Daily Prompt

Daily Prompt: Live to Eat

Some people eat to live, while others live to eat. What about you? How far would you travel for the best meal of your life?

I definitely fall into the live to eat category.  I have no willpower when it comes to food.  Most of the time.

I love food.  I heart it with a passion  It will eventually be my undoing.  I really need to stop eating for about six months or so.  Or maybe check myself in to a food rehab clinic.  Do they have those?  If not, why not?

Where the hell IS this place?

But that’s not what the question was.  How far would I travel for the best meal of my life?  To the closest restaurant, of course.

The best meal of my life is always the next one.  I’m not a very picky eater so I don’t need to travel far to find a restaurant I like.  About the longest I’ve ever driven to get to a restaurant I really wanted to eat at is about 30 minutes, because that’s how close the nearest Joe’s Crab Shack is.

Ever tried their Great Balls of Fire? It’s fried balls of crab and jalapenos, for Christ’s sake. Get your mind out of the gutter.  Pervs…

I heart crabs.  Well, the kind you eat, anyway.  Frankly, the area I live in is so saturated with restaurants I don’t have to travel far to find a restaurant I like.  Were that not the case I probably still wouldn’t travel more than 30 minutes to get a good meal.  I mean, honestly, is any type of food worth all of the gas money you’d be spending to get there?  Not nowadays.  Nowadays you must have stellar credit, take out a second mortgage, and donate one of your children’s kidneys just to be able to afford gas.

Anyone else feel like this when they get to the gas station?

What about you, dearest reader?  What’s your favorite restaurant?

21 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Live to Eat

1. My favorite restaurant is Chili’s.

Posted by dmauldin53 | December 21, 2012, 9:15 am
  2. Thank u for the ping back. I am like you. I wouldn’t spend the extra miles to get a meal unless I was all dressed up and have a major credit card and plan on paying it off in six months time. hehehe, not gonna happen in my neck of the woods!

Posted by terry1954 | December 21, 2012, 10:44 am
  3. My favorite restaurant is my kitchen. My wife and I have put together some super fantastic meals in there over the years. The only problem is, because we don’t necessarily go off a recipe, sometimes our creations our impossible to duplicate.

Posted by djmatticus | December 21, 2012, 10:59 am
  4. I love that your next meal is your best one.

Posted by becca3416 | December 21, 2012, 11:49 am
  5. On a completely unrelated note, you have been voted the winner of the Mad Lib contest at Fish Of Gold! Let me know how you’d like to collect your prize.

Posted by goldfish | December 21, 2012, 1:15 pm
  6. My favorite restaurant is within walking distance and it’s also a wine bar. Double win because I eat amazing food and can just drunk zig-zag home!

Posted by La La | December 21, 2012, 3:31 pm
  7. The Italian Village in Chicago has food to die for. It is far for you to travel but worth it if you do.

Posted by leah | December 21, 2012, 4:58 pm
  8. My favorite place is in the mall of the town north of here – about twenty minutes – it’s Chinese and by far the best Chinese I can find around here without actually traveling to China.

Posted by Barbara Hightower | December 21, 2012, 7:54 pm
  9. I’m the same way, live to eat. Otherwise I’d be Skinnybooyawn instead of Beefybooyawn lol. My favorite restaurant though would have to be… damn… not entirely sure lol. Lately I’ve been on a Skyline kick, but I’d have to say probably Kabuto’s. Japanese Steak Bar and Sushi. YUM.

Posted by beefybooyawn | December 24, 2012, 12:09 am