Customer Service Fails

Customer Service Fails: Isn’t that what a doctor does?

I was having a jovially nonsensical conversation with Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher - who has an excellent blog, by the way, and you should check it out – on my Unshitty™ Daily Prompt post from this morning when she reminded me of a story I’ve yet to tell on this here weblog (isn’t that what all the bots who comment on my site keep calling this?).

This story involves a ditzy blonde.

Is there any other kind?

Many, many years ago, in a retail store far, far away…  I was at work.  And it sucked.  But that’s not the purpose of this story.  I’m at work now and it sucks.  Some things never change.

Anyhow, a coworker and I were discussing…something.  I don’t remember the exact subject matter of our conversation, but the coworker expressed an opinion on something to which I replied, “I concur.”

Then, a really, really dumb blonde (again, is there any other kind?) coworker who happened to overhear our conversation interrupted us with this gem:  “Concur?  Isn’t that something a doctor does?”

“Yes,” I quipped, “only a doctor can concur.  Didn’t you know I run a lucrative medical practice during the day and only moonlight as a destitute retail worker?”

Here’s your sign.

From that moment on those in the know (you are now a part of this fortuitous group) always ensure that the statement, “I concur,” is followed endearingly with, “just like a doctor.”  In fact, if you are in the know, it is mandatory that you retort in this fashion.

i concur

A flawless execution of the “I concur” mandate.

So you have you mission, oh faithful readers of stuph.  When somebody concurs, it is your mandate to ensure they do it just like a doctor.  Go forth, and spread the word.

68 thoughts on “Customer Service Fails: Isn’t that what a doctor does?

1. I love this on many, many levels…

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | January 2, 2013, 2:03 pm
  2. Nice mandate, but as a natural blonde I am glaring at you.

Posted by becca3416 | January 2, 2013, 5:21 pm
  3. That was pretty stupid. I concur. Vocabulary is not the strong suit of many, many people.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | January 2, 2013, 5:51 pm
  4. TwinDaddy, I do believe that you have concurred with me from time to time. As a dirty blonde (get your mind out of the gutter, you know what the term means and if you don’t all I have to say is “I concur”) I resent the implication that we are all dumb.

And so I am pretty sure a group glare is facing you right now.

Posted by Elyse | January 2, 2013, 7:22 pm
  5. That’s a mandate I can get on board with.

Posted by Emily @ The Waiting | January 2, 2013, 7:41 pm
  6. Damn! That was funny. In my old role, I’d send weekly reports for approval and the guy would respond I concur instead of approved. Every single week. It would have taken every ounce of restraint not to email respond “like a doctor” after reading this. I’d find a way to work it into a convo though.

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 2, 2013, 8:56 pm
  7. This is brilliant! I concur, like a doctor.

Posted by MissFourEyes | January 3, 2013, 3:21 am
  8. The Triple Face Palm is hilarious! I would of course concur (like a doctor) that it sums the whole scene up very nicely.

Posted by Life With The Top Down | January 3, 2013, 6:44 am
  9. OH! So THAT’S why you do it. It all makes perfect sense now! Glad you filled us in.

Posted by beefybooyawn | January 20, 2013, 6:05 am
  10. So, do old people like me who’ve gone (nearly) white rather than blonde get to concur like a doctor or do we have to concur like a dentist or, worse, a hairdresser?

Posted by Val | May 22, 2013, 9:29 am
  11. haha, now i see.

Posted by Rahburt | September 8, 2013, 7:17 pm
  12. Couple of things. I’m a blonde, and I’m not dumb. Well, not all of the time. But on everything else, I concur…like a doctor. I will use this every time. Scouts honor. Blonde’s honor.

Posted by cellulitelooksbettertan | April 29, 2014, 10:43 pm