Customer Service Fails

Customer Service Fails: Working on Halloween

Here’s another one of my Wal-Mart adventures where I’m telling on myself, but I don’t mind because it’s funny.

It was Halloween (if you couldn’t tell from the title of this post), and we were allowed to wear costumes if we wanted. I didn’t want to because I rarely wear costumes on Halloween anyways. It seemed especially wasteful to do so while at work. So there I was, wearing normal clothing, plus a blue vest and a name badge.

I was in the paper goods aisle, stocking all the mess-cleaners and buttwipes (or paper towels and toilet paper, if you want me to get technical). This guy walks up to me and asks me the question that I heard about 10 times a day back then: “Do you work here?”

Really? The stupid vest and name badge don’t answer that question for you already? How about that fact that you see me stocking shelves? Oy vey!

Me, being a smartass (and temporarily forgetting that I was at work) responded with, “No. I have a friend who works here. I’m just borrowing this for Halloween.”

He walked away.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

22 thoughts on “Customer Service Fails: Working on Halloween

1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! That is brilliant :-D

Posted by Alastair | April 6, 2013, 9:03 am
  2. I gotta get me one of them there blue vests for next Halloween and go and stock some shelves — I love this!

Posted by on thehomefrontandbeyond | April 6, 2013, 9:30 am
    • Unfortunately they don’t do the vest thing anymore. I do still have one or two of their uniform shirts, though, so I guess I could put one on, walk around the store, and start to randomly cuss people out. I’m sure their managers would love that situation.

Posted by Revis Edgewater | April 7, 2013, 12:50 pm
  3. Ha ha! Next time the kids all start complaining I’m going to try that!

Posted by stephrogers | April 6, 2013, 9:49 am
  4. Heehee. That was great. The fact that he believed you chose to spend your Halloween as a Walmart employee, stocking buttwipes, is beyond funny.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 6, 2013, 10:14 am
  5. Lol. So something I would do too. Wait… basically have.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | April 6, 2013, 11:34 am
  6. I used to do the same when I worked retail! I hated that question! It instantly sent me into a rage…love this!

Posted by Lady Lovely | April 6, 2013, 7:14 pm
  7. Hey Revis, how exactly do you become a smartass? I’ve been interested in it for years now, but not sure I have the time to study or anything….

Posted by fortyoneteen | April 6, 2013, 10:24 pm
  8. Hahaha!
    I’ve had the opposite happen to me. I was wearing a white shirt. The employees’ uniforms were white shirts. A lady came up to me and asked me if I knew where a certain product was. I told her I didn’t. I didn’t realize she thought I worked there, figured she was a random person asking another random person. She asked for something else, when I said I didn’t know she was all “What’s your name? I’m reporting you to the manager! The customer service here is so bad!”

Posted by MissFourEyes | April 7, 2013, 11:01 am
  9. I have Foureyes’ problem too, but with motorcycle boots, black jeans and a polo shirt. There’s hardly a week that goes by that some random shopper doesn’t approach me. One told me I looked like I knew what I was doing.
    @ fortyoneteen
    I’ll be organising a smartass training seminar soon. Be sure to get your application in on time. :D

Posted by Archon's Den | April 7, 2013, 4:47 pm
  10. The guy absolutely deserved that. Perfect.

Posted by Elyse | April 8, 2013, 9:53 pm
  11. Oh, wonderful! Love it. I never had any problems with customers in store when I worked at Sainsbury’s, it was the management I didn’t like…

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 9, 2013, 10:17 am