Youtube Tuesday

Song Story: Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You

Song stories. Everybody has them. They are memories that are evoked every time you hear a particular song. Sometimes, it’s something big (like the first dance at your wedding). Other times, it’s something mundane (such as something that happened once while you were just hanging out at home). It doesn’t matter how many times you hear the song after it happens, you still think of it every time you hear the song.

I’ve decided that every once in a while, instead of putting up my weekly soundtrack, I’ll share one of my song stories instead. This one is one of the mundane variety. I had it in one of my soundtracks a few weeks ago. It’s one of the songs that gave me the idea to do this kind of post.

Me and Twindaddy were sitting on my couch. Mrs. Revis was sitting at the computer desk, playing with her phone. Eventually, she became frustrated. I asked her what was wrong. She told me she was getting annoyed that her sister wasn’t answering the phone when she called. Me, ever the smartass, said, “That’s weird. She always answers the phone when I call.”

(I know. I know. I can hear you from here. “Please tell me you didn’t actually make a joke to your wife insinuating that you hook up with her sister.” Well, my friends, I actually did. I make jokes about hooking up with just about anyone. I always have. Luckily, I found a woman who puts up with it. She’ll either laugh at my jokes, or roll her eyes and call me crazy.)

My wife, after rolling her eyes and calling me crazy, decided to play along with my joke and made a call to her sister from my phone… which her sister promptly answered.

It took me a couple of minutes to stop laughing. Mrs. Revis went into the next room so she could hear her sister over my laughter. I’m not one to let a good laugh die, so I hopped on the computer really quick and pulled up this song. After turning the volume up, I stood in the doorway brushing the dirt off my shoulder.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

25 thoughts on “Song Story: Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You

1. Hilarious, Revis. :)

Posted by Shackled and Crowned | October 16, 2013, 9:09 am
  2. Dang man, screening calls! Harsh lol.

Posted by imsupersaiyan | October 16, 2013, 9:30 am
  3. Nicely done.
    fortunately, it makes a good divorce song too! ;)

Posted by El Guapo | October 16, 2013, 10:07 am
  4. Well done, Revis!

Posted by The Hook | October 16, 2013, 10:55 am
  5. You, sir, are deliciously weird.

Posted by pouringmyartout | October 16, 2013, 11:11 am
  6. You live on the razor’s keen edge.

Posted by BrainRants | October 16, 2013, 11:15 am
  7. Ha^^ You’re indeed very lucky, sir.

Posted by bardictale | October 16, 2013, 11:47 am
  8. Haha my sister-in-laws and I do this to each other. Obviously everyone always answers MY calls…

Posted by Aussa Lorens | October 16, 2013, 12:30 pm
  9. *rolling eyes* You’re crazy!

Posted by djmatticus | October 16, 2013, 1:36 pm
  10. Apparently you like to play with fire…lol

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | October 16, 2013, 4:04 pm
  11. I love hearing the stories people link to certain songs. And you are lucky your wife is so understanding (and obviously awesome!)

Posted by Daile | October 16, 2013, 9:55 pm