Way, way, waaaaay back (nope, keep going – ack! too far!) on March 6th Steph Rogers nominated my unshittiness™ for an award. Being the excellent and masterful procrastinater that I am, I’m just now getting to it. I may even publish it…eventually.
Steph is fucking awesome. She’s smart and a very talented writer. As such, she’s certainly qualified to recognize this blog for its unshittiness™ and award it with an epic award. No, it really is an epic award. See for yourself…
Woohoo for blog bling! As you are all probably aware, there is no such thing as gracefully receiving an award without doing some homework, or being interrogated. Or both. So there are rules. And I shall post them here. In just a moment. What? I need another sip of my coffee. Geez. Don’t rush me.
- Tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yourself. That’s it.
- Pass it on to 10 bloggers you think are awesome and/or epic–or both.
Well, that’s not too horrible. Some awards take hours to accept. I think I can handle this. If not, well, you all will at least get a good laugh while I try.
So let’s get started, shall we? I’m not pulling an all-niter here. Here are 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yours truly. If I can think of that many..
- When I was at the Academy, some pranksters thought it would be funny to put adhesive on the bottom of my helmet. It stuck to my armor. I couldn’t turn my head and had to go down to maintenance to get them to get it unstuck. Real funny…
- No mystical energy field controls my destiny. (bonus points if you know what that’s from)
- Interesting tidbit I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned here before: my mother and I were both delivered by the same doctor. He retired a week after I was born.
- I’ve had to pee in the dark at work this week because maintenance is too lazy to come replace the lightbulbs in the bathroom. Somehow, it’s all making it into the commode. My streak probably won’t last though.
- I hate sleeping. If I could stay up 24/7 I would. Imagine how much more I could get done.
- I skipped today’s Daily Prompt about pets because I was unfortunately forced to leave my pet behind (for monetary reasons) when I struck out on my own and I miss her.
- When I’m not feeling well I take a long, hot shower (until there’s no hot water left) and then plop my sick ass on the coach and watch Star Wars movies back to back to back to back to back to back. Episode I to Episode VI. It’s a weird little ritual I have.
- A coworker is listening to Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd currently. The irony in the lyric “we don’t need no education” just struck me. That’s a double negative!! Aside: Yes, I know that this isn’t a fact about me, but this just popped into my head so you’re reading it. Get over it.
- I heart memes.
- I am absolutely confused and disgusted by America’s fascination with celebrities. They’re just people. Who cares what they wore, who they’re banging, or that their picture was photoshopped? Pay attention to the people that are actually IN your life, please.
Ok, I’m glad that’s over with. I don’t like talking about myself. Now I must take on the monumental task of passing this epic award onto 10 epic bloggers. I’ll pick unshitty™ bloggers instead, but they are epic, too. Here they are in no particular random order:
- Not Quite Alice
- The Lone SheWolf
- Naked Blog Goddess
- Ross Murray
That’s all the unshittiness™ I can muster right now. Congrats, nominees!