Music, Youtube Tuesday

YouTube Tuesday: New Music

Good morning, Stuph Mafia™.  Do you know what today is?  You had better…

Time to make fun of the gap in Mike Tyson’s teeth right to his face?

No, dear reader, that would be stupid.  We’re going to do something infinitely more fun.

We’re going to drink beer before liquor?

Um, no.  I don’t even know why I ask you this every week.  *sigh*

It’s time for…

YouTube Tuesday

Woohoo!!

This week’s theme is going to be a new (to me, anyway) band I discovered via Pandora, recently.  The band is Delain.

Live band of Delain

Live band of Delain (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I suck at describing music, so I’ll let Wikipedia describe them for me.

Delain is a Dutch symphonic metal band formed in 2002 by former Within Temptation keyboardist Martijn Westerholt and Charlotte Wessels.

Well, I could have done that.  Thanks, Wikipedia.  Anyhow, Delain mixes hard rock with symphonic music and gothic background vocals to make a pretty unique sound that I’ve come to enjoy thoroughly.  Below I will post videos to some of my favorite songs of theres. Enjoy!!

These are just a few of many great songs by this band.

How about you, dearest reader?  Have you discovered any new music recently?  And remember, as it is YouTube Tuesday your comment must contain a YouTube video.

40 thoughts on “YouTube Tuesday: New Music

1. I like it! That lead songer is pretty bad asssss.
    Here is my youtube video per your decree….

Posted by GingerSnaap | February 5, 2013, 10:04 am
  2. Try this on. Found hr through John Phillips blog – joebeans2002.wordpress.com

Posted by El Guapo | February 5, 2013, 10:19 am
  3. Oh Emm Geezy. There are good rock metal bands with female vocalists. Fuckyeah!! Thank you, TD!!

Posted by Combat Babe | February 5, 2013, 10:20 am
  4. Broken English song “Rose” from 2 Japanese flicks I love: Nana & Nana 2. See? Sometimes I listen to foreign music for the sound because I am picky on vocals when it comes to female singers.

(hope that works, never embedded in comments before.)

Posted by Combat Babe | February 5, 2013, 10:30 am
  5. I liked it! Has a little Celtic sound to it. I really liked it.

Posted by dmauldin53 | February 5, 2013, 11:06 am
  6. Reblogged this on cftc10.

Posted by cftc10 | February 5, 2013, 11:23 am
  7. I love music – and this blog.
    But I can barely keep up with your output!

Posted by The Hook | February 7, 2013, 10:57 am
  8. Ohhh I live in Holland and I haven’t heard of them before (Dutch Fail…sigh.) I did like Within Temptation, so am curious about Delain now.

I’m always on the look-out for new music and when I work I often gravitate to instrumental songs as it doesn’t make me burst out in singing, causing me to stop painting/drawing.writing. I really love movie soundtracks and I was slightly obsessed with the Pirates of Caribbean one…this may explain my pirate behavior. Just maybe.

Okay, my stalking will stop now! Need to prep dinner!

Posted by TJLubrano | February 8, 2013, 11:11 am