Share Your World

Share Your World – 2014 Week 12

Here we are, hump day. That misleading day that is never as fun as it sounds.

hump day

While not all of us will be humping today, I’ll be settling in to answer questions from Cee, which I’ve somehow gotten into the habit of doing on Wednesdays. It’s time for me to share my world!! Oh, shut up. You know you love it.

What is your most favorite smell/scent?

I’ve never really pondered this before. My favorite scent, hmmmmm…. I guess the smell of freshly prepared buffalo chicken would be my favorite. I mean, there’s just something intoxicating about it to me. It tickles my nose and makes me drool like a teething infant. I know you’re all judging me, but I don’t care, because buffalo chicken is my bacon.

Drooooool…

How do you write: computer, longhand or other?

Computer. I’ve been using a keyboard for so long that if I try to write for more than a minute my hand starts to cramp up. I haven’t written longhand extensively since I was in high school.

Your favorite blog post that you have written? (add link)

Wow. That’s a tough one to narrow down. I’ve published over 1000 posts (though some have since been culled). Some of them are good, others I think are great, but choosing a favorite blog post is like asking me to pick my favorite child – I love them all equally. I just can’t do it. Well, I’m kinda proud of this one from a couple years ago…

What’s one of your favorite books from childhood?

I don’t have one. I was never much into reading until I was an adult. In my youth I was more concerned with music, sports, and video games than with books. I was outside hanging out with my friends, or playing basketball, baseball, or football with them. I did read some John Grisham books my junior year in high school for book reports, and I enjoyed those immensely, but not enough to get into reading on a regular basis.

In 1996, when Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire multimedia project was released, I bought the book as soon as I finished the video game. I found from that book that there was an entire line of Star Wars books and I began collecting them immediately. I now have close to 100 Star Wars books on my book shelf at home. Along the way I developed a taste for other fictional genres, including mystery, suspense, thrillers, and some sci-fi. My favorite book is Timeline, by Michael Crichton, and my favorite author is Harlan Coben, who, in my opinion, is the best mystery writer today.

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

I’m grateful for being Freshly Pressed on Monday! I’m grateful for Elyse, who brought my post to the attention of the WordPress editors. I’m grateful for Emily who graced this here weblog with her magical prose yesterday. I’m grateful to Laura, who gifted me a copy of one of her ebooks. I’m grateful for all of my bloggy friends. You guys are awesome. As always, I’m grateful to Cee for these questions. As for the future, I don’t really have anything planned soon, so nothing really to look forward to but the weekend.

Would you like to share your world? Head on over to Cee’s Photography and find out how! I’m out, peeps!

Share Your World

52 thoughts on “Share Your World – 2014 Week 12

1. Awww, I got an honorable mention :D I really hope you enjoy it!

Posted by LauraALord | March 26, 2014, 9:10 am
  2. congratulations on being freshly pressed, that is an honur!

Posted by joanfrankham | March 26, 2014, 9:53 am
  3. Congrats on the FP! Well deserved.

Posted by djmatticus | March 26, 2014, 10:26 am
  4. Ya big lug, you.

Posted by Eva | March 26, 2014, 10:27 am
  5. You just hurt the nachos feelings, you dolt. :D

Posted by merbear74 | March 26, 2014, 10:38 am
  6. Congratulations on the FP! That was a great read. (I can’t remember if I commented when I read it.) I also enjoy Harlan Coben’s books.

Posted by Steph | March 26, 2014, 10:52 am
  7. You know I always like learning about you…

Posted by pouringmyartout | March 26, 2014, 10:59 am
  8. I don’t do much humping on Wednesday or any other day, for that matter, but life sure humps me. 24/7, 365.

Congrats (again) on being FPed. They don’t post junk and you deserved it.

Posted by Exile on Pain Street | March 26, 2014, 12:33 pm
  9. Yeah congrats on being FPed…how cool. Thanks so much for sharing this week. I am off to see your post now.

Posted by Cee Neuner | March 26, 2014, 1:10 pm
  10. Yay again for Freshly Pressed…..oh, and all I can think about now is Buffalo Chicken……mmmmm

Posted by Polysyllabic Profundities | March 26, 2014, 1:30 pm
  11. Congrats, and yum for buffalo chicken.

Posted by 1jaded1 | March 26, 2014, 2:31 pm
  12. Aww I’m grateful for you too. And oh so happy you got fresh pressed!

Posted by Deanna Herrmann | March 26, 2014, 3:17 pm
  13. Congratulations on FP – very much deserved :)

Posted by electronicbaglady | March 26, 2014, 4:38 pm
  14. I seem to post my Share Your Week posts on Fridays for some reason, but I liked your answers!

Posted by benzeknees | March 26, 2014, 6:52 pm
  15. Congratulations on being “Freshly Pressed”. When I played the Myst games years ago, I read the books that followed – only three; nothing compared to Star Wars. I’ve only watched the movies. Almost time for Survivor – gotta go. Have a great week (what’s left of it)!!!

Posted by Robin | March 26, 2014, 7:54 pm
  16. If more boring tasks were given names that reminded one of romance, then the world would be a better and more productive place.

Posted by The Moon is a Naked Banana | March 26, 2014, 11:42 pm
  17. What about the scent of buffalo chileh?

Posted by evilsquirrel13 | March 27, 2014, 12:10 am
  18. I would be completely obnoxious and annoying if I had gotten Freshly Pressed…kudos to you for playing the cool calm celebrity.

Posted by hastywords | March 27, 2014, 4:38 pm