Stuph

Your Unshitty™ opinion is needed – please vote!!

Good evening, Stuph Mafia™.  I know you’re all getting ready to watch the Superbowl.  Eh?  What?  A football game is going to ruin my Sunday night?  I’m afraid so, dearest reader, but that’s not what I’m here to talk to you about.

Earlier today, another blogger whom I respect and admire suggested that perhaps we’re posting too often here.  He’s afraid that some of our posts might be overlooked simply because there are so many of them.  That thought had occurred to me, but since our stats keep going up and we keep gaining new followers I kinda dismissed the idea.

And so, since you dearest reader, are the reason we post at all, I’d like to hear your opinion on the matter.  Do we post too much?  Do we not post enough?  Do you even care?  Inquiring minds want to know.  You insight is valuable to us.

Also, feel free to leave suggestions in the comments, as well.

60 thoughts on “Your Unshitty™ opinion is needed – please vote!!

1. Who are these people who are telling you how to run your blog? First the bitches thing and now you’re posting too much? Really? I look forward to each and every email announcing your posts….you do what you want to do and don’t listen to anyone else.

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | February 3, 2013, 6:31 pm
  2. I voted “too damn much” but only because I sometimes have to skip them — you’ve been on a roll lately. But on work days, I can’t get to them all. It doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy them or that you should stop. Merely that if you don’t get a snarky comment from me doesn’t mean I don’t love you.

Posted by Elyse | February 3, 2013, 6:33 pm
  3. I love your posts. If you were posting a lot and it was crap that would be another story, but all of your posts are awesome so I say keep them coming!
    PS I hate sport

Posted by stephrogers | February 3, 2013, 6:53 pm
  4. I kind of go into withdrawal when I don’t see something in my inbox from you. Majority will rule, I guess. Go Niners.

Posted by 1jaded1 | February 3, 2013, 7:02 pm
  5. I can see how someone might be concerned. You, BLC™, revisedgewater, 1jaded1, and guest posters will all be popping up quite frequently, but nothing is repetitious so I think it’s just fine. Keep yourself in check so you don’t get burned out. As long as you are having fun and everyone is up for putting together what they need to be a part of the Stuph™, then your blog won’t become shitty. Each poster will inevitably gather their own following within the Stuph™ following, but it’s a multi writer, multi post kind of blog so this would happen even if you only did one or two a day.
    P.S. I made it over the hump. I can call the weekend a success. Thanks for sticking by me.

Posted by Melanie | February 3, 2013, 8:09 pm
  6. Being a little psycho analytic, I think you already know your answer. This person showed concern and then you bring it for everyone else to surmise. I always advise someone to “think fast”. Which is basically not thinking. Red or green, go! Whichever pops out of your mouth first is what you want or works well for you. Take out what everyone else thinks and see what you think. You already know.

Posted by Combat Babe | February 3, 2013, 8:48 pm
  7. I voted ‘Just right’ because I think if you want to write, share, give, whatever, on your own personal blog, who’s to tell you it’s too much! In fact, I wish I had the time to post more… but I’m balancing a lot right now. You do have more posts than the other peeps I follow, and if I don’t read them right away, I keep them in my in box so I can read later, if I think it’s a must read, even if it’s not, I still have the option. I enjoy your posts. ~Jen

Posted by jenlefeverwood | February 3, 2013, 9:25 pm
  8. I came across your blog just a few days ago, I know you’ve been here for over 5 years (where the hell was I) and I am catching up on your stuph here. I think it is good that you are posting often, Firstly because regular posting means your latest stuff will keep coming up and you’ll have more chances of expanding your readership and the other thing is that you are not feeding your stuph forcefully. Readers can choose to look up (which they will) when they want to get entertained/informed etc whenever they have time. I usually bookmark things I cannot read right away to get to them at a later time.
    Oh my why don’t I write more posts on my blog. I keep on writing page-long comments on every blog I read. Or I should write a book full of my LONG opinions :)

Posted by Ritu KT | February 3, 2013, 10:12 pm
  9. Your blog, your rules. I can’t promise I read every post, and I am not alone in that, but you’ll still going to have posts falling through the cracks of people’s attention no matter how frequently you post.

Posted by List of X | February 4, 2013, 12:31 am
  10. I wasn’t going to comment, who am I to tell the Sexiest Stormtrooper Alive how to run his blog? But you want feedback. And I hate it when I ask people for feedback and they give me the Indian head bob (there is no answer, it’s a way of answering without actually answering). Maybe limit it to a certain number of posts a day? You could keep some back and post them when you’re out of ideas (even though you never are!). Like someone up in the thread said, it’s hard to read them all when you’re at work. And the important thing is that we WANT to read all your posts. Some days we just don’t have the time. And life isn’t complete without the Sexy Stormtrooper.

Posted by MissFourEyes | February 4, 2013, 3:53 am
  11. Haters gonna hate. If people don’t want to read so many posts, they’re free to ignore some of them.

The only suggestion I might make is somehow make the more “noteworthy” posts stand out.

Posted by The Cutter | February 4, 2013, 9:21 am
    • Well, as stated before, this wasn’t really hating. It was genuine concern from a fellow blogger whom I respect and admire. This is also a very successful blogger and hence why I took his words seriously. But I wanted to get feedback from the people who actually read here before I made any kind of decision. If the readers actually like that we post so often then it would be stupid to cut back.

Posted by twindaddy | February 4, 2013, 9:25 am
  12. I voted “What the hell am I doing here?” because I have no idea where I am. What is this stuph?

Posted by aliceatwonderland | February 4, 2013, 10:39 am
  13. I had the same thought. I always try to make the effort to move back and see if you’ve put out more than one post for a day, but I really think one-a-day is good.
    Your stats are going up because you rock! I would hate to see you run out of material…

Posted by The Hook | February 4, 2013, 12:00 pm
  14. Honestly I get back logged with posts from all of the blogs I follow and you guys do post quite a bit here (and now I’m contributing to that) so sometimes I do skip over posts just to get through the horde of posts I have to read (or skip over). But I’d never tell you to calm it down. Keep doing what you do. It’s not your fault I miss some posts, that’s my loss.

Posted by beefybooyawn | February 10, 2013, 9:30 am