Random Thought Of The Day

Random Thought of the Day: New Product Needed

You know how flat-top stoves having a warning light on them that shines when the cooking surface is still hot so you don’t accidentally put your hand on the stove and burn the shit out of yourself and have to make an unexpected and extremely costly trip to the emergency room?  Damn that was a long sentence.

Anyways…my idea calls for a similar product.  For bathrooms.

Not long ago I made a trip to the restroom to urinate, or in layman’s terms, pee.  Upon inhaling my first lungful of air I was assualted by one of the most horrid smells my nose has ever had the misfortune of smelling.  I think it actually singed some of my nose hairs.

image

A dramatic reenactment of the cloud I unwittingly walked in to.

Then, I had an epiphany.  Lightning struck my brain, and, yes, it hurt.  But nevermind that now.

What if there was a warning light for bathrooms to notify you of, lets call it, impure air.  If such a thing existed I could have been forewarned and saved my precious nose hairs and my traumatized olfactory glands.  I could have waited.  I could have used another bathroom.   Or I could have at least shielded my nose with my shirt.

image

At the very least I could have used a clothes pin to protect myself from cruel and unusual odors.

If any inventors are reading this I’m willing to give up a majority percentage of any profits earned by my idea.  My motives are mostly altruistic.

Please. Think of the noses.

18 thoughts on “Random Thought of the Day: New Product Needed

1. Brilliant! I want one!

Posted by MissFourEyes | December 18, 2012, 2:47 am
  2. I hope this wouldn’t be needed in peoples’ houses…courtesy flushes..fans and windows people. Oh yeah and did I mention courtesy flushes? I’m Im though.

Posted by leah | December 18, 2012, 3:51 am
  3. There was one bathroom in a restaurant I frequented when I was very ill (and especially stinky). It had an automatic aerosol that would, I swear, start spraying when I opened the door. I took it personally. Still, it worked!

Posted by Elyse | December 18, 2012, 7:39 am
  4. The warning light would stay lit in the restroom my father frequents.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | December 18, 2012, 9:19 am
  5. I just figure that they’re all “polluted”and try not to inhale.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | December 18, 2012, 8:08 pm
  6. If I had that on my bathroom the light would never go out.

Posted by beefybooyawn | December 23, 2012, 2:03 am