Feature Friday

Feature Friday: Ice Scream Mama

Oh…my….gawd. We finally made it. I didn’t think we would. For awhile it seemed like a water mirage in a dauntingly desolate desert (hooray for alliteration!). But we’re here now and we can all heave that refreshing sigh of weekend relief soon, because…

As I’m sure you’re all aware, Friday not only means that you can get so wasted tonight that you won’t care if you soak your shorts in urine, but it’s also Feature Friday! Yay! For those of you who don’t know (shame on you), Feature Friday is where we spread the bloggy love like butt cheeks during a cavity search.

Today’s featured blogger is one I’ve known only a short time. I met her via the challenge grid at Yeah Write, where she’s a weekly participant. I’ve gotten to know her through her wonderful prose, and through the silliness of back and forth comments. Sit back and get ready for two scoops of awesomesauce.

ice scream mama

Ice Scream Mama is a wonderful blog themed completely around ice cream. She’s only slightly addicted, I promise. Oh, and don’t attempt to feed her yourself, that’s how you lose fingers. You know how some folks self-medicate with drugs or alcohol? Well, Mama self-medicates with ice cream. I’m partial to alcohol myself, but this works for her.

Mama writes often about her wonderful three boys. I love reading about her boys, whether the post is about her boys driving her nuts, about a certain challenge in regards to parenting, or if it’s a heartfelt piece about how wonderful her boys are. She will also sprinkle in (see what I did there, Mama? Sprinkles!) posts about her recreational activities (Zumba fail), or her parents (hawt Mama!).

Mama’s prose are hard for me to describe because I’m not quite the wordsmith she is, but since I’m here to pimp her work I’m going to go with a one word description: beautiful. I think her writing is absolutely beautiful. I know that’s not a word not normally associated with one’s writing, but that’s just how it seems to me. Her words flow together so seamlessly and gracefully that I can think of no other term that fits. Reading her words is like watching a ballerina gliding elegantly across your TV screen.

Just trust me. She’s awesome. So awesome, in fact, that she’s been Freshly Pressedtwice.

Take Two Scoops of This

As is my way, I asked Mama to select a handful of posts that would let the faithful members of the Maphia get an idea of what kind of awesome she brings to the blogosphere, and the following are the flavors she offered. Savor each one.

These morsels are really just the stuph stuck on the lid of the tub. You should head on over there and mash the follow button so you can digest the whole tub at your leisure. Seriously, I love hanging out over there and I have no doubt you will, as well.

That’s all I have for you today, dear Maphia. Have a great weekend and go get ice cream wasted!

93 thoughts on “Feature Friday: Ice Scream Mama

1. She’s great, TD! Good choice. I just met her last week when you featured me — hey why didn’t I get a two week stint? Oh, never mind.

Now I have an excuse to be late to work — or to not do much when I get there — because there are new posts of Mama’s to read! Well, new to me, anyway.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Elyse | March 21, 2014, 7:36 am
  2. This is the most wonderful tribute to me I’ve ever read. Wait. I think it’s the only one. Seriously, I can’t thank you enough for your kind generous words. I so so appreciate them and I appreciate you. You’ve been such a supportive blogger friend. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my bowl… which is endless. :)

Posted by icescreammama | March 21, 2014, 7:53 am
  3. Will be reading more!

Liked by 1 person

Posted by 1jaded1 | March 21, 2014, 8:18 am
  4. Thanks for introducing us. She’s got some good stuff.
    I’ll be over to read more later.

Posted by El Guapo | March 21, 2014, 8:49 am
  5. What a cool feature! I can’t wait to head over and check her out. Does she also provide ice cream to new guests? Ah heck, I’ll just bring my own and we can party.

I’m loving this Stupblog more and more–although, it feels a little like hanging out at the cool kids table and I’m the weirdo who crashed lunch. I’ll try not to cause too much ruckus as I get more acquainted with your pages and posts.
    Mmmm….ice cream.

Posted by MamaMickTerry | March 21, 2014, 9:24 am
  6. Thanks for the image of urine-soaked pants to start my workday off right! This was a fun read about one of our fabulous writers over at yeah write who also happens to be one of my favorite people. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Erica M | March 21, 2014, 9:47 am
  7. Loved her post about running! I LOL’ed. Thanks for the feature – I’ve already mashed the follow button and devoured an entire pint of ice cream. ::cries::

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Nicole Marie | March 21, 2014, 10:07 am
  8. But what about sherbet?

Posted by pouringmyartout | March 21, 2014, 11:23 am
  9. Ice scream? I scream for ice scream! I’m there now.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Eva | March 21, 2014, 11:32 am
  10. Bacon Ice Cream.

Posted by BrainRants | March 21, 2014, 11:44 am
  11. I always get ice cream wasted. Two scoops won’t be enough though. My tolerance is too high for that.

Posted by djmatticus | March 21, 2014, 12:39 pm
  12. Thank you so much TD for introducing me to so many fabulous new people. :)

Posted by icescreammama | March 21, 2014, 6:29 pm
  13. Any time I read her blog, I want ice cream. In a good way!

Posted by Natalie DeYoung | March 21, 2014, 7:07 pm
  14. I didn’t think Alisa could get any more FAMOUS than she already is over at yeah write! Now she’s hit the big time. Love her! And you’re not half bad either ;)

Posted by Stacie | March 21, 2014, 7:09 pm
  15. Love that you’re doing this feature and I love that you featured such a great writer!

Posted by Michelle Longo | March 21, 2014, 7:22 pm
  16. Yay for ICMama! She’s the bestest! I’ve used her an excuse to buy sugar-free icecream on more than one occasion. :)

Posted by rarasaur | March 22, 2014, 4:29 am