Poetry

Over and Out

Ears ambushed by words
carving straight into my brain
try to sort this out.

Eyes narrow with doubt
to my face you’ve lied before
and I did find out.

Nose inhales a breath
anger swells from deep inside
count as I breathe out.

Mouth clamps shut with force
voice struggles to make escape
will not let it out.

Stare into your eyes
deception you can’t disguise
truth always comes out.

Explanation ends
pained I walk away from us
this will not work out.

1J1

About 1jaded1

Jaded in Detroit

22 thoughts on “Over and Out

1. I’m sorry

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | October 13, 2013, 11:58 am
  2. A perfect literary expression of the physical pain inspired by love gone wrong.
    My heart goes out to you, my friend, but at the same time, I am in awe of your talent.

Posted by The Hook | October 13, 2013, 1:39 pm
  3. That was a punch in the gut… vey powerful…

Posted by pouringmyartout | October 13, 2013, 1:42 pm
  4. It takes a lot of pain and heartache to realize some guys just aren’t worth it. (I’m sorry you are hurting, Jaded)

Posted by whiteladyinthehood | October 13, 2013, 4:32 pm
  5. You know how I feel about your writing…I’m sorry it’s another sad one x

Posted by The Indecisive Eejit | October 13, 2013, 6:06 pm
  6. Aww Jaded..x
    I am sorry…
    I know love exists and it will find you…

Shaun x

Posted by prayingforoneday | October 13, 2013, 10:32 pm
  7. Thanks. I was actually remembering something that happened with my ex, on his birthday, many years back. He lied to me about the same thing twice in four days. I was ready to leave, but the charmer in him reeled me back.

Posted by 1jaded1 | October 14, 2013, 9:43 pm
  8. Very powerful writing, as always. You can tell how well you bring us into the story by how many comments you get of people thinking this had just happened rather than a memory of something that happened long ago.
    I’m glad the cause is now out of your life, and I firmly believe that not looking for love is the best way to find it. So, happy not looking. ;-)

Posted by djmatticus | October 15, 2013, 11:45 am