Daily Prompt

Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth

What question do you hate to be asked? Why?

I hate being asked questions with obvious answers.  I’m impatient and have an intolerance for stupidity, which unfortunately, there’s an overabundance of in our society.

For example, a couple of weeks ago, after my boss left work for the day, he called my desk phone.

“End user support.  This is Twindaddy speaking,” I answered in the most professional voice I could muster.

“Hey, this is (your boss).  Have you left yet?” he asked stupidly.

Now, if you’re confused as to why this is a stupid question, I’ll explain it to you.  Once.  I answered my DESK PHONE.  Where the hell else would I have been?  If I had left I wouldn’t have even heard the frickin’ phone ring!

The dumbest question I get, and have been getting for the last 13 years, is, “Are they twins?”  This goes right through me.  Of course they’re twins!  They look the same.  They sound the same.  They are the same height.  When they were younger, they wore the same outfits, only in different colors so we could easily tell which one was which.  We (my ex and I) still were asked if they were twins.

Please, people.  Don’t ask questions with obvious answers.

Are they twins? Really? You have to ask? (These aren’t mine, by the way, but mine look just as identical)

That’s what question I hate being asked the most.  What about you?

43 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth

1. Well, I think you answered this one for me. Every night when I’m on my way to pick up my wife from work, EVERY FUCKING NIGHT she calls me when I’m on my way and her first question is always “Where are you?” This is AFTER she called me to tell me to come get her. And my response is ALWAYS “On my way to get you.” And her response is ALWAYS, “Oh.” Drives me fucking insane.

Posted by beefybooyawn | December 16, 2012, 10:46 am
  2. Think about how much more money your boss makes for his brilliance…I’m sure your day just became so much better…wtf.

People are dumb. Twins are obviously twins. This isn’t a question but a comment that my sister gets….oh how cute…those boys could be triplets…um how? One is 12, one is 10 and one is 6…must have skipped biology that day.

Posted by leah | December 16, 2012, 11:27 am
  3. Hahaha, so reconizable. Ask me an obvious question and you’ll get a weird reply… My answer to your boss would have been “No, this is my answering machine. Press 1 to continue.”

Posted by angelfrouk | December 16, 2012, 12:34 pm
  4. People, especially at school, always asked if my sister and I were twins. We were the same size, looked alike, and sometimes dressed alike. She was a year younger than I, and I was a grade abover her, but we did everything together.

Once, in a parking lot, I was stopped by a woman older than I. She asked if all the children with me were mine. I had five children with me. I wanted to tell her “no, I stole them,” but I admitted guilt.

Posted by shatashari | December 16, 2012, 12:37 pm
  5. The question I hate most is when are you going to start dating again? I spent 13 years with a douchecanoe who probably thinks I’m the biggest c word around…thank god we never married. my answer is never.

Posted by leah | December 16, 2012, 2:36 pm
  6. Too funny. I wonder how long it will take to get use to a stupid question, I wonder….

Posted by seeker57 | December 16, 2012, 3:16 pm
  7. Remember when I was a cashier at walmart,,,,”oh no price,,,then it’s free”
    Now thank god that i’m not in that job and i’m in Dental the thing I hate is when I ask,,Do you floss?
    And they say: Yes
    Me,,,no you don’t fucker,,,,look at all that crap between your teeth

Posted by nikkix2 | December 16, 2012, 6:31 pm
  8. All day every freaking day the dumbness walks through the door of our office. I swear there is a sign outside that only the dumb can see.

Posted by Life With The Top Down | December 16, 2012, 7:02 pm
  9. When I was young and being a brat, my mother would ask, “Do you want me to hit you?”

Posted by honeydidyouseethat? | December 17, 2012, 12:09 am
  10. I hate being asked, “Who are you and why are you going through my underwear drawer?” Men are so nosy.

Posted by Jen and Tonic | December 17, 2012, 5:38 pm
  11. I am new to this fabulously unShitty blog and so far, I am in love with the stuph I have found here. I just wanted to chime in on the stupid question deal…how’s this for obvious?

I worked for a while making reservations in a soul-sucking call center for a dinner theater in Atlanta…we often offered coupons because our prices were ridiculously high, so anyway…one of the favorites our marketing department loved to saddle us with was the BOGO, which means Buy One Get One free, for the uninitiated. The questions would go like this:

Customer: Hey! I just got an email saying that you’re offering a BOGO coupon. How does that work, exactly?

Me: Well, it’s pretty simple (*dumbass* – that part I only said in my head, not out loud, for obvious reasons)…you BUY one ticket and you GET one ticket for FREE!

Sigh. People are stupid and mostly they just suck.

Anyway, I’m enjoying the blog, love your sense of humor, and don’t mind being called “bitches,” as I indicated in the recent poll…I was one of the females who said it is NOT offensive. I actually take it as somewhat of a compliment, so there you go.

Posted by ThrenodysAngel | January 26, 2013, 12:57 am
  12. “Are they twins?”
    “Identical?”
    “Boy girl?”
    “How can you tell them apart?”

People are ridiculous sometimes.

Posted by bardictale | July 11, 2013, 7:32 am
  13. I hate being asked about my vision. “Can’t you wear glasses” Seriously… if glasses could fix my vision wouldn’t I be wearing them? Honestly I don’t know if it is stupid or cool the most people believe that everything is somehow fixable. sighs..

Posted by daniheart21 | July 13, 2013, 2:18 pm

1. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth « prettywitgla33es - December 16, 2012

My Cause