Stuph

Better Late Than Never?

Way, way, waaaaay back (nope, keep going – ack!  too far!) on March 6th Steph Rogers nominated my unshittiness™ for an award.  Being the excellent and masterful procrastinater that I am, I’m just now getting to it.  I may even publish it…eventually.

Steph is fucking awesome.  She’s smart and a very talented writer.  As such, she’s certainly qualified to recognize this blog for its unshittiness™ and award it with an epic award.  No, it really is an epic award.  See for yourself…

epicallyawesomeaward

Would I lie to you?

Woohoo for blog bling!  As you are all probably aware, there is no such thing as gracefully receiving an award without doing some homework, or being interrogated.  Or both.  So there are rules.  And I shall post them here.  In just a moment.  What?  I need another sip of my coffee.  Geez.  Don’t rush me.

• Tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yourself.  That’s it.
  • Pass it on to 10 bloggers you think are awesome and/or epic–or both.

Well, that’s not too horrible.  Some awards take hours to accept.  I think I can handle this.  If not, well, you all will at least get a good laugh while I try.

So let’s get started, shall we?  I’m not pulling an all-niter here.  Here are 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yours truly.  If I can think of that many..

1. When I was at the Academy, some pranksters thought it would be funny to put adhesive on the bottom of my helmet.  It stuck to my armor.  I couldn’t turn my head and had to go down to maintenance to get them to get it unstuck.  Real funny…
  2. No mystical energy field controls my destiny. (bonus points if you know what that’s from)
  3. Interesting tidbit I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned here before:  my mother and I were both delivered by the same doctor.  He retired a week after I was born.
  4. I’ve had to pee in the dark at work this week because maintenance is too lazy to come replace the lightbulbs in the bathroom.  Somehow, it’s all making it into the commode.  My streak probably won’t last though.
  5. I hate sleeping.  If I could stay up 24/7 I would.  Imagine how much more I could get done.
  6. I skipped today’s Daily Prompt about pets because I was unfortunately forced to leave my pet behind (for monetary reasons) when I struck out on my own and I miss her.
  7. When I’m not feeling well I take a long, hot shower (until there’s no hot water left) and then plop my sick ass on the coach and watch Star Wars movies back to back to back to back to back to back.  Episode I to Episode VI.  It’s a weird little ritual I have.
  8. A coworker is listening to Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd currently.  The irony in the lyric “we don’t need no education” just struck me.  That’s a double negative!!  Aside: Yes, I know that this isn’t a fact about me, but this just popped into my head so you’re reading it.  Get over it.
  9. I heart memes.do what you want
  10. I am absolutely confused and disgusted by America’s fascination with celebrities.  They’re just people.  Who cares what they wore, who they’re banging, or that their picture was photoshopped?  Pay attention to the people that are actually IN your life, please.

Ok, I’m glad that’s over with.  I don’t like talking about myself.  Now I must take on the monumental task of passing this epic award onto 10 epic bloggers.  I’ll pick unshitty™ bloggers instead, but they are epic, too.  Here they are in no particular random order:

1. Not Quite Alice
  2. Melanie
  3. The Lone SheWolf
  4. Elyse
  5. Beefy
  6. Revis
  7. Poly
  8. Naked Blog Goddess
  9. Ross Murray
  10. Rawra

That’s all the unshittiness™ I can muster right now.  Congrats, nominees!

35 thoughts on “Better Late Than Never?

1. Ooh, ooh, I get an award AND bonus points. Cause No. 2 — that’s Han talking in the first movie. The first real one, that is.

Congrats on another award, TwinDaddy and thanks for letting me share it.

Posted by Elyse | March 19, 2013, 12:38 pm
  2. I’ve got Stuph love all over me!

Posted by rossmurray1 | March 19, 2013, 12:42 pm
  3. Thank you, Sexy Stormtrooper, for such an unshitty award! And congratulations, you are the unshittiest of us all ;)
    #4 is quite impressive. In fact I think it deserves an applause. *applauding*

Posted by MissFourEyes | March 19, 2013, 1:19 pm
  4. BADASS!!! Thanks TwinDaddy!!! XOXOXO

Posted by theloneshewolf | March 19, 2013, 3:58 pm
  5. Ummm did I just get almost an entire paragraph! Oooh squeeeeee!!! I’m still working on this compliment stuff, it means a lot coming from the likes of you Trooper.
    Number one! I’m laughing so hard from number one I almost couldn’t read the rest for the tears in my eyes! I once glued my pencil box to the desk in woodwork. The teacher had to get the industrial sander and sand it off, down to dust. I got zero for that project. Epic fail.

Posted by stephrogers | March 19, 2013, 4:33 pm
  6. I think Unshitty™ definitely means the same thing as epic awesomeness! Or, awesomesauce, if you prefer. Congrats on the well deserved award!

Posted by djmatticus | March 19, 2013, 4:47 pm
  7. Hopefully you don’t smell like it.

Posted by twindaddy | March 19, 2013, 7:31 pm
  8. Congrats on the award. Echo on your 5th fact. I usually hover around 20 or 21/7 awake. Sorry about your 6th fact and love your 10th…so very true.

Posted by 1jaded1 | March 19, 2013, 10:26 pm
  9. Time to send a little love for the Trooper. Thanks for the epic award nomination. I should have shouted about your awesomeness before now, but you already know how epic your awesomeness is….or something like that!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | March 20, 2013, 3:08 pm

1. Pingback: I’ve Known All Along | Beefy's House o' Fun - March 19, 2013

2. Pingback: Or Is It The Other Way Around? | 33 Grams of Blog - March 21, 2013

3. Pingback: Too Epic to Fail | My Rabbit Hole Trips - March 24, 2013

4. Pingback: ♥♥♥♥♥ | rarasaur - April 14, 2013

5. Pingback: The Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness! - Mathematical Mischief - May 12, 2013