Daily Prompt

All in all you’re just another pic on the wall

Oh, Daily Prompt.  I have missed thee.  I have had so many other things to write that I’ve ignored thee.  Well, that and some of the prompts lately have been  uninspiring.  To me, anyhow.  For shame, DP.  For shame.

But here we are.  Together again.  It’s like we’ve never been apart.  We’ve fallen back into each other like milk into a bowl of cereal.  Like syrup on a fluffy pancake.  Like A1 on a juicy steak.  Yes, we go together, DP.  You complete me.  And my blog. And stuph™.

Today you want to know about my walls.  What I put on them, specifically.  You’re always so nosy, curious, and pushy.  I LIKE IT!  So, without further ado (ado wa ditty ditty dum ditty ado [bonus points if you know what song that is])…PROMPT ME!

What do you display on the walls of your home — photos, posters, artwork, nothing? How do you choose what to display? What mood are you trying to create?

My, my.  Look at all those intriguing questions.

Well, DP, I choose photos.  Lots and lots of photos.  I have photos of friends, family, and, mostly, my children.  I am aiming for no particular mood in my home decor.  I aim merely to surround myself with pleasant memories.

How do I choose what to display?  Easy.  I choose pictures I like.  The good pictures.  Pictures of a particularly happy memory or pictures of a beautiful smile.  Pictures that I can look at countless times and yet still smile.

My walls have more pictures than this. And I don’t care. (photo courtesy of chestofbooks.com)

I love pictures.  I love looking at them.  I love the memories they invoke.  I love being able to show them off when I have guests.  I look at the pictures of my adorable children and smile.  Sometimes, even though I’ve seen all of these pictures umpteen million times, I still stop and study them.  I look at older pictures of my children and wonder where the time went.  I look at older pictures of myself and marvel at how much alike the twins and I look at the same age.

I also have a wall dedicated to Star Wars art, since I am somewhat of a Star Wars nerd.  So all of my artwork (no, I didn’t draw it though I wish I could draw that well) resides on the wall above my two bookcases full of Star Wars books and collectibles.  I have framed Star Wars puzzles.  Autographed art work from a well-known comic book artist.  I have video game posters.  I have two shelves with Star Wars memorabilia on them (which I need to dust – anyone got a swiffer I can borrow?).  Why?  Because Star Wars.  Duh.

So there you are, DP.  Another glimpse into the madness that is me.  Martha Stewart would have a heart attack if she saw my walls.  Care to invite her over for a look-see?  Ha ha.  Just joking.  No I’m not.

Query:  What graces your walls, dearest maphia™?

Check out these other Unshitty™ Daily Prompt posts

1. Sad Things (# 1) Where is the Cat? | The Happy Hermit
  2. Wall to Wall, or Alternatively, One of the Reasons Living in a Garage Sucks | Storm In A B-Cup
  3. black sheep wall | Bubonicboon
  16. Daily Prompt: Wake Up To Inspiration | Essence of Del
  17. Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | House of Mirrors | Running After Ale
  18. All in all you’re just another pic on the wall | Stuphblog
  19. Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
  20. Framed | Hope* the happy hugger

46 thoughts on “All in all you’re just another pic on the wall

1. Your daily prompts should be Fresh;y Pressed, buddy!

Posted by The Hook | April 26, 2013, 11:59 am
  2. If Martha comes to your house, I wanna be there!!

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | April 26, 2013, 12:34 pm
  3. I have a Beatles wall that I finally finished a couple months ago. It makes me happy.

Posted by merbear74 | April 26, 2013, 1:47 pm
  4. I can’t seem to get anything to hang on my walls because the padding keeps making the nails pop out.

Posted by BrainRants | April 26, 2013, 2:05 pm
  5. I like when you do these. On my walls I have pictures of London and other places I’ve been. :)

Posted by La La | April 26, 2013, 2:49 pm
  6. A delightful read, I wish I could come over and see your walls in person and I will bring Martha of course.

Posted by Lily Mugford | April 26, 2013, 5:35 pm
  7. Photos, photos, everywhere… the living room has three poster sized photos in frames that my wife and I have taken on various adventures (camping and snowboarding). Our bedroom has a collage of photos from our wedding. The hallway has random photos from other trips we’ve taken. A friend of my mine who is a semi-professional photographer gave me two photos he took and those are hung over the fireplace… I’m not sure what mood we are trying to create – that’s a question for the wife, I just like them. :-P

I’m hoping to be back to responding to the daily prompts next week. Wish me luck! ;-)

Posted by djmatticus | April 26, 2013, 6:40 pm
  8. There she was just a walkin down the street, singing…

Posted by sanityandcigarettes | April 26, 2013, 8:59 pm
  9. Just a walkin down the street singin…
    I love photos. I have way too many. I also have my kids beautiful art, mostly acrylic on canvas, on display.

Posted by stephrogers | April 27, 2013, 8:58 am
  10. Sadly my walls are fairly blank. I keep seeing different murals for them, and cannot decide on one. So they stay pretty blank most of the time.

Posted by Not Quite Alice | April 27, 2013, 4:40 pm
  11. I heart Pink Floyd

Posted by hastywords | April 29, 2013, 10:32 am
  12. Paint. That’s what’s on the walls at the Priory. As I don’t have any walls of my own, I don’t have anything to put on walls!

I think your walls are cool.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | May 1, 2013, 9:36 am

1. Pingback: Another Thing On The Wall, Part II – Daily Prompt | Edward Hotspur - April 26, 2013

My Cause