Stuph

EH!

I have some goofy friends I chat with on a regular basis. These people help me maintain some semblance of sanity while I’m bored at work and keep me otherwise entertained even if I’m not bored. They are all quick-witted and hilarious, but more importantly we all have depression and help each other combat that bastard.

Alice, Merry, and I normally have a group chat going in Facebook. It’s like group therapy for us, only virtual. So, um, virtual group therapy. Or something. The things we speak of there run the gamut from very serious to very disturbing – we have sick senses of humor (I like it!). We use that space to vent and be ourselves. You all would likely be frightened by what you saw there. When one of us vents the other two play the support role and say, “there, there” and other such soothing platitudes. We often go to great lengths to make each other laugh and keep each other in good spirits.

Merry, at some point, started using the Pusheen the cat icons in the chat to make us laugh. It made us laugh because every time she posted it we’d all reply, “KITTEH!” This went on for I don’t know how long until one day we got carried away with it. Someone, I can’t remember who, started replacing all the long “y” sounds at the end of words with “eh.” So not only was kitty kitteh, but Merry was Merreh and Twindaddy was Twindaddeh. And so on and so forth.

Kitteh!

I’ve inadvertently managed to convert a couple of other people to our jackassery. I first converted ES (Evil Squirrel) when I uttered chileh (instead of chili) in the comments on his blog one day. I then converted NotAPunkRocker during a conversation with her. I can’t for the life of me remember how. Having done that, I have this inexplicable goal now to…

All The blogger

Basically, this has now turned into a game to see how long we can exchange words by substituting an “EH” in place of a “y” or “ie”. For instance, I absoluteleh love how adorableh Babeh C tells me he’s funneh. Each person has to come up with a word in which you can strategicalleh place the “eh” at the end of a word in place of a letter (or letters) that make the long “y” sound. If you look to the right, you’ll see a gallereh of badges. You’ll also notice the title of that gallereh is Bloggeh Badges. You will all turn to the “eh” side. I have foreseen it.

So, I challenge you, follow bloggers. Let’s rewrite the dictionareh. Let’s happileh replace all y’s and ie’s with eh’s. It makes saying those words infiniteleh more fun. I’m so unshitteh…

*The proofreading tool told me to get bent after I clicked on it. I can’t imagine why.

122 thoughts on “EH!

1. I believe it all started with Alice’s sparkleponeh, Twindaddeh….

Posted by merbear74 | November 10, 2013, 9:40 am
  2. Funneh, I don’t remember being drafted into this debauchereh.

Posted by NotAPunkRocker | November 10, 2013, 9:42 am
  3. Pusheen is my favourite!

Posted by contemplatinglove | November 10, 2013, 9:46 am
  4. Do you think this change will make people pronounce my name right? Elehse.

Posted by Elyse | November 10, 2013, 10:11 am
  5. Being Canadian I can completeleh admire this…eh.

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | November 10, 2013, 10:23 am
  6. Uggghh,,,too think I was super excited when I saw the title of this post being “EH”.
    Being Canadian, I totalleh thought it was aboot me,,it all went horribleh wrong. ;)

Posted by overitblogdotcom | November 10, 2013, 10:25 am
  7. Super silleh and funneh but I definiteleh need to turn off damn autocorrect!

Posted by From Casinos to Castles | November 10, 2013, 10:32 am
  8. This is like the blogging version of valley girl talk…

Posted by pouringmyartout | November 10, 2013, 11:16 am
  9. Guess that means I’m Kateh?

Posted by Katie | November 10, 2013, 12:30 pm
  10. I’d just like to say that Canadians had the market on this a long time ago, it’s nice to know that you guys are finalleh on board with it. It only took you centuries eh?! Sincerely Zoeh!

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | November 10, 2013, 12:58 pm
  11. TD,
    That was seriousleh fenneh and stuph. I concur concurringleh
    Stephaneh

Posted by stephrogers | November 10, 2013, 3:01 pm
  12. Twindaddeh, I’ve missed you!!

- Veh-veh ;)

Posted by vyvacious | November 10, 2013, 4:45 pm
  13. Writings about meh? Totalleh!

Posted by aliceatwonderland | November 10, 2013, 4:56 pm
  14. Misspelling totalleh goes against meh nature.
    Very funneh :)
    Love those cats!

Posted by Rob | November 10, 2013, 8:00 pm
  15. Awesomesauceh.

Posted by BrainRants | November 10, 2013, 8:11 pm
  16. Funneh, Crazeh Funneh.

And most awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by kimicalreaction | November 10, 2013, 9:42 pm
  17. Won’t….convert….willingleh….wait! Wtf just happened?!?

Posted by 1jaded1 | November 10, 2013, 10:10 pm
  18. I’ll tell all the bloggers you can shut down WP on them if they fail to convert. Coffeh, coffeh, coffeh. ;)

Posted by C.K. Hope | November 11, 2013, 1:35 am
  19. I am a convert. Totalleh.

Posted by MissFourEyes | November 11, 2013, 9:31 am
  20. And now that you’ve challenged me to come up with these type of words, I will be unable to think of aneh… probableh…

Posted by GiggsMcGill Jill | November 11, 2013, 4:08 pm
  21. Gosh, this is getting pretty scary. Are you doing this to compete with the southerner s and their “y’all” and hootenanneh? Oops!

Posted by likeitiz | November 12, 2013, 1:15 am
  22. That’s some funneh, funneh stuff. Annnnnnddddd… Now I’m thinking of every Canadian joke I’ve ever heard, eh?

Posted by Larks | November 12, 2013, 3:15 am
  23. funny funneh stuffeh.

Posted by Robbie | November 12, 2013, 10:12 am
  24. To me it just reads like you’re typing in a posh British accent! Doens’t stop it being funneh, however…

Posted by faithhopechocolate | November 13, 2013, 12:22 pm
  25. Fuckin’ Eh!
    Long to join your disturbed group of clinically depressed yet dark humored bloggers.Some say my wit is like a fire! Hot and burned out. Just yesterday mom said verified my jot of misanthropy and hysteria by proclaiming ‘Rachael you’re ruining dinner again you Biatceh.’
    Oh Twindaddy may I play too. Am ready for conversion. Meds too. Due to an acute onset of a insanely rare spinal disease am also paralyzed in most of the lower legs and feet. I wish to be addressed as Rachael Timmeh! Black.
    Love and Lunacy,
    xo

Posted by Rachael C. Black | November 13, 2013, 2:30 pm
  26. No longer will things be awesomesaucey… now they will be awesomesauceh.

Posted by djmatticus | November 13, 2013, 2:48 pm
  27. This is hilarious. I have a feeling it’s going to sleep out in a meeting or something though…

Posted by Aussa Lorens | November 15, 2013, 11:00 am
  28. So I just read all of the comments and now feel ridiculousleh blah. My creativiteh often takes a siesta when I need it the most. Please accept this comment as a work in progress as I try to sharpen my wit. It may take some time. I’m like one of those number two pencils with soft lead. You just keep sharpening and sharpening and I get smaller and smaller. Does that make any sense? See, I’m rambling in the hopes of coming up with something that is witteh :). And my first thought was to compare myself to a loser pencil. I clearleh have some work to do. This is my first time visiting. I loved this post :). It was loveleh.

Posted by M_Elizabeth | November 16, 2013, 7:15 am
  29. This makes me think of Cartman from South Park. Doesn’t he kind of talk like this? Damn! Not a single long-y’ed word to convert! (Sadleh.)

Posted by Jennie Saia | November 22, 2013, 9:51 am
  30. I heard a rumor that you live by Kentuckeh..

Posted by Chowderhead | November 25, 2013, 1:08 am
  31. That was a loveleh piece. I particularleh like the fact that you and all your zaneh friends support each other via Facebook by making lots of funneh witticisms. Strangeleh enough my sister and I do this a lot lateleh and I can’t help laughing heartileh at all the rude things she says to me while appearing to be everso mannerleh in posting. It makes such a difference to the faulteh wiring of the brain sometimes to know that others happileh confide their own insecuritiehs (plural!). Keep up the wonderfulleh supportive group work and you’ll all sureleh come through the wildleh erratic experience of depression that plagues so maneh of us at times. :)x

Posted by scottishmomus | December 3, 2013, 11:27 am
  32. Cookeh? I want COOKEHZ!!

Posted by Siddharth Singh | January 25, 2014, 2:41 am