Daily Prompt

Daily Prompt: My Favorite

What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.

This is an exercise in futility!  How unfair!  How asinine!  How ludicrous!  *checks thesaurus*  How inane!

Do you really, DP, expect me to evaluate all of the people close to me and decide that one of them is more important than the others?  Should I value one twin over the other?  Should I value my relationship with my wife over my relationship with my mother?  And what of Baby C?  Or Revis Edgewater?

No, I do not have a favorite person, DP.  I value my mother, brothers, children, and wife equally.  That question crossed the line.

The line must be drawn HERE! HERE! And no further!

Bad form, DP.  Bad form.  You’ve pissed Picard off.  Heads will roll.

Since I can’t honestly answer this question, I’ll ramble on about something else.  Perhaps I’ll tell you how much time I’ve spent away from my favorite thing, instead.  That sounds like wonderful blog fodder.  And by wonderful I mean that I can get another 100 words added to this post so it doesn’t look so….Etheopian.

Recently, I experienced withdrawals.  Yesterday, in fact, as I spent all day away from WordPress, my favorite thing.  My addiction.

It was horrible.  I actually had *shudders* real-life things to do.  I had to be a grown up yesterday.  And I hated it.  I almost checked myself into a rehab clinic last night so horrible were the withdrawals.

You’re telling me that you can write without having a pen and paper?

Seriously, I have a problem.  All I wanted to do yesterday was read blogs and write blogs.  But I had grown up stuff to do.  Ugh.  I hate grown up stuff.  I’d rather be a Toys-R-Us kid.  Or something else that isn’t grown up.

Anyhow, it’s been a rough 24 hours without WordPress.  I’ve missed you guys!  How sad is this?  Nevermind, don’t tell me.  I’m sure I’m being judged right now.

Eh, fuck it.

20 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: My Favorite

1. LOL Yes, I know the feeling. I should be doing other things too. Thanks for the pingback.

Posted by kristc99 | January 6, 2013, 5:02 pm
  2. love what you said!!! thanks for the ping back~

Posted by terry1954 | January 6, 2013, 5:12 pm
  3. I’m glad you finally got to have your way with your computer today. I think we’ve all had that feeling. lol

Posted by Life With The Top Down | January 6, 2013, 5:38 pm
  4. It is really hard to lee away from blogging. I am actually doing it Right Now. Yup. I am actually watching the Redskins. But whenever I pay attention to the game, Seattle scores. So really I am only reading blogs to help the Redskins. Because while I was writing this comment Seattle who was about to score fumbled

Damn I am good.

Posted by Elyse | January 6, 2013, 6:18 pm
  5. “Keep” away from logging. Or “blogging”. It’s especially annoying to have a typo in your correction.

Posted by Elyse | January 6, 2013, 6:20 pm
  6. Welcome back! I can cancel the APB. ;-) No judging here, though. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 6, 2013, 10:48 pm
  7. When duty calls, you have to do what you have to. To think that mother is your favorite than wifey is bad,bad,bad form. Good thing you did not answer that. I didn’t either to some degree.

Posted by seeker | January 6, 2013, 11:04 pm
  8. Know how you feel, and I haven’t been doing it as long as you. Blogging I mean. ;) Today was my first serious day back at the old writing desk, or kitchen table in my house. WordPress will now have its allocated slot in the evenings. And thanks for the pingback by the way. :)

Posted by sarahneeve | January 7, 2013, 11:49 am
  9. I do not have a problem. I can quit anytime I want to.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | January 7, 2013, 5:29 pm

1. Pingback: Daily Prompt: My Favorite Grandchildren | My Blog - January 6, 2013

My Cause