Daily Prompt

Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn

Most of us are excellent at being self-deprecating, and are not so good at the opposite. Tell us your favorite thing about yourself.

It’s true.  I am most excellent at self-depreciation.  I can criticize myself like nobody’s business.  I got that shit down to a science.  Quite honestly, I’ve spent most of the last few months recognizing all of the ways that I suck in addition to all the ways I already knew I sucked.  The list has become rather long.

You know what, though?  I’m tired of sifting through all of this suckage.  It sucks.

Really…it IS the suck.

So thank you Daily Post for giving me a reason to look at all of the positive things I am and can do.  I don’t do that often enough.  I can never pick one thing out of many as my favorite for anything, and this is no exception, so I will make a list of all the ways I fucking rule.  Because that would kick ass and stuph™.  And you all know how much I love stuph™.

And here we go!!!

Drum roll

1. I’m fucking funny.  I know this because people laugh at me.  They laugh at the things I do.  They laugh at the things I say.  Sometimes they even laugh at the things I do or say to purposely make them laugh.  Sometimes it’s just because I did something stupid.  I don’t care.  I like to make people laugh, however I can do it.  And I’m normally pretty damned good at it.  Hell, sometimes I even make myself laugh.  That takes talent.

Relax.  I'm hilarious.

I got this.

2. I’m a good listener.  I genuinely care about people and their problems.  I like to help them through things, even if the only thing I do is let them vent.  I fancy myself a problem solver and like to help people with their problems if I can.

I really am listening.

3. I’m loyal.  Once I love you (romantically or platonically) I’ve got your back.  I’ll do anything for you.  Need help moving?  I’m there.  Need a shoulder to cry on?  I’m there.  Need a drinking buddy? I’m there in a fucking heartbeat.  Need your computer fixed?  Stand in line, I’ll get to it eventually.

Word.

4.  I’m a great father.  I know I’m not perfect, and I definitely have things to work on, but nobody, and I mean nobody, loves their children as much as I love mine.  There is absolutely NOTHING I wouldn’t do for them.  I love spending time with them, playing with them, and teaching them.  Most of all, I love watching them grow.  It’s amazing to me how the twins have turned from newborn babies to infants, to toddlers, to small children, and finally into young men.  I have imparted on them the values I hold most dear and it seems that they have taken them to heart.  They are caring, compassionate, and smart young men and I’m so proud of what they’ve accomplished and all that they will accomplish.  I know no matter what they choose to do I will always be proud of what they have become and will become.

Not really, but I’m sure the hell trying to be.

Well, there you are, dearest readers (I’m so glad that I can make that a plural noun finally). Those are the most favoritest things I like about myself.

What about you, dearest readers?  What is the most bestest thing you like about you?

Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts:

115 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn

1. Twin Daddy,
    Le Clown saw this daily prompt this morning, and was actually tempted by it. But then he though his post would be too short. But as he likes you, he will write it here:

Beginning:
    Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn

I am Le Clown. Enough said.
    End.
    Le Clown

Posted by Le Clown | January 16, 2013, 11:21 am
  2. I would have to CONCUR ~ I’ve laughed at you, I mean WITH YOU! WITH YOU! many a time.

Um – do you have my back? If so – can you return it with slightly less behind? Thank you – I’ll be waiting over there, with my missing back to the wall. Hurry up, it’s drafty.

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | January 16, 2013, 11:34 am
  3. You forgot to mention how un-shitty you are~! I’m sure you’re a great dad. I don’t doubt it at all. And yes, you are funny. Way funnier than me. I love to read your stuph, try to read it all, even when I don’t have time to comment. You’re kinda sweet and friendly for a stormtrooper, aren’t you?

Posted by thecheekydiva | January 16, 2013, 12:09 pm
  4. After only knowing you for a short time, I know you are all of those things!! Nice toot (no, not that one)….give yourself a pat on the back (not said sarcastically)

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | January 16, 2013, 12:23 pm
  5. Twindaddy,
    You’re also the Mack daddy. Or the daddy Mack. Either way, you’re warmin’ it up. I’m new here, but I’m enjoying myself on your page

Posted by Adam S | January 16, 2013, 12:36 pm
  6. One of my best traits is that I don’t really care what anyone says about me.
    Good thing too, or I’d be in the fetal position by now…

Posted by El Guapo | January 16, 2013, 1:21 pm
  7. I concur, like a fucking doctor!

Posted by GingerSnaap | January 16, 2013, 1:26 pm
  8. You got it goin’ on, brother.

Posted by Madame Weebles | January 16, 2013, 3:35 pm
  9. I’m alot like you,,I make people laugh all the time, mostly with my sarcastic sexual comments. EVERYTHING comes back to that right???
    I also am a very loyal person almost to a fault that I end up getting hurt by my own loyalty when I find that people that I thought were loyal turn out not to be. Learning a hard one about that one right now in life.
    C’est la vie tho!

Posted by Just Another Canadian Gurl | January 16, 2013, 4:05 pm
  10. I don’t know about the other stuff but you’re definitely funny :)

Posted by lena de almeida | January 16, 2013, 4:33 pm
  11. OK, you kind of snuck up on me there. Here I was doubled with laughter and then you pulled the Daddy card on me. I was all like sweeeeet ! I McLoved this post !!

Posted by fortyoneteen | January 16, 2013, 6:34 pm
  12. If it weren’t for the fact you have a penis and sub yourself out as a Storm Trooper, I would think we were one in the same. Very interesting. If you tell me you are a Pisces, I may faint.

Posted by Life With The Top Down | January 16, 2013, 7:37 pm
  13. Haven’t been here long either. You are hilarious and even when you are serious, we want to read more. The other qualities seem spot on,.especially the good.dad one.

I am my own worst enemy. Noone can beat me down harder. I excel at my job or so I’ve been told….and I will also drink with a friend in a heartbeat.

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 16, 2013, 11:10 pm
  14. You really suck at writing a bad post. Great job!

Posted by Yeahthtsme | January 17, 2013, 2:05 am
  15. Yeah, you’re nice and you’re funny, but aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?

Posted by calahan | January 17, 2013, 1:00 pm
  16. Toot away, TwinDaddy. There is so much to toot about — all well deserved. Besides, I learned long ago that when you toot your own horn, folks agree with you. So you are funny, a great Dad, loyal, and you’re going to fix my computer. What’s not to like.

Did I did myself out of my hole yet?

Posted by Elyse | January 17, 2013, 2:54 pm
  17. Loved all your horn-tootin’ :)

Some things that I love about myself…

1. I’m a self-taught baker that loves coming up with new recipes.
    2. I know how to start a dance party even when faced with empty floor and crowds of seated disgruntled folk.
    3. I rarely get stage fright or nervous speaking in front of big crowds. My biggest crowd was an impromptu presentation in front of 200 people. I was notified I would speak 5 minutes prior.
    4. I can make Batman sexy.

Posted by vyvacious | January 21, 2013, 9:20 pm

1. Pingback: LEFT ALONE « hastywords - January 16, 2013

2. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn (Our YouTube Video) | My Blog - January 16, 2013

3. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Toot Your Horn « prettywitgla33es - January 16, 2013