Life

Kick Your Butt

I’m pretty sure I remember my brother writing in a post about Baby C’s tendency to say “ok” to everything. I just don’t remember which post it was. Anyways, Baby C will say “ok” to anything that you ask him, basically. “Do you want to go outside?” “Ok.” “Do you want some cereal? “Ok.”

He also has a game he likes to play with me. He’ll say, “Baby C’s turn,” which means that I’m supposed to chase him. Eventually, I’ll catch him, pick him up, and tickle him while saying, “Ha-ha. Uncle Revis got you!”. As soon as he’s done laughing, if my daughter is with us, he’s say, “Baby E’s turn”. I will then have to repeat the process with her. The only difference is that I obviously say “Daddy” when I catch her, instead of “Uncle Revis”. After this is accomplished, he’ll say “Baby C’s turn,” again. This will repeat until my back can no longer handle doing it.

Saturday night, Mrs. Revis and I stopped over at my brother’s house while out walking with Baby E. Baby C asked to play our little game, and I obliged him for a few minutes. After I stopped, him and his cousin ran around the room for a little while. A few minutes later, Baby C bent down and put his head on the ground, as if to attempt a somersault. I happened to be walking by at the time, so I gently nudged him with my foot. “Ha-ha,” I said. “Uncle Revis kicked your butt.”

He apparently thought this was a continuation of our game, because he then said, “Baby E’s turn.”

I responded with, “It’s Baby E’s turn to kick your butt?”

“Ok.”

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

22 thoughts on “Kick Your Butt

1. Who needs yoga or cardio machines when you have little kids? :-)

Posted by sortaginger | August 5, 2013, 8:05 pm
  2. So cute! Hahaha.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | August 5, 2013, 8:12 pm
  3. :)

Posted by Elyse | August 5, 2013, 8:23 pm
  4. Only too soon will those “OK”s turn into “No”s. When that happens it’s on like Donkey Kong. Unlike the OK phase, kids REALLY get the meaning of “No”. Best of luck!

Posted by cestlamortcestlavie | August 5, 2013, 8:26 pm
  5. Little kids love the rough and tumble. It’s great hearing the squeal of the laughter. Is there a better sound?

Posted by memyselfandkids.com | August 5, 2013, 9:17 pm
  6. Wait til they get to the “why?” stage.

Posted by 1jaded1 | August 5, 2013, 9:18 pm
  7. Ahaha so did more butt kicking ensue?

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | August 5, 2013, 9:24 pm
  8. You know I think you’re a bit off. But I’m okay with that.

Posted by Trent Lewin | August 5, 2013, 9:42 pm
  9. Sweet post.

Posted by whiteladyinthehood | August 6, 2013, 7:19 pm
  10. Silly! Fantastic! I wish we had family like that closer for the little prince to grow up with. :-/

Posted by djmatticus | August 7, 2013, 6:15 pm
  11. Cute!

Posted by The Hook | August 7, 2013, 9:37 pm
  12. Little kids are just too cute. It’s even better when they’re someone else’s and you can give them back/go home and leave them with their parents!

Posted by faithhopechocolate | August 14, 2013, 3:23 pm