Stuph

Keep On Shining

Dearest Stuph Maphia™, it is time for another awards ceremony.  You may be tired of them.  Even more so considering that 4 hours of rich people and idiocy was just broadcast to our ignorant nation the other night.  But fear not, unlike that awards ceremony, there will be no boobs song or no one tripping on their dress going up the steps.  Hmmm…maybe this won’t be as entertaining as I originally thought.  Oh well.  The show must go on!  And so it shall!  Onward!  And stuph™!

shineon1A devoted reader, prettywitgla33es, has honored this Unshitty™ little hole in the internet the Shine On Award.  The only thing shiny around here is my armor, so that must be what she identified with.  Or maybe she just really, really likes us.  It’s hard to tell sometimes why people do the things they do.  Like right now.  I’m rambling on and on and on after having my second cup of coffee and the caffeine is just making my fingers type all these inane words and there’s really no reason for it at all.  It’s like a game now to see how many words I can cram into this one paragraph.  Wait, I think I’ve finally gotten tired of this.  Have I?  Yes.  Geezus.  Now I’m having a conversation with myself on my blog.  For everyone to read.  Now you all KNOW without a doubt that I’m certifiable.  Just what I needed.  Crap.

As usual, there are rules that come along with graciously (or reluctantly) accepting any award, so you must do so at your own risk.  BUT, the rules for this award are not too awfully troublesome, so I don’t mind this at all.

The Rules!

1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Nominate fifteen bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
  3. Share some facts about yourself or answer questions given to you.

I have already linked back to the blogger who nominated me (twice) because I like to exceed expectations, but only when I accidentally do so.  This was completely unintentional so I therefore preferred to exceed my expectations this time.  Yay me!

I have to nominate 15 bloggers for this prestigious award, and I will do so at the end of the post.  I like to end these posts with a bang.  No, not that kind of bang you perverts.  Although a blog orgy could be fun.

I’m supposed to share some facts about me or answer questions now, but there were no questions posed for me to answer and I’m too wound up and too highly caffeinated currently to just spew random inconsequential facts out about myself.  If there’s something you want to know, please feel free to ask in the comments.  I will, however, come up with some questions so that my victims, I mean…highly talented nominees, can’t get out of this so easily.  What I meant to say was that so you could learn more about those wonderful people.  Something is wrong with me today, but I’m not sure what.  I just keep saying all these things I don’t mean to say.  What the hell is going on here!?!?!  Eh…on to the questions!

1. Who is your favorite comedian?  Why?
  2. You try to silently let out a fart to relieve the pressure building up but, OOPS, it was a shart.  What do you do now?
  3. Did you watch the Academy Awards? Why or why not?
  4. If you could have any person, alive or dead, guest post on your blog who would it be?
  5. You’re just standing there, minding your own business, when suddenly you feel your pants fall down to your ankles.  You’ve been pantsed.  What do you do?  How do you get back at the asshole that did it?

Aaaaaaand now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for.  Or perhaps praying for.  Or maybe even dreading.  It’s time to nominate 15 (oh my gaaawd) blogs for this incredible honor!  Here goes!

Drum roll

10. NicoleMarie
  11. aliceatwonderland
  12. El Guapo
  13. Lisa
  14. Poly
  15. The Cutter

Congratulations, suckas!!!  I mean, winners.  Damn, I still don’t know why I keep saying things I don’t mean to say.  Oh, well.  Until next time, Maphia™!!

Finally, I’d like to take the time to point out that this isn’t a one person show.  There are two other bloggers who write here in this putrid corner of the interwebs, and I’d be an idiot, and an ungrateful jackass, if I didn’t mention them.  Revis and Jaded, you guys, just as much as me (probably more so), make this blog as Unshitty™ as it is.  Thank you both very much.

Outtakes

• Was taken aback by a picture that popped up in my Zemanta plug-in.
    Robert Opel streaking at the 46th Academy Awar...

Robert Opel streaking at the 46th Academy Awards ceremony. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)  WTF?

• Watched the shart video and laughed at the juvenile humor therein.
  • I had to google the Shine On award, because the chain of blogs leading up to our nomination didn’t have the rules in them.  And even that took some trial and error.
  • Was asked by a fellow blogger to have Blunt Life Coach™ guest post.  This will probably not end well…

65 thoughts on “Keep On Shining

1. Thanks for the shout out, Daddy!! And Shine on, my armored friend!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | February 26, 2013, 1:42 pm
  2. Well, what to say, I was not prepared for this at all today!! I am so very honored to receive this award!! This is my second award on Tryst, but certainly the most special!! As you know, I love shinny things, so this is very fitting, and very special to me!! Thank you TwinDaddy, thank you so very much!! It seems I have am award post to create to further recognize my thanks and gratitude for this very special moment, for me and for Tryst!! :)

Posted by jenlefeverwood | February 26, 2013, 2:27 pm
  3. twindaddy, you trooper in shining armor, you! That was such a nice surprise, thank you!!! I’m a little concerned about the ‘sucker’ part, tho…

Posted by happyzinny | February 26, 2013, 2:32 pm
  4. Why thank you, Twin, and well deserved.
    I’m in some incredible company up there!
    (Off to check out the ones I don’t know…)

Posted by El Guapo | February 26, 2013, 2:50 pm
  5. Man, I gotta answer MORE questions? Thanks for the mention! I’m already thinking up some sure to be clever answers.

Posted by The Cutter | February 26, 2013, 3:22 pm
  6. You deserve all the awards that are coming your way, my friend, unshitty indeed, you are. And as Yoda would say, OOYL- Only Once You Live~ Ha ha, saw that on a T shirt at Hot Topic this weekend and thought of you. :-) Rock on,(er, shine on I mean) shiny little armored dude.

Posted by thecheekydiva | February 26, 2013, 3:22 pm
  7. More delicious bloggy goodness to check out. Woo-hoo!

Posted by Fish Out of Water | February 26, 2013, 4:10 pm
  8. Thank you kindly! I recently saw the clip of the streaker in preparation of the Oscars, it was very funny.

Posted by Life With The Top Down | February 26, 2013, 5:40 pm
  9. Congrats, buddy! Your light is blinding!

Posted by The Hook | February 26, 2013, 5:48 pm
  10. Congrats to you, blinding all of us with your shiny armor. And thank you for the nomination. I will work on my reply, and hope that it is as unshitty as yours.

Posted by djmatticus | February 26, 2013, 6:13 pm
  11. That was a fab blog post. Rambles? Isn’t that the way blog posts are supposed to work? Yay for my nomination! I like that award, it’s cute and shiny. I have been meaning to write an award post but I keep forgetting and by now I may not remember which people generously sent what awards my way. At least I thanked them at the time. I’m pretty sure there were more Liebsters involved. And good for you, being able to think up 15 blogs. I always just want to give them to everybody so I don’t have to decide or make links.

I think I’ll answer the questions right here.

1. Favorite comedian? I do like Jeff Dunham because his puppets are great and he’s not afraid to be anti PC occasionally (his suicide bomber puppet for instance?)

2. Charming new vocab! This has not happened to me, but I have had the pee thing when you laugh or sneeze too hard happen. I have two kids. The ladies will understand. I usually just try to die slowly.

3. No. It’s lame. Sorry I missed the girl trip, but they helpfully showed that in retakes.

4. Have already had the world’s best stormtrooper. Hmm. I’d like to have Oprah. I’m pretty sure this would get me lots of hits. And possibly a new car.

5. Pantsed? Last person that did that was my husband, and I didn’t mind so much. Then again, we weren’t in public. I think I would be hoping I was wearing my sexy underwear (though I’d probably have on the ones with the holes in them). I’d chase said person down and throttle them. Um, after pulling up the pants.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | February 26, 2013, 7:13 pm
  12. Thank you so much, SS! For the award and for that picture of Robert Opel streaking :D
    1. You are.
    2. “accidentally” sit in some chocolate cake. Is it shart, is it cake? Who can tell anymore?
    3. No. Because. Just because.
    4. My Sexy Stormtrooper! And maybe a mime. I always wonder what they want to talk about.
    5. What do I do? Judge current underwear situation. Holes? Granny panties? Sexy underwear? Accordingly pull pants up if necessary.
    How do I get back at the asshole that did it? Atomic wedgie.

Posted by MissFourEyes | February 27, 2013, 6:28 am
  13. I know. It may be a while though. Things are busy right now.

Posted by twindaddy | February 27, 2013, 1:54 pm

1. Pingback: Shine Bright ~ Shine On Shinning | ღ Think. Speak. Tryst. ღ - February 26, 2013

2. Pingback: It’s Award Time Again | Beefy's House o' Fun - February 26, 2013

3. Pingback: Shine On Blogging Award | FROM THE DARK - February 27, 2013

4. Pingback: Another Round of Awards! | My Rabbit Hole Trips - February 27, 2013

5. Pingback: Once Versatiled, Twice Shined | thematticuskingdom - February 28, 2013

6. Pingback: Friday Foolishness – Angry Cat Edition | Guapola - March 1, 2013