Lanyards are a trend nowadays. They are strings, laces, and bands that you put around your neck or wrist to secure items like IDs, badges, and gadgets. You can see them almost every day. Most organizations and institutions require their members to wear ID lanyards for identification, promotion, and safety. There are also people who just use them to secure items that they want to carry around. Lanyards have many uses and functions that can benefit anyone.
The quality of those cords depends on the sizes, colors, and materials used. That means each option you choose essentially affects your satisfaction. If your company or school is planning to purchase lanyards, then you have to know about their most common types and styles. This will help you come up with the best version of your designs.
1. Dye Sublimation – The use of the dye sublimation technique in printing designs on lanyards is considered most reliable. The designs and logos that are going to be imprinted do not easily fade or wear off.
1. Cord – This is also known as the shoestring lanyard. It is the latest type of lanyard on the market. Cords are round strings that have a classic and clean style. These are very comfortable to use because they’re much thinner compared to the more traditional options.
2. Tubular – This is made of tube-stitched polyester fabric, similar to a shoelace. It is inexpensive, but still has a fantastic design and feel. If you are on budget, this is the best lanyard style for you.
3. Woven – This is the most difficult to create because it is made of weaving fibers that are stitched to form a design. But, compared to other top-tier options, this is less expensive.
1. Polyester – This is the most popular among the lanyard materials. It shines in both affordability and quality. The images that can be printed are also clear and do not fade easily. If you’re planning to get a tubular lanyard, you’ll probably end up getting one that’s made of polyester as the two have become rather synonymous with one another.
2. Woven Polyester – This is ideal if you’re aiming to achieve a classic and elegant style. The texts, logos, and designs are woven into the polyester lace, just like in embroidery. In that way, it won’t easily wear off even if you wash it many times.
3. Nylon – This high quality lanyard material is perfect if you’re planning to go for silkscreen-printed designs. The nylon material is very durable, with some even claiming that it lasts for years. This is more expensive compared to other materials, but it can produce the highest quality lanyard. So, if you want your company to get laces that can be used for a very long time, then this is the best choice.
ID Lanyards also use different types of hooks and clips to hold various items. The most popular ones are the swivel J hook, key ring, thumb trigger, bulldog clip, and cell phone loop. It depends on the item you are going to attach to your lanyard.
There are many things to consider in making a lanyard: the strings, laces, hooks, designs, sizes, and colors. You need to put the best combinations to come up with a style and design that you won’t hesitate to use at school or work. If you’re unsure whether you’re making the right choices, don’t think twice about getting help from the professionals.
Simply put, you shouldn’t forget that there are lots of credible lanyard manufacturers online that could check your design, improve upon it, and turn it into reality.