Hero of the Moment

Hero of the Moment: Scott Entsminger

I was actually going to do this post right after it happened, but it was only a day or two after my other Hero of the Moment post, so I decided to wait on it. Then, I kind of forgot about it. Now, it’s a month later and I finally remembered. Don’t you hate it when that happens?

Scott Entsminger was a man who lived in Mansfield, OH. He passed away on July 4. As far as who he was as a person, or what he did with his life, I only know two things: he was a Cleveland Browns fan and he was married. He’s not my Hero of the Moment for what he did during his life, anyways. He’s my Hero of the Moment for something that he did after he passed away.

What he did was write his own obituary….or part of it, at least. According to the article on nfl.com, it said this:

“A lifelong Cleveland Browns fan and season ticket holder, he also wrote a song each year and sent it to the Cleveland Browns as well as offering other advice on how to run the team. He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time.”

Way to go, Scott. That’s……. fuckin hilarious.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

15 thoughts on “Hero of the Moment: Scott Entsminger

1. Some guys follow their teams all their lives, while others go above and beyond. Hilarious story!

Posted by Elyse | August 11, 2013, 8:38 am
  2. Death is inevitable, might as well leave a last impression that will make others smile.

Posted by NotAPunkRocker | August 11, 2013, 8:49 am
  3. I need to write my own now. I might turn it into a novel.

Posted by pouringmyartout | August 11, 2013, 11:18 am
  4. That is classic.

Posted by 1jaded1 | August 11, 2013, 11:24 am
  5. Please tell me they had enough of a sense of humor to actually be his pallbearers..

Posted by El Guapo | August 11, 2013, 4:28 pm
  6. That’s brilliant! I hope he got what he asked for!

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | August 11, 2013, 4:58 pm
  7. That is brilliantly funny, as well as incredibly clever.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | August 14, 2013, 12:03 pm