Life

A Long Weekend

This weekend, the wife and I will be taking a trip to commemorate our anniversary. True, our anniversary isn’t until the 27th, but since my mom’s birthday is the following weekend, we decided to go this weekend. We’re not going very far away. It’s just a little bed and breakfast about an hour from where we live, but it’s far enough away for us. It will be our first time away since Baby E was born. Mrs. Revis is a little nervous about leaving Baby E behind. While I will miss our baby girl, I know she’ll be safe with my mother.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had any time to ourselves. Obviously, we knew this would be the case when we found out we were having a baby. It’s just one of those things that you don’t expect when you find out you’re expecting. You expect that you’ll have less time to yourselves, you just don’t know how much less until the baby actually gets here. We still try to do as much stuph together as possible, but between work and Baby E, it’s not as much as we’d like.

That’s why I’m so excited for this weekend. It’s nothing but two days of nothing but me and my wife. I can’t wait.

Sorry, fellow bloggers, but I won’t be able to read your blogs or reply to your comments for two days, starting tomorrow. It will be well worth the time away from the computer, though.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

14 thoughts on “A Long Weekend

1. Please don’t read comments while you’re on your grownups-only weekend. Enjoy!

Posted by BrainRants | June 20, 2013, 2:14 pm
  2. First time away? Good luck and do your best not to worry too much.

Posted by The Cutter | June 20, 2013, 2:18 pm
  3. Yay! Happy Anniversary, early. Relax and enjoy your time together, my dear Revis.

Posted by 1jaded1 | June 20, 2013, 2:20 pm
  4. Have a blast!!!!!

Posted by Elyse | June 20, 2013, 2:25 pm
  5. Happy (pre)anniversary, and hope you enjoy the hell out of your time together.

Posted by El Guapo | June 20, 2013, 2:40 pm
  6. Enjoy!! The last time I had time away from the kids was 7 years ago. Mr Vag and I have been together 6 years never had kid free time!! I’m living vicariously!!

Posted by hansolosvagina | June 20, 2013, 3:19 pm
  7. Have a great time!

Posted by Life With The Top Down | June 20, 2013, 5:29 pm
  8. Have fun!! :-D

Posted by djmatticus | June 20, 2013, 6:24 pm
  9. Have a blast! My husband and I have not been away since our honeymoon… TEN years ago. We are so long overdue! Hope you have a wonderful weekend- enjoy each other!

Posted by Sarah K Russell | June 20, 2013, 9:18 pm
  10. I would hope you wouldn’t be blogging on your baby free weekend away! Happy Anniversary, and have a wonderful time!

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | June 20, 2013, 11:27 pm
  11. Happy Anniversary and enjoy the weekend!

Posted by aFrankAngle | June 20, 2013, 11:45 pm
  12. Looks like we’ll both be binding with our mates this weekend. Have fun!

Posted by The Hook | June 21, 2013, 1:04 pm
  13. Happy anniversary. Hope the weekend is lovely for you both!

Posted by faithhopechocolate | June 23, 2013, 10:44 am
  14. Yay! Happy early anniversary and belated anniversary commemoration weekend! :D

Posted by rarasaur | June 24, 2013, 1:57 am