Life

Anything in the World

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to wish me a happy birthday on Tuesday. I started to thank each of you individually, but I stopped when I realized how long that would take. As much as I would like to, I just don’t have the time to do it. So, thank you all. Your well wishes truly mean a lot to me.

Secondly, I’d like to thank my brother for his post. Anything that I’ve ever done for you is no less than what you would do for me. You’re more of an inspiration to me than you realize.

A guy at work asked me, “If you could have anything you want for your birthday. anything in the world, what would it be?”

The obvious answer is money. I’d want enough money that I, nor anyone else in my family, would never have to work again. I would love to never have to get up and go to work ever again. If all of my time could be spent with my family, life would be perfect.

He called foul on my obvious answer, and I can’t blame him. I probably would have, too. So, he changed the question to where I couldn’t pick money. Besides money, what would I want? I thought about this for a few minutes. Something in the back of my mind jumped out at me. It’s something that my brother has said on this blog on more than one occasion.

He said that he’s seen so many people on here that have sad stories:  They’ve been abused (physically, verbally, and sexually), or have chronic medical/mental conditions, or have been raped. These people continue to go on, however. They don’t let these bad things that have happened to them keep them from living. Once I remembered that, picking what I wanted more than anything in the world became easy…..

I’d want the ability to be able to make those people smile.
My brother is one of those people. He has been going through a rough time lately, and it kills me that there’s nothing that I can do for him. Because he’s my brother, however, I’m still able to say or do things that can put a smile on his face, most of the time. Everyone else out there, however, I’m not sure. I want to be able to do something for all of you, as well.
That’s why I try to tell you all of the funny things that happen to me. It’s why I write my stories for you. It’s why I make sarcastic snips and jokes in the comments. All I’m really trying to do is make you all smile. Even if only for a second or two, that is my goal. Maybe I’m successful, and maybe I’m not, but that has been, and will continue to be, my goal…. to make you smile.

In the grand scheme of things, it may not seem like much, but, for me, it’s more than enough.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

28 thoughts on “Anything in the World

1. This post made me smile. :)

Posted by CombatBabe | July 18, 2013, 7:40 pm
  2. Happy belated birthday! Wishing you to have the ability to make anyone smile and the time to do that. Also, plenty of money, because apparently, you are not allowed wish for it yourself. :)

Posted by List of X | July 18, 2013, 8:30 pm
  3. You not only make me smile, dear Revis, you make me laugh.

Posted by 1jaded1 | July 18, 2013, 9:26 pm
  4. You just made me smile, not only smile but almost cry. Thank you. Happy belated Birthday.

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | July 18, 2013, 9:32 pm
  5. http://youtu.be/TA29wYzKPaQ Hope you celebrate every day for a year!

Posted by TammyeHoney | July 19, 2013, 3:30 am
  6. This is just packed with awesome.

Posted by BrainRants | July 19, 2013, 9:06 am
  7. I do apologise. I didn’t get the chance to get to your blog on Tuesday. Happy belated birthday

Posted by Alastair | July 19, 2013, 12:19 pm
  8. I can’t remember if I wished you a happy birthday, so happy birthday, either again or fir the first time.

Posted by goldfish | July 19, 2013, 12:53 pm
  9. I was gonna get you a smile for your birthday, but I couldn’t figure out how to send it…

Posted by pouringmyartout | July 19, 2013, 1:23 pm
  10. Nice to see a family that gets along so well.
    I don’t get on nearly as well with my sisters.

Posted by El Guapo | July 19, 2013, 11:54 pm
  11. Actually making people smile and laugh is really vital. So thanks for all the times you’ve done it for me.

Posted by Elyse | July 20, 2013, 11:57 am
  12. Revis,
    You have the ability to make ANYONE smile.

Posted by The Hook | July 20, 2013, 3:23 pm
  13. I’m reminded of a story I read online somewhere where a girl was telling about how her boyfriend would always smile and wave at everyone and constantly acknowledge the people around him with a “hello” or a smile, and when she asked him about it, he said it was because most people who attempt suicide (and are found in time to save their lives) said that if just one person had acknowledged them, they wouldn’t have done it, and he was wanting to prevent people hitting that level of dispair. (It may even have been on a StuphBlog™ post)

Revis, with your humour and your stories, you’re doing just that. I do smile when I read your posts, and I’m glad to know you.

I hope you had a fantastic birthday.

Faith