Things I Should Not Be Subjected To

Seriously???

I’m a fairly laid back guy. It usually takes a lot to get me angry. Most of the time, the things that piss me off are things that happen to me at work. This is another one of those times.

For those of you who don’t already know, my company repairs factory installed car stereos that are still under warranty from the car manufacturer. When I first get to work, my job is to receive all of the radios shipped to us, enter them into the computer, and then give the radios to our techs.

Yesterday, one of the radios we were sent elicited the following email. This is the actual email that was sent by my team lead to our boss. I’ve changed the names and removed something that could be used to identify the company I work for, but, other than that, this is his email.

Boss,

Today we received a (car company) unit that is literally covered in feces. It is the most awful smell I can think of. Should I reject the unit back to the dealer? Or just receive it and send it directly to scrap?

It appears that there is no media inside but either way I think it should stay there if there is. Lol. I put the unit in a bag and taped every inch of it to seal in the disgusting-ness.

Team Lead

Right now I’m trying to decide what pisses me off more: That a car dealership would send us a radio covered in some kind of animal shit, or that we have to ask for permission before rejecting a radio covered in animal shit.

WTF???

If I ran a car dealership, and a customer brought in a car filled with animal shit, I’d tell them to where to stick that car. I certainly wouldn’t make my mechanics touch it any way. And, if I was the mechanic, and my boss told me to get that radio covered in animal shit out of the car, I’d tell him to get it his damn self because I’m not touching it.

I’m wondering what kind of asshole lets his car get covered in animal shit in the first place. From the looks of it, it was either rat or ferret shit (Granted, I’m no expert in animal shit. So, I’m going with what my team lead said it looked like). The car was less than two years old, so I have a hard time seeing how it was covered in that much shit.

Regardless, it reinforces my belief that people suck…..

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

35 thoughts on “Seriously???

1. Fucking nasty, all the way around. Seriously, is right.

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 4, 2014, 3:35 am
  2. Wtf? Who does that and how??

Posted by My Muted Voice | January 4, 2014, 4:04 am
  3. Man that’s weird. And gross.

Posted by Trent Lewin | January 4, 2014, 8:30 am
  4. Obviously this guy listened to crappy music…

Posted by pouringmyartout | January 4, 2014, 10:02 am
  5. This is one of the weirder “at work” experience I’ve ever heard of. Shouldn’t the car dealer noticed when they removed it? And an email from the saying: “I threw away a stereo because it was covered in animal feces” should be an automatic pass!

That said, animals DO like to hang out in cars. In France/Switzerland we had trouble with “fweens” a type of weasel. They would nest in cars left a long time, and simply chew the wires of cars left overnight. There were sprays you could get, insurance you could get, but the animal control folks recommended men’s urine. I wrote about it here, way back: http://fiftyfourandahalf.com/2011/10/18/life-stinks/ .

Squirrels and chipmunks get into my husband’s Miata when it is parked outside for long periods of time. Of course, none of them have been musically inclined; nor is my husband. So he didn’t notice if the stereo was full of shit …

Posted by Elyse | January 4, 2014, 10:08 am
    • The thing is that it’s a 2013 model year car. So, at most, it’s a year-and-a-half old. Which means that, more than likely, it’s still being paid for. I don’t see how someone could just let it sit around long enough for this to happen. I certainly wouldn’t leave a car I’m still paying on sit around with animals running around inside of it.

Posted by Revis Edgewater | January 4, 2014, 12:15 pm
  6. Clearly a situation where forgiveness trumps permission.

Posted by BrainRants | January 4, 2014, 10:18 am
  7. I’m guessing the car’s owner was unaware that a rodent has been living in his dashboard causing his stereo problems. The dealership who sent you the stereo needs to receive it back in the condition it was received with a strong letter letting them know your company won’t touch HAZARDOUS WASTE. Yes, rodent feces is a health hazard.

Common sense? Non-existent at the car dealership in question!

Posted by Robin | January 4, 2014, 11:28 am
    • We got it in Thursday morning. It was sent back out Friday with a note saying that we weren’t going to be touching it because it was covered in “animal waste”. I’m going to bet that they send it back to us with a note asking why we rejected it.

Posted by Revis Edgewater | January 4, 2014, 12:19 pm
  8. Maybe the car is from one of those hoarder houses? That show can scar you for life.

Posted by aliceatwonderland | January 4, 2014, 3:33 pm
  9. I’m sorry, this made me laugh. I have never heard the word shit used so much in a post. Yet, I agree with you and I would not have asked permission.

Posted by Pocahontas | January 4, 2014, 3:39 pm
  10. Just shaking my head.

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | January 4, 2014, 9:06 pm
  11. My 16 year old car is a rattrap, but as far as I know, there are no actual rats living in it…. let along shitting in the stereo. I can’t imagine how that could happen….

Posted by evilsquirrel13 | January 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
  12. What the fuck?

Posted by Twindaddy | January 5, 2014, 9:28 am
  13. I’m trying to think of a situation where it wasn’t on purpose/ due to stupidity and I’m coming up with…nothing.

Posted by bardictale | January 5, 2014, 12:30 pm
  14. Gross, gross, gross, gross. That’s all I’ve got.

Posted by djmatticus | January 6, 2014, 1:33 pm
  15. People suck, its true.
    But you rule, Revis.