*Disclaimer: This is our 1000th post! Yay! Woot!*
Wow. It’s been over 3 months since I’ve done one of these posts. Unbelievable. Sorry, Elyse. I know you like these. I’ll try to do them more often.
Anyhow, as a refresher, my random thought posts are where I peruse the news and then add my commentary and/or reaction to the articles. Soooo…here we go!
- Karl Rove has suggested that Stephen Colbert might need anger management after seeing a bit where Colbert stabbed a likeness of Rove (affectionately referred to as “Ham Rove”) repeatedly during an interview.It seems that Rove’s capacity for idiocy escapes him and that most people react to the moronic things he says that way. Colbert was merely acting out what most Americans would like to do to him. So, I guess we all need anger management.
- Even the normally benign French population will protest gay marriage in a violent manner. Honestly, I still don’t get it. Who cares if they can get married? How does it affect your life in any way? Even if you believe gay marriage is a sin it’s not your place to judge these people. Just let them get married and be done with it. There are bigger things to worry about. Like the impending global economic collapse. Or maybe the decaying environment. Or which star wore it best.
- NBC screwed the pooch (what a disgusting thought) a couple of years ago with the Leno-Conan debacle. Now, rumors are swirling that NBC might be leaning towards letting Jimmy Fallon replace Leno on the Tonight Show.I’ll admit I don’t watch late-night TV, but when I did I couldn’t stand Leno. That being said, I absolutely loathe Jimmy Fallon. If there’s a more unfunny “comedian” on TV I don’t know who it is. Fallon irritates the shit out of me and should not ever be put in front of another camera for the rest of eternity unless he’s getting Punk’d or having a mug shot taken. What an idiot.
- What is it with the Germans? Evidently killing 6 million Jews, among others, in WWII wasn’t enough for the more evil of their country. There apparently exists in Germany an underground organization with racial killing tendencies. Their name? The Nationalist Socialist Underground. Gee, why does that sound familiar? I have never understood racism and never will. Judging a person on the color of their skin is the same as judging a book by its cover. It’s fucking retarded. Fuck these guys, whoever they are.
- Kim Kardashian addresses all the rumors and other negativity spreading throughout society about her body during her pregnancy. In related news, nobody cares.
- Michael Jackson did not invent the Moonwalk. He did, however, invent Jesus Juice, synchronized dance videos, and plastic surgery addiction.*
- Query: You’re about to start rehab for substance abuse so what’s the most logical thing you can do? Go to the club and get wasted, of course. Lindsay Lohan has life figured out, folks. We should all follow her example.
*Not all of these “facts” can be verified.