Well, I’m bored at work and today’s Daily Prompt is not too awful, so I’m writing a post about it. Sorry.
Well, this is an intriguing question. And by that, I mean it would probably be fun to discuss while drunkies. I’m not drunkies right now, sadly, but I do have a slight coffee buzz going so that will have to suffice.
I’ll address the sense I would give up, first – taste. But, TD! How would you taste all of the incredible food out there without taste? What about yummy bacon and delicious peanut butter? What about stuphed-crust pizza and spicy buffalo chicken? These are all valid questions, dear reader, and my answer to them is simple. I HAVE A HUGE EFFIN’ GUT! It’s my love of these foods that made me as big as I am. Stupid yummy food…
Without taste buds I’d actually be able to eat healthy food (it all tastes like canine feces) and perhaps lose some of this weight. I know what you’re all thinking. You think I can just stop eating these yummy foods and eat healthy because it’s a choice.
You’re forgetting, dear reader, that I have no will power. So pizza and bacon it is. Sigh…
Now for me to choose the sense I’d like to supplement. Super sense! It has an S on its chest! It obviously won’t be taste, since I just rid myself of that sinful sense.
It won’t be touch, that’s for sure. There are already certain times where certain touches give me a sensory overload. I’ll leave the specifics to your imagination. Perverts.
It certainly won’t be smell. Sure there are some pleasant aromas out there but there are also some equally unpleasant odors. Like the dude I work with who thinks deodorant is optional. Gross. We smell you, dude. Body odor is no laughing matter.
I thought about choosing hearing since I have a slight hearing loss due to an abundance of ear infections as a child, but then I remembered all the crap Daredevil has to go through to drown out every single noise just so he can sleep. Besides, my younger brother is 50% deaf and while that has been a hindrance to him I do envy him the ability to just take his hearing aids out whenever he doesn’t want to hear something. Or someone.
That leaves sight. I have no specific reason to want super-sensitive sight, but why the hell not? By process of elimination this is what I’m left with. Besides, I am currently the only member of my immediate family who doesn’t have a prescription for glasses and I’d like to keep it that way. Who knows? Maybe super-sensitive sight includes the ability to zoom in or see through things, à la Superman. I’ll be able to identify you ladies who aren’t wearing matching bras and panties because you thought no one would notice. Oops. Those socks don’t match, either. Shame. Maybe if you did your laundry in a timely manner…said the hypocrite.
It’s your turn, dearest reader. What sense would you eschew to supplement another with super powers?
Check out these other great Daily Prompt posts!!
- Leaf on the spider web | Bright Moments Catcher
- Spoiling for a flight | Musings from a practical mystic
- Agritourism in Russia. Volokonovsky District, Belgorod Oblast | Bright Moments Catcher
- Super Sensitive | Geek Ergo Sum
- Moth (Daily Prompt: Sensitive) | photo potpourri
- Losing Colours | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive « Mama Bear Musings
- Tie-dyed with blood and nerves | alienorajt
- Sense and Sensitivity. | Crossroads
- Unstable senses |
- Super Sensitivity | ??Journey or destination??
- Sensitivity | Mareship
- Upon Learning That I Was Draco Malfoy | Conversations
- Tommy’s Deal With The Devil; Kind Of Funny When You Think About It (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | flow of my soul
- Daily Prompt: Sensitive | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | My Atheist Blog
- Five Minus One is Six | In Harmony
- Six of one and half dozen of the other « RPMAS
- If I Should Lose My Senses | ~xoxo, msL
- First | Not Enough Poetry
- Sensitive Me… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Notes to Honor Good
- Hearing for Sight | Writing Daily
- Sight Yes, Smell No. Thank You Allergy / Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Communication For Development
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Sense the Sensitivity
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Photos and writings
- Sensible | Tony’s Texts
- Super Sense | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive — See like a hawk | SERENDIPITY
- Super Senses, Book and Baby Love and Me | Reinvention of Mama
- What’s that Smell? | Pink Bubbly
- A Matter of Taste | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Jasper Smits
- Sensitive to Beauty | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Non and the Common | Eikons
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Sense and Sensibility | Incognito
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Steve Says….
- Ciao To The Five Senses | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | not the nest
- Daily Prompt: Super Sensitive | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- My Precious Nose | Flowers and Breezes
- Over my dead body | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Super sensitive : Hands | rosekebab
- Sensitivity; a Super Power…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #11 | Neva Samaki
- Daily Prompt Challenge – Sensitive | soletusknow