Oh, Daily Prompt. I have missed thee. I have had so many other things to write that I’ve ignored thee. Well, that and some of the prompts lately have been uninspiring. To me, anyhow. For shame, DP. For shame.
But here we are. Together again. It’s like we’ve never been apart. We’ve fallen back into each other like milk into a bowl of cereal. Like syrup on a fluffy pancake. Like A1 on a juicy steak. Yes, we go together, DP. You complete me. And my blog. And stuph™.
Today you want to know about my walls. What I put on them, specifically. You’re always so nosy, curious, and pushy. I LIKE IT! So, without further ado (ado wa ditty ditty dum ditty ado [bonus points if you know what song that is])…PROMPT ME!
My, my. Look at all those intriguing questions.
Well, DP, I choose photos. Lots and lots of photos. I have photos of friends, family, and, mostly, my children. I am aiming for no particular mood in my home decor. I aim merely to surround myself with pleasant memories.
How do I choose what to display? Easy. I choose pictures I like. The good pictures. Pictures of a particularly happy memory or pictures of a beautiful smile. Pictures that I can look at countless times and yet still smile.
I love pictures. I love looking at them. I love the memories they invoke. I love being able to show them off when I have guests. I look at the pictures of my adorable children and smile. Sometimes, even though I’ve seen all of these pictures umpteen million times, I still stop and study them. I look at older pictures of my children and wonder where the time went. I look at older pictures of myself and marvel at how much alike the twins and I look at the same age.
I also have a wall dedicated to Star Wars art, since I am somewhat of a Star Wars nerd. So all of my artwork (no, I didn’t draw it though I wish I could draw that well) resides on the wall above my two bookcases full of Star Wars books and collectibles. I have framed Star Wars puzzles. Autographed art work from a well-known comic book artist. I have video game posters. I have two shelves with Star Wars memorabilia on them (which I need to dust – anyone got a swiffer I can borrow?). Why? Because Star Wars. Duh.
So there you are, DP. Another glimpse into the madness that is me. Martha Stewart would have a heart attack if she saw my walls. Care to invite her over for a look-see? Ha ha. Just joking.
No I’m not.
Query: What graces your walls, dearest maphia™?
Check out these other Unshitty™ Daily Prompt posts
- Sad Things (# 1) Where is the Cat? | The Happy Hermit
- Wall to Wall, or Alternatively, One of the Reasons Living in a Garage Sucks | Storm In A B-Cup
- black sheep wall | Bubonicboon
- Daily prompt: wall to wall | Taking time, making time
- Wall To Wall | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Walls the Second Time Around | My Daily Prompt Blog
- The Wall Of Silence. | The Jittery Goat
- From my wall to yours | New Visions
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | HpWpBp
- What’s on the Wall | Tommia’s Tablet
- 138. Painting Gallery | Sofie’s Diary
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | On My Front Porch
- 1 in 2! | ayimas
- Somewhere to hang | Serena Stillwater
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | JUkk
- Daily Prompt: Wake Up To Inspiration | Essence of Del
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | House of Mirrors | Running After Ale
- All in all you’re just another pic on the wall | Stuphblog
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Framed | Hope* the happy hugger