Datingbitch of OnlineDatingJournal has nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I again scoured the internet (read: looked through one page of Google search results) to see if there was some criteria that must be met for this award or if there was some other meaning to it and all I found were the rules, which are as follows:
- Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
I have posted the award logo. Check.
Answers 10 questions about moi? I don’t find myself that fascinating, but if you insist.
- What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? I don’t remember specific titles, but I used to read the Hardy Boys mystery books when I was in my pre-teen years.
- What are you reading right now? This post. If, however, you’re referring novel or the like, I’m reading Miracle Cure by Harlan Coben
- What’s a go-to meal you make on busy weeknight?For the longest time it was frozen pizza, but we’re trying to eat healthier now and there really are no quick and healthy meals so I don’t have one currently.
- Favorite thing to do in your free time?There are many things I like to do with my free time. Of those, I play video games, read, or write mostly.
- Favorite season? Winter. It’s not so much that I like being cold (which I do to a degree) but I hate being hot. With a passion. Also, winter has snow. Snow fucking rules.
- Favorite magazine? I don’t read magazines and quite frankly don’t see how magazines stay in business any longer with the popularity and ubiquity of the internet.
- Favorite author? Harlan Coben. Hands down.
- Favorite color? Black. Although red gets an honorable mention.
- Favorite movie? No such thing. I couldn’t narrow it down to just one. But can I nominate The Avengers as my temporary favorite movie? I’ve seen it three times already and wouldn’t mind seeing it a few more.
- Do you prefer reading short stories or novels? Novels, as there is room for more in-depth story telling and character development. But I do enjoy short stories as well.
Whew! That was exhausting. I hate being interrogated. Now I must nominate 10 to 12 fabulous bloggers. Last time I did this I checked each nominee’s blog to ensure they didn’t already have the award, but it’s almost 11 and I’m freaking tired. So, yeah, I’m not going to be doing that. If you already have the award and I nominate you again that means you kick serious ass.
- Articles of Absurdity written by LorreLee
- Beefy’s House o’ Fun written by beefybooyawn
- FiftyFourandaHalf written by Elyse
- Laughter is Catching written by Tinkerbelle
- Life in the Boomer Lane written by Life in the Boomer Lane
- The Camel Life written by BreezyK
- Life in the Drive Thru written by DriveThruGuy ( I know he just received one, but I don’t care. His blog is that entertaining.)
- The Book of Terrible & You’ve Been Hooked written by The Hook
- DaButcha’s Blog written by DaButcha
- The Dumbass News written by fearlessleaderofthedumbasshorde
Now, I’m supposed to notify all of these people on their blogs that I’ve nominated them, and I will, but not tonight. I’m far too tired and falling asleep as I type this. As you can probably tell by the reduction in the quality of my writing the longer this post gets. That last sentence was proof of my claim.
And for my final act, I will “share the love and link” of the person who nominated me. I discovered Datingbitch of OnlineDatingJournal when a buddy of mine nominated her for the Versatile Blogger Award. The very first post of hers that I read was entitled My Last Day as a Stripper. It’s a very moving and emotionally distressing piece and I’m not ashamed to admit that I had a lump in the back of my throat and fought back tears as I read this post. Well, maybe I’m a little ashamed, but it’s a damn good piece. She has a zany personality and a wicked sense of humor and I enjoy reading her blog. Beware, however. If you’re easily offended (if that was the case you probably wouldn’t be here, huh?) do not click on that link. You WILL be offended.
Lastly, I’d like to thank all 105 followers (hey, that’s what it tells me I have on my page…) for reading and continuing to come back even after you’ve read our crap here. As the great Emilio Estevez once said, “Hasta lasagna! Don’t get any on ya!”