Life

Rant: Hypocrisy

I debated with myself on whether or not I wanted to post this and the banter between me, myself, and I was quite entertaining.  In the end, though, I concluded that this is MY fucking blog and I’ll post what I want on it.

So, having said that, let me set up the story then I’ll get to my rant.

Yesterday, I published a rather provocative poetic duet that I had co-authored with the talented Miss Hasty.  Not long after I published this post a comment appeared on the post from one Superbitch, whom some of you may remember as my wife.  She’s my estranged wife now, and we’ve been separated pretty much since Valentine’s Day.  By the way, if there’s a more inopportune time to tell someone you don’t want to be married to them other than Valentine’s Day, I’m not sure when that is.

The comment, and I’m paraphrasing here, said something along the lines of, “I will be unfollowing this blog.  Reading this made me sick to my stomach.”  I had many reactions to this comment.  Why are you still following my blog?  Why does it make you sick to your stomach?  How did this post illicit a response when a post I wrote that pretty much said I hate you didn’t?  Why can’t you just leave me alone?

In the end, I decided responding to it was not worth my time and deleted it.

I deleted the comment for a couple of reasons.  I don’t want to get drawn into some frivolous argument with her in a public forum.  I also didn’t want her comment detracting from the post in any way.  It was supposed to be a beautiful, romantic poem that didn’t need her butthurt ruining it.  Most of all, though, I don’t have the will or inclination to fight with her.  I don’t need any negativity in my life any more.  I’m trying to stay as positive as I can and arguing with her is NOT positive in any way, shape, or form.

For reasons only she knows, she decided to come back to that post later and noticed that I’d deleted her comment.  She then decided that she needed to email me about it.  The email, and I’ll paraphrase again because it was mostly bullshit, essentially stated that I shouldn’t post things that I know will hurt her feelings.  I think that was the gist of it, anyhow.  I’m not really quite sure what the point of it was other than to let me know that she was hurt by the mere thought of that poem being true.

Well, first things first.  That poem was a piece of fiction.  Miss Hasty is quite happily married and we’ve never met face to face.  I’ve written many poems with her and will continue to do so because I enjoy doing it.

Secondly, having the audacity to get bent out of shape because of the perceived notion that I have slept with another woman is the very height of hypocrisy.  YOU ended this.  YOU decided our marriage wasn’t worth your time or effort any more.   YOU went on a date the very NIGHT I was moving my things out of the house and had the balls to post the fucking date in your Google calendar, which you had shared with me.  So don’t talk to me about your hurt feelings when you’ve never given a damn about mine.

Furthermore, I cannot fathom how you can tell me you no longer love me and then get sick to your stomach by the thought of me being with someone else.  You’re either lying about your lack of feelings or lying about being sick to your stomach just to lay a huge guilt trip on me.  Either way, it’s not going to work on me.  Me first.  It’s not something I’ve done in a long time and I have no reason to take your feelings into consideration any more.  You made your bed now you must lie in it.  I don’t care if it hurts or not.

Your email suggested that I should be mindful of what I post on my blog.  Well, let me properly respond to you…

This is MY blog.  I will post what I want to here.  I am not slandering you nor forcing you to read it.  I’m not using your name and nobody here on this blog knows who you are.  You therefore have no reason to be concerned about it.  And if I do decide to go and bang some woman and post about it here, it’s no longer your concern.  You don’t get to control me any longer.  You no longer have any say in anything I do unless it’s regarding Baby C.  Baby C is the only thing we have left to discuss and I will politely and civilly discuss those things with you.  But you do not get to tell me how to live my life or what I can or cannot write on MY blog.  This is MY place.  This is where I vent.  This is where I go to release my demons.

So unfollow.  Please.  I do not want you reading my stuph.  You decided you didn’t want to be a part of my life anymore.  Well, this blog is a huge part of my life, so just walk away from it.  It seems to be what you’re best at, anyway.

99 thoughts on “Rant: Hypocrisy

1. What a crazybitch. I am sorry she had to try to bring an argument (which shouldn’t even be one) here. If she doesn’t unfollow, then I hope there is an option to block.

Posted by sortaginger | April 17, 2013, 10:28 am
  2. Bravo. xx

Posted by merbear74 | April 17, 2013, 10:32 am
  3. Good for you, TwinDaddy. There is no sense in going along for the ride when somebody tries to take you on a guilt trip. Nope. Don’t go there!

Posted by Elyse | April 17, 2013, 10:32 am
  4. Good for you. It’s unbelievable the hypocrisy some people are capable of, isn’t it? It is your blog and you should be able to write what you want. It would be different if you used real names, but since you haven’t, no harm no foul. She seems to want to have her cake and eat it too. She gets to move on, but you should stay miserable. Hell with that.

I think it was a good idea to delete the comment rather than engage, though I know how tempting that is. A troll is one thing, but someone you used to care about? That’s a different story. Stay strong, my friend. Now I’ve got to go read this poem I missed cause she just made me very interested in it. Hugs.

(That’s right, lady, I gave him a metaphorical hug! Suck on that!)

Posted by aliceatwonderland | April 17, 2013, 10:36 am
  5. Well said….ALL of it!! And good for you for staying positive…..she can dwell alone in her negativity.

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | April 17, 2013, 10:36 am
  6. HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Crazy ex wives. Wow. Never failed to be amazed at how women can turn into beasts, just like that. We can make NO sense at all. I gaurantee, she is qustioning WHY she did what she did and regrets it, a bit. See, you’re STILL her husband. She is using that as leverage to hurt you and make you feelguilty for this innocent blog thing.

Posted by Shackled and Crowned | April 17, 2013, 10:40 am
  7. People are so odd – that’s about all that can be said. It’s your blog – use it as you will…

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | April 17, 2013, 10:45 am
  8. All I have is GO TWINDADDY!

Posted by MissFourEyes | April 17, 2013, 10:48 am
  9. Fuck. That. Bitch. (They say brevity is the soul of wit) :)

Posted by Fearless Leader | April 17, 2013, 10:49 am
  10. Wow and I thought you had clearly stated that it was a poem of fiction and that it was just a poem co-written with someone you would never meet. Hmmm for a second there I was wondering if I was due to get a new eye exam. Perhaps someone else is ready for her eye exam. Or reading lessons. Write on…

Posted by TammyeHoney | April 17, 2013, 10:53 am
  11. While I can’t post my response here specifically, you have to click this link to see my response. Well played, good sir.
    EDIT: Here is the image…

Posted by Nagzilla | April 17, 2013, 11:05 am
  12. Yeah! What you said, I concur, like a fucking doctor!

I wonder if she feels any fucking remorse over hurting YOUR feelings??

Posted by GingerSnaap | April 17, 2013, 11:09 am
  13. Do your best to rise above, Twindaddy.
    You need to establish and maintain a decent relationship with your ex for your kids sake.
    That having been said, don’t take shit from anyone!

Posted by The Hook | April 17, 2013, 11:53 am
  14. ‘Like’ is not a strong enough response for this piece. I want to say something more like Hoo-freaking-ray! You rock! Hold your head high. You deserve so much better. This craziness has to stop.

Posted by stephrogers | April 17, 2013, 11:59 am
  15. Love this. What a well stated rant. Air hugs is the best I can do.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 17, 2013, 12:02 pm
  16. You mean the poem wasn’t real? j/k

1) Your wife still has feelings for you…how can she not? You were married and you had kids so they are there good or bad. Yes, maybe she wants you to feel guilty and maybe she doesn’t even realize it. When you are emotional there is no logic and it just comes out for better or worse. I don’t know the details but maybe she hoped you would fight for her???

2) It is your blog and you can write what you want…I am really sorry if it caused you or her grief.

3) Some of my stuff hurts my husbands feelings but he sees it is honest. I won’t lie I hate jealousy but I myself have been jealous and it sucks.

4) My husband loved our poem. He knows me and trusts me so…

5) Poems may just be fiction but if you are not careful you find yourself writing love letters…no bueno if married.

6) I hope I am not going to be stalked and killed now. :)

7) I think the poem turned out amazing!

Posted by hastywords | April 17, 2013, 12:04 pm
    • 1) I’m tired of fighting for her. I fought and fought hard only to see next to no effort from her. So now I’m fighting for me. She did help me realize that I wasn’t a person I wanted to be so I’m focusing on that right now and will continue on my journey of self improvement without her.
      2) Don’t be sorry. This should never have happened. She has no reason to be reading my words.
      3) Honest feelings will occasionally hurt someone’s feelings. I know this and it sucks, but at least he’s able to keep it in perspective.
      4) I’m glad he liked it. I was a little apprehensive about what he’d think but I figured you wouldn’t have posted it or written it with me if you thought he’d have a problem with it.
      5) I can’t picture myself doing something so foolish while married, not that I’ll ever get married again…
      6) No, she’s not that type of person. My first wife, however…might have.
      7) I do, toooooooooo!!

Posted by twindaddy | April 17, 2013, 12:16 pm
  17. Wow that is right out. She left you and she is playing the victim? If she felt it is necessary, then she needs to accept that you will deal with it as you need to and she needs to shut her pie hole. ((hugs))

Posted by rebecca2000 | April 17, 2013, 1:12 pm
  18. Yikes that sucks, glad you got to rant your Stuph on your blog. :D

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | April 17, 2013, 1:34 pm
  19. Nice.
    So I’ve never met her, don’t know what she is like, or how her mind works, but I’ve met ones that react the same. Ie. JERK.
    They dictate how you feel and as soon as you deviate and try to move one, they sneak back and try telling you how you should be again. You are no longer making them the center if your world, so they’re trying to make it so (number 1… I had to say it, it was calling me) again.
    Everytime I kick JERK out, he tries to find a way in. So screw her. She’s a bastage and it’s her fault. She needs to stop being selfish. After all, Ill take her… I need a reason to let out anger anyways.

Again… This is my opinion.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | April 17, 2013, 1:58 pm
  20. I will say, in her defense, that sometimes people say or do nasty things out of anger or hurt. Even when you initiate a breakup, you may still love the person. Sometimes you feel that they didn’t give you a choice. (Note: I don’t know that this is the situation, just speculating)

This post tells me that you and her are actually of the SAME mind on this whole situation. It’s sour grapes all the way around.

I agree that this is your forum to speak your mind, and you should be able to say as you please. I hope that for everyone’s sanity you’re all able to move on as quickly as the situation allows.

Posted by Jen and Tonic | April 17, 2013, 2:41 pm
    • I don’t know if we are or not. I cannot speak for her. All I can say is…it was a fucking poem. And yes, I’m done, but probably for different reasons than she is. Either way, she does not get to tell me what I can or can’t do or to tippie-toe around because of her hurt feelings. These are things she should have thought through before she decided she was done.

Posted by twindaddy | April 17, 2013, 2:57 pm
  21. Yeah! Give ‘em hell, TD!

Posted by goldfish | April 17, 2013, 2:53 pm
  22. :( Sorry it isn’t going well.

Posted by southerndreamer | April 17, 2013, 3:03 pm
  23. Boom. I enjoyed this…for what it was. Good job for standing up for yourself. The only thing that we can control is ourselves, and you seem to be doing a good job at that. Bravo.

Posted by Brother Jon | April 17, 2013, 9:27 pm
  24. I’d like to comment, but this comment I prefer to make over e-mail. Can you reply with your e-mail, or leave a comment on my blog somewhere (that way, I get a notification with your e-mail while your e-mail address won’t show anywhere)?

Posted by List of X | April 18, 2013, 1:06 am
  25. *Standing Ovation* Well done man. I know far too little of the situation to make any grand judgment, but from that comment alone it sounds like this person is just a teensy bit manipulative, and it sound from your response that you’ve had enough and will no longer be putting up with crap like that!

Well done man, keep going, stay strong and use that beautiful block button wherever you need to :)

Take care, all the best!

Rohan.

Posted by Rohan 7 Things | April 18, 2013, 9:36 am
  26. Awe. Some.
    And ’nuff said.

Good show, old man (said in my best girlie imitation of Gomez Addams…)!

Posted by AR Neal | April 18, 2013, 11:27 am
  27. I have to say, I’m on her side on this one. I stand behind her. I’m on my hands and knees behind her. NOW, TWINDADDY! PUSH HER OVER!

Easy as tipping a cow.

SURE she wants you to be miserable for X amount of time, and all your posts to be about loneliness and longing and melancholy and sadness, but souls are pretty bouncy, right?

Posted by Edward Hotspur | April 20, 2013, 4:16 pm
  28. Well played, TD. I completely understand your situation.

Posted by BrainRants | April 22, 2013, 9:35 am
  29. What is it with crazy exes? I really don’t get some women. I don’t care what my ex-boyfriends get up to, providing that they leave me well alone and don’t expect me to get back with them!

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 22, 2013, 1:43 pm
    • I would settle for that in a heartbeat.

Posted by twindaddy | April 22, 2013, 2:39 pm
      • I wish they gave classes in school about how to deal with the end of a relationship, and how to behave when your ex gets together with someone else, and how to behave towards your ex when you get together with someone else, and how to cope if the ex gets together with a mutual friend. It would make life a lot easier.

Of course, it doesn’t help that on most telly programmes, you get a love interest character come in for a few episodes, and then they just sail off into the sunset when the relationship ends and are never seen again. TV has a lot to answer for at times.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 23, 2013, 4:25 am