Daily Prompt

Why Stuph™?

Dearest readers,

I’m back and feeling much better today.  I’d like to thank all of you who offered well-wishes and warm thoughts yesterday.  I still battle depression on a daily basis and most days I can kick it to the curb, beat it down, force-choke it, or stomp on its scrawny neck, but when you face it with an insane lack of sleep that makes the chore infinitely tougher.

Thank you Polysyllabic Profundities for offering your ear, and a huge, ginormous, leviathan thank you to La La who let me abuse her ears all day yesterday and for offering support and words of encouragement as I battled my demons.  That was one extremely long-ass sentence.

And now, with all that sappy stuff outta the way, let’s move on to today’s Daily Prompt.

Explain why you chose your blog’s title and what it means to you.

The reason I went with Stuphblog™ is because I didn’t want my blog to be confined to a particular topic and I wanted to be able to write whatever I felt like writing at any given moment without having to worry about whether it fit in with any theme I might have chosen.

I knew right off the bat that I’d want to use my blog to talk about life events, my children, and for editorials.  I’d later come to realize that I like to write fiction and poetry, too.  Had I narrowed the scope of my blog initially I’d have had to either start a new blog or rename my blog once I decided to begin those endeavors.

I chose my blog’s title because I love stuph™.  No seriously, I do.  My word for everything I find cool is stuph™.  Instead of using the traditional spelling of the word, I choose an alternate spelling so it would stand out.  So, in choosing a different spelling, I was in essence creating a new, yet similar word.  For those wondering what the differences might be, allow me to clarify.

Stuph (noun) – [stuhf] things that kick ass
Stuff (noun) – [stuhf] things that do not kick ass

If you have ever noticed Revis or I use the traditional spelling of the word (stuff) it is because whatever we are referring is the suck in our not so humble estimations.  Of course, we rarely write about stuff because who wants to talk about things that suck?  But sometimes a good rant is necessary.  It cleanses the soul.  Or some such.

Anyhow, that concludes my history lesson on this here weblog and its title and what the title means to me.  And yes, I’m aware that I just used the word ‘and’ way too many times in my last sentence and entirely too much in this paragraph.  AND, I don’t care.

Attempting_to_give_a_damn____by_fallschirm_jaeger

It’s your turn, dearest reader.  Why did you choose your blog’s name?  And what does it mean to you?

Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts:

1. Q the Adult: A Warped Interpretation « Q the Adult
  2. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Gozum Show
  3. Daily Prompt: All About Me MIND OF SHOO | Mind of Shoo
  4. Gypsies left, gypsies right | March of the Gypsies
  5. Daily Prompt: All About Me … The beginning of Lent | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
  6. Daily Prompt: All About Me | kcm1976’s Blog
  7. Easily Startled, Probably Panicking | Mind of a Mouse
  8. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Alastair’s Blog
  9. A Rose By Any Other Name | The Jittery Goat
  10. It’s all about me, baby! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
  11. The Nameless One | The Nameless One
  12. No End, No Beginning | The Nameless One
  13. My Blog by Any Other Name « Delana’s World
  14. Daily Prompt: All About Me « 33andlostinlife
  15. Why? | Hope* the happy hugger
  16. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Waggingmytale’s Blog
  17. When you come to the end, you just have to beat a new path… | My life! My Way!
  18. Promptness Is Important! | Daily Promptness
  19. A Play on Words « Nine Year Pregnancy
  20. A Song, A Book, My Name « theseeker
  21. All About Me! « My thoughts, My life
  22. Daily Prompt: All About Me « Completely Disappear
  23. Making Asinglemove |
  24. Why valprehension? « Valprehension
  25. Five Uninterrupted Minutes? The title is self-explanatory. I’ll explain anyway | Five Uninterrupted Minutes
  26. Mitten’s Kittens «
  27. Come Have a Cup of Tea with Me « The Education Cafe
  28. Daily Prompt: What’s in a Name? (All about me) | Sammy’s Moleskin

75 thoughts on “Why Stuph™?

1. My ear is always available!!!

Posted by La La | February 12, 2013, 10:13 am
  2. hahaha i love the attempting to give a damn window- picture! :lol: Awesome! :cool:

Posted by mischievouseyez | February 12, 2013, 10:13 am
  3. Stuph sounds way cooler than stuff!

Posted by Ritu KT | February 12, 2013, 10:18 am
  4. Aw I’m sorry hun! I wasn’t around at all yesterday. I started new therapy and was so drained afterwards I went straight to sleep. Sorry it was a bad day. HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | February 12, 2013, 10:19 am
  5. Glad you’re feeling better.

Posted by El Guapo | February 12, 2013, 10:19 am
  6. Stuph looks cooler than stuff too!
    Because it is stuff written in a kick-ass way!

Posted by Ritu KT | February 12, 2013, 10:20 am
  7. That’s what friends are for!! Glad you’re getting back to your normal stuph!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | February 12, 2013, 10:24 am
  8. I also like “Stuph” as apposed to “Stuff.” Thanks for sharing your reasons :)

Posted by thehappyhugger | February 12, 2013, 10:31 am
  9. I always knew you were absolutely lovely, wonderful, gorgeous and stuph. (That has been my standard “flattery will get you everywhere” line for years, but before I’d been spelling stuph incorrectly.)

FaithHopeChocolate comes from another blog of mine, on LiveJournal, where I thought it would a good title for that would be “Faith, Hope and Chocolate”. Of course, by the time I signed up here, FaithHopeandChocolate had already gone, so I’m faithhopechocolate. Like faith, hope and charity, but tastier.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | February 12, 2013, 10:32 am
  10. Your stuph rocks!

P.S. I’m glad you’re better today. I have lots more hugs if you need

Posted by MissFourEyes | February 12, 2013, 11:03 am
  11. Haha!! That is exactly why I didn’t get too specific with what I wanted to do here. I didn’t want to be juggling multiple blogs. I’m fully capable of doing it, just don’t want to.

Posted by twindaddy | February 12, 2013, 11:48 am
  12. I must have missed your Sad Pony post under my own Sad Pony. Will look back. I continue to call your blog Stoof blog.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | February 12, 2013, 12:25 pm
  13. So glad you’re doing better today, TD. We all have the crappy ones from time to time.

As for your name, I’ve always liked it. It gives you plenty of room to maneuver. I do worry about YOUR name, though, “TwinDaddy,” once Baby C gets a bit older you will have my problem — given that you are the Daddy of Twins Plus One!

My blog name is stupid. Pure and simple. I should write about that at some point.

Posted by Elyse | February 12, 2013, 12:34 pm
  14. Glad you are feeling better, twindaddy! Whatever else is going on in your life, look at all the bloggy support that flew your way!

Posted by happyzinny | February 12, 2013, 2:13 pm
  15. Glad your day is looking better brother,
    It’s winter you know. Winter should go fuck off.
    Red

Posted by SocietyRed | February 12, 2013, 4:11 pm
  16. You’ve Been Hooked! is obviously a play on my last name and The Book of Terrible is my answer to The Book of Awesome and its sickening positivity…

Posted by The Hook | February 12, 2013, 4:50 pm
  17. You’re feeling better today I hope? GOOD. Because I was about to slap you around. And not in any sort of good slapping around way. We pretty much chose our names for the same reasons, and that’s awesome.

Posted by Nicole Marie | February 12, 2013, 5:40 pm
  18. I’m sorry I missed your post yesterday, insomnia sucks balls. I wrote an ode to it myself recently. I’m so glad that today is a better day. Perhaps you need to uncrack your shits? I often find hilarious laughter is the best medicine, it’s either that or the ugly cry and I’d rather not clog up my sinuses for the rest of the day. On another note, great post, and now I fully appreciate the stuph/stuff thing!

Posted by stephrogers | February 12, 2013, 6:21 pm
  19. Hmmm. My blog doesn’t have a name. That’s a situation I shall have to remedy, now isn’t it?

Posted by revisedgewater | February 12, 2013, 7:41 pm
  20. I’m glad you’re feeling better, TD. It does not surprise me at all that you can kick them demons to the curb like no one’s bidness. Can you beat mine up too? Then you can add “mercenary” to your list of qualifications ;D

I like Stuph. It’s good and all-encompassing. I often tell my friends, when they ask me what my blog is about, that it’s just about all my stuff. Good thing you trademarked it.

Posted by The Waiting | February 12, 2013, 8:49 pm
  21. That gif is hilarious…to take it one step further, “attempt failed”.

Posted by 1jaded1 | February 12, 2013, 10:02 pm
  22. I love stuph™, too! And this blog. *high five* Yay for blogs that write about whatever they want, whenever they want! :D

Posted by rarasaur | February 13, 2013, 3:23 am
  23. Glad you’re felling better. Stuph is straight up BasAss and you should have it no other way. Oh, I love the little meter…I think I want one for my desk.

Posted by Life With The Top Down | February 13, 2013, 7:23 pm

1. Pingback: Daily Prompt: What Readers Say About Me | My Blog - February 12, 2013

2. Pingback: Daily Prompt – All About Me – The (Mostly True) Origin Story of TooFullToWrite | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish) - February 12, 2013

3. Pingback: Daily Prompt: All About Me … The beginning of Lent | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34 - February 12, 2013

4. Pingback: Daily Prompt: A Blogging Chameleon | wordsandotherthings - February 12, 2013

5. Pingback: 7 Questions With A Trooper | Stuphblog - November 23, 2013