We’ve been nominated for our very first award: The Versatile Blogger Award.
I searched frantically (for like 10 minutes) for the actual criteria for this award, and the only thing I could find anywhere are the rules listed below. I thought maybe there were certain measures that might need to be reached in order to qualify. Perhaps a blogger who excels and writing multiple styles, or some such. Hence the name of the award. But, no, that is not the case. It is merely a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers whom they enjoy to read.
I’d like to thank Drive Thru Guy for the nomination. Drive Thru Guy hasn’t even been blogging for a month yet and already has this award under his belt. That should tell you how entertaining his blog is. If you’re ever in the mood for a good laugh and an inside look at how stupid customers are, check out his blog. Life in the Drive Thru is actually what I try to accomplish with my Customer Service Fails segments, but since I don’t work with customers on a daily basis anymore I have to write them from memory. Life in the Drive Thru is extremely hilarious, so definitely click on the link to check it out.
Here are the aforementioned rules I must complete certain tasks so that we may completely receive the award. Here are the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 10 to 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 10 to 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ve already thanked the person who gave us the award. Check.
I’ve already included a link to his blog. Check.
Now I must select 10 to 15 blogs/bloggers that I enjoy reading. Man, this feels like homework. Here we go. And the nominees are:
- BreezyK over at The Camel Life does a wonderful job of finding humor in the mundane aspects of real life. I love reading her blog even though she has this weird obsession with the Kardashians. Nobody’s perfect.
- Dabutcha’s Blog by Dabutcha (duh) is a blog about random stuph that Dabutcha happens to be feeling that day. Often entertaining (and profane), I like reading his stuph.
- The Hook’s blog, You’ve Been Hooked, takes a hilarious look at society’s deficiencies. He’s also a Bellman at a hotel and also pokes fun at stupid customers.
- BeefyBooYawn runs Beefy’s House O’ Fun. Beefy does a little bit of everything. He sometimes goes on profane rants, like me. He sometimes reviews books and movies, like me. He sometimes writes off-the-wall hilarious shit, like Revis. Check out the blog. Really, do it. Now.
- Abbie over at All That Makes You is a blog I just discovered a couple of days ago. I’ve only read a handful of her posts so far, but they are all pretty funny and entertaining. She, too, has 12 year old twins and so far our horror stories match up. Good times.
- Southern Dreamer writes the blog, uh, Southern Dreamer, and is an aspiring writer who often blogs about her children and the trials of being a writer. She writes funny stuph, so check her out.
- KateandPatty over at Ranting and Raising Concerns have dedicated their blog to ranting about the stupidity that can be found everywhere. That’s my kind of blog. I bitch about stupid all the time.
- Kimberliah has a pretty funny blog about the trials of being a mother and other opinions from the female point of view.
- The AntiNietzsche is a blog written by a high school teacher that is sometimes about the views of Nietzsche and sometimes about his job as a teacher. Other times, it’s about what he wants to rant about. You can go to this blog to find humor if you’re in the mood for it, or extremely philosophical meanderings.
- Karen at The Chronicles kinda does what I do with my random thoughts posts, but she finds the weirdest stories out there (like some dude who got his schlong all tatted up and now has a permanent erection) and throws them all into one hilarious post every Friday. Or Tuesday if she’s busy.
There are more blogs I’d like to mention, but they already have this award so I don’t really need to nominate them, but check them out because they’re cool, too: Articles of Absurdity, Fifty Four and a Half, and Laughter is Catching. I would also like to let people know that in addition to posting here, Revis Edgewater actually has his own blog. He stopped posting there for the longest time as he was posting here, but he has recently started posting there again so check it out.
Now, for 7 things about me… Um, I’m no good at this. Nothing is coming to me. So I’m going to go find one of those MySpace survey sites and steal one of those surveys. Okay. I’m back. Here goes:
- Do you have a job? What is it? Yes. I work in the IT department of a major food company.
- Whats your favorite drink? Probably chocolate milk.
- Whose your best friend? My beautiful wife. Duh.
- What are you listening to right now? The air conditioner just kicked on. Nosy…
- Whats your favorite song? It’s hard to narrow one song down as my favorite, but I can list a few that could be: Shameless by Garth Brooks, So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold, Gone Away by The Offspring, To The End by Amplifire…I could do this all day.
- If you could be any superhero in the world what would you be? I guess Superman. He’s definitely not the coolest, but he’s the toughest to defeat.
- Whats your favorite color? Black.
- What do you usually do on a Saturday? Normally I get up and eat breakfast, drink coffee, and take a shower…but not all at the same time. Then I clean up around the house. From then the day is pretty much free for me to do whatever I want.
- I know this should be at the beginning, but what is your name? Twindaddy.
- How old are you? Let’s go with mid-30′s.
- Have any siblings? Yes. I have two younger brothers. One of which is an author on this site.
- Do you like to be on the computer? Are you on it a lot? Yeah, I’m on the computer a lot. I work on computers so I spend all day at work on them. Then I come home and check Facebook and WordPress for a little bit before I go on about my home stuph.
- What is a good childhood memory for you? There are many, but I’ll go with the couple of years we have an in-ground pool in the back yard and we were able to go swimming damn near every day during summer vacation. I had a pretty kick-ass tan in those days.
- Are you a flirty person or are you a relationship goer? Well, I don’t know what a relationship goer is, but if I’m not in a relationship I do like to flirt, but I’m happily married so I don’t worry about all that bullshit anymore.
Man, I forgot how much those surveys sucked. Anyhow, I really would like to thank Drive Thru Guy one more time before I go. I appreciate the recognition for our blog.