Poetry

Fallible Heart

This is probably the truest thing ever.

To my left rests a rock
To my right a hard place
In between I am stuck
In this forsaken space
People and misdeeds
I thought
 buried in time
Have come back to haunt me
No reason, no rhyme
Which way to go
Ignore all sensible logic
With my heart I flow
My heart always wins
Yet I always lose
Why do I always misstep
When I let my heart choose?

I’m all out of faith
This is how I feel
I’m cold and I’m ashamed
Bound and broken on the floor

79 thoughts on “Fallible Heart

1. Love is a bitch…

Posted by pouringmyartout | January 23, 2014, 11:57 am
  2. I hope you find true love one day, because its not this painful. :-)

Posted by areed090290 | January 23, 2014, 12:01 pm
  3. Battle of the heart versus the mind. : ( Tough balance.

Posted by Pocahontas | January 23, 2014, 12:03 pm
  4. I agree you probably ought to avoid it. For now.

Posted by BrainRants | January 23, 2014, 12:12 pm
  5. love this

Posted by erikafuego | January 23, 2014, 12:13 pm
  6. It’s always one way or the other for me. For years at a time. What kind of way to live is this.

I feel these words. Don’t know if in a good way that I want to remember. But I hear you.

Posted by Trent Lewin | January 23, 2014, 12:20 pm
  7. I found a friend, then a lover. I think it works better that way. Hugs for the current sorry state.

Posted by Elyse | January 23, 2014, 12:32 pm
  8. Bloody hell, ain’t that the truth…

One of my favourite images: http://skmusings.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/im-with-stupid1.jpg

ps. Actually, it *does* rhyme… just joking ;)

Posted by Pixie Girl | January 23, 2014, 12:35 pm
  9. You are such a talented S.O.B – and I mean that in the nicest way. A staggering poem.

Posted by Simon | January 23, 2014, 12:40 pm
  10. I feel your pain, and I’m sorry you’re in such pain.

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | January 23, 2014, 12:50 pm
  11. Torn is definitely one of my go to songs when I am in the midst of heartache. Love he poem, TD. {hugs}

Posted by Sarah Brekke | January 23, 2014, 1:50 pm
  12. Cookie?

Posted by bardictale | January 23, 2014, 4:20 pm
  13. *gets the next round*

Posted by El Guapo | January 23, 2014, 4:37 pm
  14. heart always has to win. but hopefully sometimes it learns its lesson… :( @@>

Posted by icescreammama | January 23, 2014, 7:01 pm
  15. This is not a secret: TD, you are a unique person.

Posted by dentaleggs | January 23, 2014, 7:04 pm
  16. This song is my perfect angry girl music when I am feeling shitty. Hope you’re OK

Posted by Daile | January 23, 2014, 7:51 pm
  17. Yep….

Posted by hastywords | January 24, 2014, 11:43 am
  18. I don’t have the words…
    Other than: beautiful, heart-wrenching, poem.
    And isn’t scary/sad/funny how often those go together?

Posted by djmatticus | January 24, 2014, 3:40 pm