I’m back and feeling much better today. I’d like to thank all of you who offered well-wishes and warm thoughts yesterday. I still battle depression on a daily basis and most days I can kick it to the curb, beat it down, force-choke it, or stomp on its scrawny neck, but when you face it with an insane lack of sleep that makes the chore infinitely tougher.
Thank you Polysyllabic Profundities for offering your ear, and a huge, ginormous, leviathan thank you to La La who let me abuse her ears all day yesterday and for offering support and words of encouragement as I battled my demons. That was one extremely long-ass sentence.
And now, with all that sappy stuff outta the way, let’s move on to today’s Daily Prompt.
The reason I went with Stuphblog™ is because I didn’t want my blog to be confined to a particular topic and I wanted to be able to write whatever I felt like writing at any given moment without having to worry about whether it fit in with any theme I might have chosen.
I knew right off the bat that I’d want to use my blog to talk about life events, my children, and for editorials. I’d later come to realize that I like to write fiction and poetry, too. Had I narrowed the scope of my blog initially I’d have had to either start a new blog or rename my blog once I decided to begin those endeavors.
I chose my blog’s title because I love stuph™. No seriously, I do. My word for everything I find cool is stuph™. Instead of using the traditional spelling of the word, I choose an alternate spelling so it would stand out. So, in choosing a different spelling, I was in essence creating a new, yet similar word. For those wondering what the differences might be, allow me to clarify.
Stuph (noun) – [stuhf] things that kick ass
Stuff (noun) – [stuhf] things that do not kick ass
If you have ever noticed Revis or I use the traditional spelling of the word (stuff) it is because whatever we are referring is the suck in our not so humble estimations. Of course, we rarely write about stuff because who wants to talk about things that suck? But sometimes a good rant is necessary. It cleanses the soul. Or some such.
Anyhow, that concludes my history lesson on this here weblog and its title and what the title means to me. And yes, I’m aware that I just used the word ‘and’ way too many times in my last sentence and entirely too much in this paragraph. AND, I don’t care.
It’s your turn, dearest reader. Why did you choose your blog’s name? And what does it mean to you?
Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts:
- Q the Adult: A Warped Interpretation « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Gozum Show
- Daily Prompt: All About Me MIND OF SHOO | Mind of Shoo
- Gypsies left, gypsies right | March of the Gypsies
- Daily Prompt: All About Me … The beginning of Lent | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Prompt: All About Me | kcm1976′s Blog
- Easily Startled, Probably Panicking | Mind of a Mouse
- Daily Prompt: All About Me | Alastair’s Blog
- A Rose By Any Other Name | The Jittery Goat
- It’s all about me, baby! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- The Nameless One | The Nameless One
- No End, No Beginning | The Nameless One
- My Blog by Any Other Name « Delana’s World
- Daily Prompt: All About Me « 33andlostinlife
- Why? | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: All About Me | Waggingmytale’s Blog
- When you come to the end, you just have to beat a new path… | My life! My Way!
- Promptness Is Important! | Daily Promptness
- A Play on Words « Nine Year Pregnancy
- A Song, A Book, My Name « theseeker
- All About Me! « My thoughts, My life
- Daily Prompt: All About Me « Completely Disappear
- Making Asinglemove |
- Why valprehension? « Valprehension
- Five Uninterrupted Minutes? The title is self-explanatory. I’ll explain anyway | Five Uninterrupted Minutes
- Mitten’s Kittens «
- Come Have a Cup of Tea with Me « The Education Cafe
- Daily Prompt: What’s in a Name? (All about me) | Sammy’s Moleskin