Daily Prompt

Are you proud of me?

Today’s prompt inspires no hilarity from me today, Stuph Mafia™.  Sorry.  I hope to be funny later, though.  So read this, maybe?  Hahahaha.  I still hate that song.

When was the last time someone told you they were proud of you?

The last time someone told me they were proud of me was back in October, when I’d come back from my hiatus and admitted that I was kind of a douchebag towards my wife.  My buddy Elyse told me she was proud that I recognized my shortcomings and the fact that I was attempting to remedy them.

I, still, am not proud of the way I behaved or that it took so long for me to recognize it, but that’s neither here nor there, nor is it important ultimately.  That was the last time it happened, and that unfortunately is all I have to say about that.

(Courtesy of perfectlycursedlife.com)

Shameless plug:  Please head over to Alice At Wonderland today so you can experience the adventure I had in Wonderland.  I crave your validation, Stuph Mafia™, so please don’t let me down.  Just kidding.  I don’t crave it.  I need it.  Give it to me.  NOW!!  K, bye.

Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts:

1. Daily Prompt: Proud | Phenomenal Lass
  2. Pride « Q the Adult
  3. Daily Post: Proud | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
  4. Daily Prompt: Proud « prettywitgla33es
  5. DP: Proud « thelissachronicles
  6. Daily Prompt: Proud … Thank you kind Sir | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
  7. Loud and Proud | بيسان
  8. Daily Prompt: Proud | Reviewer Rose
  9. Small steps: proud of the progress! | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
  10. Proud as punch | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
  11. No, not so much… | Hope* the happy hugger
  12. Could Never Figure Out Why Mary Was Proud? | The Jittery Goat
  13. This Will Be a Short Post | Sorta Ginger: Ramblings of a Quasi-Redhead

54 thoughts on “Are you proud of me?

1. I am proud of you too – a lot of men (and women) don’t get it even when beat over the head with a hammer. Goodness knows my marriage has had its ups and downs.

BTW: Did people decide to go and get lives today, or what?

Posted by aliceatwonderland | February 15, 2013, 10:24 am
  2. And yet, how often do we say we’re proud of someone?
    Look at peoples reactions to you. The unspoken message is probably there.

Posted by El Guapo | February 15, 2013, 10:32 am
  3. It’s hard to look at one’s imperfections and try to fix them, TwinDaddy. I’m still proud of you.

And I’m still glad I have so few imperfections to work on.

Posted by Elyse | February 15, 2013, 10:49 am
  4. I’m proud to know you, buddy! You’ve changed my life…

Posted by The Hook | February 15, 2013, 11:20 am
  5. Big clap for admitting your faults. I read part 1 of your story and thought it was funny, but I’ll wait for part 2 before commenting. :)

Posted by sarahneeve | February 15, 2013, 11:55 am
  6. Let’s count the ways we are proud of you: Dad of several children and good at it. A hubby that says something in itself. Several blogs that you not only maintain but have varied material on daily. Before your head swells so big you can’t get it through the door I will stop here….

Posted by TammyeHoney | February 15, 2013, 1:13 pm
  7. Funny how you sometimes have to swallow your pride for others to be proud of you. It takes a big person to recognize their faults.

Posted by asignoflife | February 15, 2013, 3:44 pm
  8. Elyse knows her stuph, she’s very wise as you already know since she was able to recognize your greatness when you were down and out. You should be proud of yourself for caring enough to realize you needed a little tweaking…we all do now and then Twin, but not everyone acts on it. Sending a big virtual pat on the back…you earned it!

Posted by Life With The Top Down | February 15, 2013, 5:59 pm
  9. You should be proud of being able to express your feelings. Not a lot of people are able to do that.

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | February 15, 2013, 6:51 pm
  10. I’m proud of you too. It takes a real man to admit when he’s wrong.

Posted by Nicole Marie | February 15, 2013, 11:17 pm

1. Pingback: Daily Prompt – Proud – Poem / Poetry – A Double Edged Sword | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish) - February 15, 2013

2. Pingback: What’s pride got to do with it? | She Said What? - February 15, 2013

3. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Proud … Thank you kind Sir | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34 - February 15, 2013

Contact Twindaddy!