Daily Prompt

Daily Prompt: Slash and Burn

Write 500 words on any topic you like. Now remove 250 of them without changing the essence of your post.

The cover of a Stern and Price Mad Libs book.

One of my all-time favorite games. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Okay, this is a bit challenging, but quite easy to circumvent.  How will you know that I actually wrote 500 words and removed half of them?  Ha ha.  You won’t!  I win!

As a child, and even as an adult, I’ve always loved playing Mad Libs.  Often times growing up our family game nights would include Mad Libs.  Each person would take a turn asking for the words while the rest of us took turns giving the words.  Then hilarity ensued when the person taking the words would read the finished product aloud.

As an adult, what I found to be even more fun is to play Mad Libs while you’re drunk.  During a family vacation to Myrtle Beach a few years ago we did this on the deck of our rented condo almost every night after the kids went to bed.  Good times.

I am contemplating creating a new feature here call Mad Libbed in which I will turn a previous post into a Mad Lib game with the goal of getting readers to play the game and leave their results in the comments.  The goal is to get more reader interaction and offer something fun for my readers besides coming to this site and getting a) an angry, but funny, rant or b) reading about my life’s problems.

I think the challenge of actually creating a Mad Lib instead of filling one out would be fun.  However, I don’t want to do it if people aren’t going to play.

So what say you, dear readers?  If I do this will you play?

Since everybody is doing polls today in honor of El Guapo’s birthday, I’ll let you vote for it.

14 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Slash and Burn

1. I’ll play! I’ll play. DO IT!!!!

Posted by thecheekydiva | December 6, 2012, 10:34 am
  2. Yeah o.k. this has given me some ideas. All new to this but thought I would give it a crack.
    I hope nobody minds but I may stop in once in a while for some help.

Posted by diamonds37 | December 6, 2012, 11:04 am
  3. I love mad libs. We play the game while preparing holiday meals. The children ask for the words and the adults provide them. Some of the results are too funny. I would play.

Posted by shatashari | December 6, 2012, 12:32 pm
  4. I love mad libs – so fun! I’m in. :)

Posted by cshowers | December 6, 2012, 3:27 pm
  5. Mad libs = so much fun.

Posted by leah | December 6, 2012, 11:01 pm
  6. You always win! Nice post, buddy!

Posted by The Hook | December 7, 2012, 8:41 am

1. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Slash and Burn « All that I am, all that I ever was… - December 6, 2012

2. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Slash and Burn | A YEAR OF DAILY POSTS ~ A PERSONAL CHALLENGE - December 7, 2012

Contact Twindaddy!