I was nominated for an award way, way back on April 7, by my favorite Aussie blogger Steph, of She Said What? fame(don’t let the fact that she’s the only Aussie blogger I know detract from the compliment) and by my favorite jester (don’t let the fact that he’s the only jester blogger I know detract from the compliment) DJ Matticus of The Matticus Kingdom fame on April 6 for some new blog bling.
It’s new, to me anyhow, in a couple of different ways. For starters, it’s one I haven’t received before. For finishers, it’s one I’ve never heard of before. So it was a unique experience all the way around. Hooray for new things!
The award, because I’m sure you all are aquiver with anticipation, is the Most Influential Blogger Award. I had actually purposefully put off accepting this award because right before I was nominated by Steph and DJ I had published a post addressing this very topic and didn’t want to appear like a broken bloggy record. Oh, here is the bling, by the way.
Steph had some very kind words to say about me, and also my other self. Here, specifically, is what she had to say:
It’s no secret, I’ve been a proud member of the Stuph Mafia (Editor’s Note: that’s Maphia™, Steph) for a long time. It’s one of my favourtie blogs, and TD one of my favourite authors. He inspires me all the time. Especially Blunt Life Coach – I love that guy!
So since she seems to love BLC™ more than me (for shame, Steph), I thought I’d go against every survival instinct I have and invite BLC™ here to say a few kind words to Steph for the nomination. And so here, without further ado (ado, or ado not, there is no try [it's becoming increasingly harder to come up with those]), is the artist currently known as Blunt Life Coach™…
Blunt Life Coach™ speaks: Eh? What the hell am I here for? An award? Fuck this shit. Really? Wait, she nominated Twindaddy? That guy’s a hack! A tool. An idiot! I can’t believe people read the shit he writes. Poetry? Hah! What a girl.
So Twindaddy wanted me to say a few words to Steph for the “nomination.” I don’t really give a shit what he wants, but since she did say some kind things regarding me it’s only right that I reciprocate. Well, Steph, I have conflicting things to say. You write that TD is one of your favorite authors. That’s a personality flaw. Fix it. But you go on to say that you love BLC™, and that’s a win. You can’t like us both, however, because I can’t stand him. So just kick him to the curb and follow me and my much sought after advice posts. That’s the only reason to really ever visit this blog.
So thanks, I guess, for saying that you love me, but if you really love me you need to help me figure out how to conquer Twindaddy and kick him out of this body so I can have complete control of it. He keeps doing embarrassingly stupid shit and I want him the hell out of here. If you require me, I’ll be busy trying to figure out how to do that.
Blunt Life Coach™, out.
Well, that was pleasant, as always. Let’s move on with the acceptance and away from this negativity, shall we?
DJ also had some kind things to say as well…
TwinDaddy lets his multiple personalities (and brothers) run wild on his blog. Reading his blog helped me unleash the jester here in the kingdom
Hmmm…more praise for that narcissistic ass whom I share my brain with. Sorry, DJ. I’m not bringing him back a second time. This post would likely get out of hand if I did so, if it hasn’t already.
In all seriousness, though, thank you, Steph and DJ. From the very bottom (is the bottom of everyone’s heart more earnest than the top or the sides?) of my heart. It feels good to know that I’ve had a positive influence on others, no matter the capacity.
Now, for the rules. Yeah, you knew it was coming. There are always rules. You can have the award, BUT ONLY if you do this. Why can’t you just ever give an award freely? Is that too much to ask? Ugh, I digress. Here are the rules:
- Accept the award.
- List 5 things that have influenced you in some way.
- Nominate other bloggers (no specific number) that have influenced you.
- Bling your Blog!
Here are five things that have influenced me in some way…
- My children. They influence me in ways I cannot articulate or even fathom.
- My followers. Your kind words throughout the adversity I’ve faced in the last 6 months has been overwhelmingly positive and completely unexpected. I cherish every one of you for your support and kind words.
- My mistakes. I’ve made a lot of them. I continue to make them. But I learn from them and they change me into the person I am on a daily basis.
- Humor bloggers. I have enjoyed reading so many humor blogs that it made me realize that I’d rather have a blog more geared towards humor and fun than one full of bitching and ranting about current events, which is what my blog used to be. I’ve embraced more of my creativity and humor instead of scouring news sites looking for something to bitch about here.
- My mother. My mother has had a tough life. Obstacle after obstacle keeps presenting itself to her and yet she keeps smiling through it all. She keeps laughing despite being diabetic and having heart disease. She’s enjoying life after a triple bypass surgery and loving every minute with her grandchildren. It’s an amazing sight to behold.
As for my nominations, I’ll let you click here to read about the two bloggers who have influenced me the most. Those two are the only two I would nominate for this award and they’re probably both tired of me kissing their asses. So I’ll just say, again, thank you Le Clown and Cheeky. I know neither one of you accept awards anymore, but that’s fine so long as you know I nominated you anyway.
Have a nice rest of your Monday, Stuph Maphia™.