Poetry

Emotional Revolution – A Romantic Monday Poem

I have decided to partake in Edward Hotspur‘s weekly Romantic Monday feature.  In essence,  you write a romantic poem every Monday and share it on his page so that other participants can read your work in addition to sharing their own.  If you fancy yourself a poet, as I occasionally do, please join me in participating in this Unshitty™ adventure.

Adrift, lost
Before our paths crossed
Ignorant, unaware
An unanswered prayer

I cried, I screamed
Fate intervened
A light, a beacon
My will to weaken

Found, discovered
Each other we uncovered
In love, smitten
As if in the stars it were written

Suffering, hardship
Losing my grip
Understanding, realization
Emotional constipation

Change, transformation
A search for salvation
I pledged, I swore
I will love you forevermore

48 thoughts on “Emotional Revolution – A Romantic Monday Poem

1. That’s a gorgeous poem. Is it OK to submit older work to the Romantic Monday page?

Posted by Simon | January 21, 2013, 9:59 am
  2. Good poem, dude! You give Revis a run for his money.

Posted by Edward Hotspur | January 21, 2013, 10:02 am
  3. That was beautiful.

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | January 21, 2013, 10:18 am
  4. Beautiful. Talent runs in your family.

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 21, 2013, 10:19 am
  5. Nice one sir!

Posted by Doggy's Style | January 21, 2013, 11:05 am
  6. LOVE…this completely!

Posted by hastywords | January 21, 2013, 11:26 am
  7. Well, I really was emotionally constipated for a while. I shut her out and wasn’t sharing my feeling with, well, anyone. I’m doing my best not to be that way anymore. We talk more now than we ever have about…whatever. It’s nice. And completely different than I’m used to.

Posted by twindaddy | January 21, 2013, 11:40 am
  8. Oh Twindaddy, it’s beautiful

Posted by MissFourEyes | January 21, 2013, 12:14 pm
  9. Oh no…you are showing that besides when you speak of your children, you have a really soft romantic side in that huge armor that you wear…nice job

Posted by TammyeHoney | January 21, 2013, 4:58 pm
  10. I love it!!!! And of course you’d throw in “constipation”.

You got a soft side…and I like it! :)

Posted by Nicole Marie | January 21, 2013, 6:51 pm
  11. Beautiful, TwinDaddy!

Posted by Elyse | January 23, 2013, 7:22 am

1. Pingback: Lanterns On The Horizon – A Romantic Monday Post Into The Horizon | Edward Hotspur - January 21, 2013

2. Pingback: Romantic Monday – They’re Here, Still | wordsandotherthings - January 21, 2013