Movies

Most Quoted Movie

My workplace is filled with a bunch of guys who like to quote movies. We’re all also a bunch of comic book nerds. So, you’d think that the movie we’d quote the most is either one of the Batman movies, or one of the new Marvel movies, or even other geek classics like Star Wars or Star Trek.

If you thought that, you’d be wrong.

The most quoted movie at my work is The Replacements. That’s right. The Replacements.

The reason for that is simple: When we close boxes, we do so with tape from our tape dispenser. The tape comes in large, dry rolls. As it is fed through the dispenser, it runs across a damp area, which makes it wet and activates the glue on it. The glue then gets all over your hand as you’re boxing things up. After a few minutes of this, it makes your hands look like Orlando Jones’ hands in this scene.

So, whenever one of us makes a bunch of boxes (which is an every day thing), we always say “You know this don’t look natural. You know it don’t.”

“Don’t talk.”

“Coach, I look like I just jacked off an elephant.”

That’s my workplace’s most quoted movie. What’s yours?

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

18 thoughts on “Most Quoted Movie

1. Star Wars, still, after all these years.

Posted by Trent Lewin | March 8, 2014, 8:14 pm
  2. We often look for historical documents — so I am often found quoting from Galaxy Quest. Nobody gets it though, and they can’t figure out why I am talking about the poor folks on Gilligan’s Island.

Posted by Elyse | March 8, 2014, 8:42 pm
  3. “Convoy” of course, starring Kris Kristofferson….”Breaker Breaker 1-9 This here’s the Rubber Duck, come on!”

Posted by treyzguy | March 8, 2014, 9:09 pm
  4. Scarface. My last department we were partial to…”Say hello to my little friend.” This department will probably be something from 50 Shades of Puke.

Posted by 1jaded1 | March 8, 2014, 11:47 pm
  5. The Big Lebowski. Which is somewhat weird cause I work from home, by myself. Actually, that’s probably a good thing.

Posted by Steph | March 9, 2014, 12:44 am
  6. Star Trek. ‘Beam me up!’ Preferably at warp speed.

Posted by scottishmomus | March 9, 2014, 10:24 am
  7. Nothing, unfortunately…

Posted by bardictale | March 9, 2014, 1:39 pm
  8. What we have here is a failure to communicate… and I still doesn’t know nothin’ about berthin’ no babies…

Posted by pouringmyartout | March 10, 2014, 5:59 pm
  9. The line “just keep swimming” from Finding Nemo seems to have infiltrated most people’s vocabulary around here, even though hardly any of them have seen Nemo…

Posted by faithhopechocolate | March 25, 2014, 7:37 am