Poetry

Get Out

31027909

Get out of my head
You are no longer welcome
You aren’t worthy
Of the man I’ve become
Your words have no meaning
Your actions speak the truth
Your lies and betrayals
Are completely uncouth

Get out of my heart
Just get the fuck out
You’ve shattered it completely
And strewn it about
My heart deserves better
Than the treatment it’s received
I’m sweeping up the pieces
The remains of make-believe

Get out of my life
You’re a poisonous soul
You manipulate and use
Your well-being your only goal
You stomp over others
To get what you desire
Your lies destroying lives
Much like a wild-fire

Just turn around and leave
Don’t say another word
Your inane ramblings are
The dumbest things I’ve ever heard
I don’t want you to be
Any part of my life
You’re a sick twisted person
Who I once called my wife

60 thoughts on “Get Out

1. Wow….that was very powerful and well done. I love the line “I’m sweeping up the pieces, the remains of make-believe”. You do deserve so much better!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | March 5, 2013, 10:02 am
  2. Still praying for you, TwinDaddy. Xx

Posted by faithhopechocolate | March 5, 2013, 10:04 am
  3. Powerful!
    I hope it brings you some catharsis.
    And if not, keep at it. No pint letting her take up valuable brain real estate.

Posted by El Guapo | March 5, 2013, 10:17 am
  4. I can relate to this, even though I’m not angry at my ex wife anymore.

Posted by TheImaginator | March 5, 2013, 10:20 am
  5. So sorry you’re going through all of this, TwinDaddy. May it ease quickly.

Posted by Elyse | March 5, 2013, 10:30 am
  6. I’m sorry all of this is happening. You deserve so much better.

Posted by MissFourEyes | March 5, 2013, 10:53 am
  7. Nothing quite like the pain of heartache is there? Things will get better. You are too amazing for them not to.

Posted by djmatticus | March 5, 2013, 12:28 pm
    • Yeah, I know they will. Sometimes it’s hard to control where my mind goes, though.

Posted by twindaddy | March 5, 2013, 12:28 pm
      • I understand that… It is so much easier to think about the worst of it all when we aren’t feeling the greatest; staying positive seems to require energy and effort we just don’t have. But, that’s where friends come in! Even “fake” internet friends, because we can be positive for you! And tell you that you are amazing, and tell you that things will get better, and eventually some of our positivity will wear off on you. You won’t be able to stop it. *insert maniacal laughter here*

Posted by djmatticus | March 5, 2013, 12:37 pm
        • Lol, thanks, DJ. I think the biggest thing I need to do now is catch up on my sleep.

Posted by twindaddy | March 5, 2013, 12:39 pm
          • Yep, sleep has some pretty amazing restorative properties. Want me to sing you a lullaby? (FYI – did you know that Green Day and No Doubt have lullaby versions of their songs out there?! We got two CDs for the baby shower a few weekends ago – I’m still geeking out about it.)

Posted by djmatticus | March 5, 2013, 1:03 pm
          • That sounds…weird.

Posted by twindaddy | March 5, 2013, 1:04 pm
          • Hah! Well, yeah, maybe a little, but still super awesome! I’ll probably be listening to the lullaby versions long after the kiddo has moved on to psy-dub-pop-blues, or whatever style is going to be popular in 5 years.

Posted by djmatticus | March 5, 2013, 1:08 pm
  8. That was a fantastic piece, made better by the sentiment. The self-blaming has given was to something much more realistic. I hope you are doing well.

Posted by stephrogers | March 5, 2013, 2:59 pm
  9. Fierce, angry poetry, twindaddy! She must have wounded you deeply, so sorry to know that a friend is going through this pain. Hopefully as time passes, the hurt will start to fade.

Posted by happyzinny | March 5, 2013, 3:33 pm
  10. I have been there. The anger does eventually go away. I promise.

Posted by deanabo | March 5, 2013, 6:33 pm
  11. I didn’t know you knew my ex….

J/k though it is very fitting for him.

but I”m glad you got your feelings out there. ITs good for you.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | March 5, 2013, 7:51 pm
  12. This was great and certainly a wonderful way to release anger. Been there with the lies and betrayal it’s certainly no freaking fun. I hate that we have to go through theses phases to get to happiness, but I guess they serve their purpose….I hope you have a quick ride to happiness! How do you like your place?

Posted by Life With The Top Down | March 6, 2013, 6:07 am
    • It was rough the first day or so. Everything was still packed up plus the sink upstairs was clogged and the dishwasher flooded the kitchen, but since then those things have been taken care of. It’s a little weird being alone, but I’ll get used to it.

Posted by twindaddy | March 6, 2013, 7:25 am
  13. This is one of the best expressive pieces I have read. It is nice to see someone share word with some raw emotion.

Posted by Animockery | March 6, 2013, 11:23 am
  14. Raw, deeply personal (I’m guessing.) and very moving.

Posted by The Hook | March 7, 2013, 10:58 am