Daily Prompt

The Life of Twindaddy, A New Mystery Novel

Five!  Five days in a row!  That’s, like, almost an entire work week or something.  Today’s prompt is extremely contemplative and thought-provoking…for everyone else but me.  Coherent thoughts elude me right now.  Okay, prompt me!

If you could have any author –living or dead – write your biography, who would you choose?

Harlan Coben

You want me to write your biography?  Okay, but I’ll need to fictionalize it to make it interesting. (Photo credit: Mark Coggins)

Any author?  Living or dead?  So I could theoretically choose Shakespeare?  Or Homer?  Or even one of the Apostles?  Perhaps Snooki (How’d that bitch get published?  Seriously.)?  Interesting.  Let me think.  Hahaha.  Who am I kidding?  This is a no-brainer.

Harlan Coben.  All the way.

There are many great authors I enjoy reading, but Harlan Coben puts them all to shame.  In my book he does, anyhow (see what I did there?).  He captivates me in a way no other author can.  Once I start reading any book of his I cannot stop reading until I reach the end.  I’ve learned from experience not to start reading a book of his unless it’s Friday night, otherwise I’ll stay up all night reading it and get absolutely zero sleep.  Then, I’ll be dragging ass at work the next day.  Yes, this has happened to me.  Multiple times.  Talk about unproductive.  Ugh.

Michael Crichton

I’m not coming back from the dead for this.

Also, if there’s any author who could make my life sound interesting enough to read, it would be Harlan Coben.  He would somehow keep you turning the pages through my mundane life.  He’s just that good.  I’m sure Michael Crichton would do an adequate job, but not much in my life needs to be explained using science fiction.  Well, besides my first marriage.  I’m still trying to figure that one out and I wouldn’t mind seeing the science behind it.  I mean, there has to be some scientific reasoning behind it other than a complete lack of intelligence.  I’m pretty smart, so I don’t want to accept that I was just stupid, even though that’s probably the only explanation.  Oh, geez.  I’m rambling again.  I can’t believe you guys are still reading this.  Stop.  Stop!  Ugh…  Okay, I’m done now.  I need to go get more coffee.

Authors I also considered for this prestigious honor

1. Steve Berry
  2. Timothy Zahn
  3. Michael Crichton
  4. Aaron Allston
  5. Dr. Suess

It’s that very special time now, folks.  No, not happy hour.  It’s audience participation time!  You know you love it.  I pose this question to you:  2-ply or 4-ply?  Wait, that’s not the right question.  What author would YOU choose to write your biography?

Other great Daily Prompt posts

1. Author, Author! | The Daily Dilly Dally
  2. Daily Prompt: Ghost Writer | Alastair’s Blog
  3. 10:3 Daily Prompt: Ghostwriter | Family Photos Food & Craft
  4. Daily Prompt: Ghostwriter | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
  5. Life Is Bowl Of Cherries; It Matters Who Does The Pickin’ | The Jittery Goat

58 thoughts on “The Life of Twindaddy, A New Mystery Novel

1. I’ll have to check out Harlan Coben.
    How about a collaboration between Dr Seuss, Douglas Adams and Albert Camus?
    Or is that just me…

Posted by El Guapo | March 11, 2013, 9:20 am
  2. Stephen King or Edgar Allen Poe.

Posted by merbear74 | March 11, 2013, 9:42 am
  3. Sharon K Penman, John Waters or Erma Bombeck would be my choices!

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | March 11, 2013, 9:46 am
  4. Suess is awesome. My favorite….

Posted by Shackled and Crowned | March 11, 2013, 10:15 am
  5. Roger Zelazny, because I miss his writing.

Posted by sha'tashari | March 11, 2013, 10:15 am
  6. Oh my gosh! The life of twin-daddy as told by Dr. Seuss would be great! Instead of “Hop on Pop” it could be called “Hop-Hop on Pop.” Plus, I’m fairly certain that Dr. Seuss could explain your first marriage every bit as well as Crichton could.

Posted by djmatticus | March 11, 2013, 11:06 am
  7. I pick you. Especially with those plans of you moving in…

Posted by MissFourEyes | March 11, 2013, 11:38 am
  8. I’m going to have to check out your author, I’ve never heard of Harlen.

For me it would be David Sedaris or Dave Barry. Because life is so incredibly stupid.

Posted by Elyse | March 11, 2013, 12:49 pm
  9. You couldn’t just tell it to him?

Posted by twindaddy | March 11, 2013, 1:13 pm
  10. I would really want it to be Dean Koontz…..I think my life would seem very interesting if that were the case!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | March 11, 2013, 6:42 pm
  11. HP Lovecraft. He would totally get me if you believe people who share the same birthday, have the same personality traits.

Posted by 1jaded1 | March 11, 2013, 8:52 pm
  12. Either Terry Pratchett, or Adrian Plass. That way it would turn out to be funny amusing, rather than funny weird, at least!

Posted by faithhopechocolate | March 12, 2013, 7:12 am
  13. The story of your life would be a page turner, that’s for sure!

Posted by The Hook | March 13, 2013, 8:33 am

1. Pingback: ?What about Jane Austen | بيسان - March 11, 2013

2. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Ghostwriter « Mama Bear Musings - March 11, 2013

3. Pingback: My Autobiography!!! Coming Soon At A Bookstore Near You | Beyond Beauty Tips - March 11, 2013

4. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Ghostwriter | My Blog - March 11, 2013

5. Pingback: Life Is Bowl Of Cherries; It Matters Who Does The Pickin’ | The Jittery Goat - March 11, 2013

6. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Ghostwriter | My Atheist Blog - March 11, 2013

7. Pingback: The Rime of the Ancient Steph | She Said What? - March 11, 2013

8. Pingback: Getting ghost writers to write Biography | Things To Rave About - June 18, 2013