Life

They Don’t Like Me

I know I haven’t been on here very much lately, but I have a good excuse: I think the machines are out to get me.

For the past few weeks, it seems like everything that has wiring in it has either worked against me, or broken down. In the case of the radios I deal with at work every day, it’s both.

First, it was the shit covered radio. As an update, I will tell you that the radio was sent back to them, but only after my boss was unable to get ahold of the dealership’s parts manager on the phone.

(Mini Rant: I have no idea why they bothered to call the parts manager. I’m not sure what they thought he, or she, could possibly say that would make it acceptable to receive a radio covered in animal shit.)

Second, my car died. Last week, when the temperature around here dropped down into the negatives, I went outside to start it and it was dead. I thought it was just the extreme cold that was causing it to not start because it started right up when I jumped it. Nope. The battery was screwed. It wouldn’t hold a charge. It then took two attempts to get a battery that actually worked. Oy vey.

Third, my computer crashed. Windows apparently had a sudden disagreement with it. Personally, I think it’s because I have a picture of Baby E as my wallpaper and Windows got jealous. It knows it will never reach that level of perfection.

Twindaddy was able to get my computer working again (I knew having him for a brother would pay off eventually), which is a good thing because typing on a laptop is a pain in the ass. I’m not the best typist in the world to begin with, so shrinking the keyboard doesn’t do me any favors. Granted, it’s better than nothing, but I’d still much rather be doing my posting from my PC.

Finally, one of the joysticks on my Xbox controller is starting to stick. I know that’s nothing major, but it’s still an annoyance that goes towards my “the machines hate me” theory.

I’m not sure what I did to the machines to make them start targeting me. Maybe they know that I’m a fan of the Terminator movies, which always end with the machines losing. Or maybe the machines are just pissed because they know I’m so much cooler than they are. Perhaps it’s something else altogether. Whatever the case is, it needs to stop. It’s getting old.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

34 thoughts on “They Don’t Like Me

1. Hope it stops…

Posted by 1jaded1 | January 10, 2014, 11:39 pm
  2. Walk up very softly behind your electronic gear, an then whisper that if it doesn’t shape up, you’re going to reprogram it with an ax.

Posted by El Guapo | January 10, 2014, 11:39 pm
  3. Dude, get a USB wireless keyboard/mouse combo. If you slave it to your widescreen tv, you can blog from your recliner!

Posted by BrainRants | January 10, 2014, 11:57 pm
  4. Your computer blows…

Posted by Twindaddy | January 11, 2014, 12:05 am
  5. Maybe the machines think that you’re more than just a fan of Terminator movies. Maybe they think that you going to lead an uprising against them.

Posted by List of X | January 11, 2014, 12:30 am
  6. Don’t you just hate that. The printer/copier in my office is out to get me, so I know exactly how you feel!

Posted by Elyse | January 11, 2014, 5:39 am
  7. Percussive maintenance – beat the shit out of it until it works!

Posted by Aiming for Simplicity | January 11, 2014, 7:44 am
  8. So people and machines are out to get you… next: inanimate object!

Posted by pouringmyartout | January 11, 2014, 11:06 am
  9. Technology, man….

Posted by The Hook | January 11, 2014, 11:30 am
  10. They hate me as well. When I’m on shift, everything crashes.
    Hope it stops. If it doesn’t, my club has cookies and the beverage of your choice.

Posted by bardictale | January 11, 2014, 12:13 pm
  11. Remember when you said something bad about Google the other day? You thought they weren’t listening, but THEY WERE!

Posted by The Cutter | January 11, 2014, 8:18 pm
  12. Maybe you need a Mac and TD to move in with you

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | January 11, 2014, 8:56 pm
  13. Machines tend to hate me too…I’m all over the internet, but I’m not a big fan of the devices it takes to get there. Such is life.

Posted by Quirky Chrissy | January 12, 2014, 12:19 pm
  14. Silly machines. I’m glad TD got your computer up and running again. Hopefully it decides to behave itself for awhile.
    The Queen and I had a similar run with our cars a couple months ago. Her battery died, and then my battery died, and then something else happened to her car, and then my timing belt went out, and the terminals on my battery corroded through and I had to replace them, and then … Yeah. It was a good two month stretch where one of our cars was always under construction.

Posted by djmatticus | January 13, 2014, 12:53 pm
  15. I can empathise. My mobile phone (cell phone) battery has been on the blink and finally died, not long after my rechargeable toothbrush having done that first. Thank goodness I’m on rest with my family so have been able to organise replacements. Maybe the jinx passed from you to me, in punishment for my having not been on WP in ages?

Posted by faithhopechocolate | January 21, 2014, 3:04 pm