Random Thought Of The Day

Random Thoughts of the Day: 2/9/14

I haven’t done one of these Random Thought posts in a while. Since that is too long to go in between hearing my pearls of wisdom, I decided to be a nice guy and “bless” you with more of them. After reading the first few of them, I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out where I had most of these thoughts.

• Why do people slow down to 5-10 MPH lower than the speed limit when they see a cop? As long as you’re not going over the speed limit, you’re fine. Stop trying to make me late for work, assholes.
  • Most of my drive to work is done on a 4 lane highway. I’ve noticed that the people who like to drive 15-20 MPH over the speed limit will do so without going into the fast lane. They’ll zoom in and out of the other 3 lanes, but will avoid that fourth one like the plague. Do they really think that cops can only see the people in the fast lane?
  • You can’t use the same scent of air freshener in your bathroom for extended periods of time. If you do, you start to associate that smell with the bathroom….. Which means that, no matter how flowery or perfume-y the scent is when you smell it, it smells like shit.
  • Am I the only one who didn’t notice the inconsistency in the T-Rex escape scene in Jurassic Park? It didn’t even register with me until a couple of guys at work pointed it out. I guess I just wasn’t paying that much attention.
  • In most zombie lore, if you get bitten by a zombie, you turn into one. What happens if you have sex after getting bitten, but before you turn into a zombie? Does your partner then turn into a zombie too? If so, wouldn’t that also make the zombie virus an STD?

Well, there you have it folks. This has been another edition of RTotD. Hopefully, you were entertained (and only slightly scared) by the random thoughts that float around inside my head.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

46 thoughts on “Random Thoughts of the Day: 2/9/14

1. I never saw Jurassic Park.

And bad drivers are bad drivers, regardless of the speed.

Posted by El Guapo | February 9, 2014, 10:40 am
  2. Thanks for the pearls of wisdom. The popo should give out tickets for driving too slow when that happens. It is just as hazardous.

Bwahaha at your last thought. Hopefully the world will never have to find out.

Posted by 1jaded1 | February 9, 2014, 10:48 am
    • I had a cop directly behind me for about two or three miles one day on my way home from work. I was in the fast lane doing 70 (the speed limit) while everyone else was doing 60-65. When I was finally able to get into the next lane over to let him pass me, he gave me a “thanks” wave before driving on.

Posted by Revis Edgewater | February 9, 2014, 6:22 pm
  3. This is hilarious! Yes, cops only see the fast lane of traffic, which is why I go 90 in the far right lane. That lane makes me invisible.

Posted by Rhonda | February 9, 2014, 11:43 am
  4. what is the inconsistency in the T-Rex scene.
    And how come, if Zombies devour the living, there are ever new zombies made at all?

Posted by pouringmyartout | February 9, 2014, 12:36 pm
  5. I always get caught up in the plot. So I never notice the details. I will ever be a detective.

Posted by Elyse | February 9, 2014, 2:31 pm
  6. I don’t think you would have sex with someone after getting bitten by a zombie. You would just appreciate your partner for their BRRRAAAIIINNNZZZ!!

Posted by List of X | February 9, 2014, 2:41 pm
  7. Hmm. Well, zombification isn’t a disease, so unless you bite said partner, he should be fine.
    Ish. You’re dead or dying. Unless he hates you, he won’t be fine.

Posted by bardictale | February 9, 2014, 3:03 pm
  8. Zombie STD? Gross.

Posted by dentaleggs | February 9, 2014, 4:02 pm
  9. That last one nails the randomness… As for the others: especially while driving it becomes clear how many assholes there are!

Posted by No Blog Intended | February 9, 2014, 4:30 pm
  10. I didn’t notice the inconsistency – please tell me what it is? Pretty please?

Posted by stephrogers | February 9, 2014, 6:41 pm
  11. I don’t know what I just learned, but I figure I learned something.

Posted by Trent Lewin | February 9, 2014, 9:32 pm
  12. You’re so wise you should be umm…

Posted by behindthemaskofabuse | February 9, 2014, 11:14 pm
  13. Jurassic Park was rife with inconsistencies… but oh so fun. :D The fun makes up for the nonsense, I promise.

Posted by rarasaur | February 10, 2014, 1:41 am
  14. I like the way you randomly think, Revis.

Posted by The Hook | February 10, 2014, 5:23 pm
  15. Oh my god. #3. I’m dying.

Posted by AreYouFinishedYet | February 10, 2014, 5:59 pm
  16. The zombie STD question is a good one. And if it’s not transmittable via sex, if you were female and became pregnant would the baby be a zombie-human hybrid? That’s an important question too.

Posted by C.K. Hope | February 10, 2014, 11:13 pm
  17. Different driving habits here in Alberta, especially the Edmonton/Calgary run! Three lanes of divided highway for a good portion of the trip, speed limit 110/km/h (with most people doing 140). All 3 lanes get used, but woe to you if you drive too slow in the faster lanes! The faster drivers will sit on your tail at high speed, forcing you into a slower lane!

Posted by benzeknees | February 12, 2014, 12:34 pm