Stuph

Of Course You Know, This Means Blog War

Like the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand, the shot heard around the bloggy world has been fired. Evidently, there is a blogger out there who really, intensely loathes animated GIF’s. Enough so that said blogger wrote a post about it and named me the prime offender, like I’m some underground GIF lord. Hmmmm…..Dark Lord of the GIF has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?

I digress.

макет вращающейся планеты Земля, формат - &quo...

And the world keeps spinning. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Maphia, meet Alice.

Hello, Alice.

She doesn’t like GIF’s. She says that she will no longer read posts with animated GIF’s in them. She even sought out, and found, a plugin for her browser which will block animated GIF’s from being displayed, such is her disgust with them. So my evil plan (mwahahahahaha) is to return fire. . .with animated GIF’s.

What’s really cool about this idea is that it’s like making fun of the Amish. She’ll never know what my response is because the very GIF’s I use in my response will be blocked by the very plugin she installed! Winning! Bloggy stealth mode ACTIVE!!

So, without further ado (ado wa ditty ditty dum ditty ado), here is my animated (it’s a pun, get it?) response to Alice’s shot.

fuck you

There. I feel better now. You know I love you, dear Alice, but I simply must defend my good (is it really?) name.

HK-47

Query: How do you feel about animated GIF’s, meatbag? Do they threaten to force your liquideous innards out through your fleshy esophagus, or do you find them humorous, as does the master?

177 thoughts on “Of Course You Know, This Means Blog War

1. Hahaha, I can still SEE them! You said fuck you in a variety of ways! Also like Harrison’s “Who gives a shit?” Creative! B+!

Liked by 2 people

Posted by aliceatwonderland | April 3, 2014, 9:27 am
  2. You two are just too much. LOL

Posted by merbear74 | April 3, 2014, 9:29 am
  3. I’m also a hater. But I do love Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Posted by La La | April 3, 2014, 9:30 am
  4. So, her post really bothered you, sweet pea? xoxoxoxo

(I think this has to be the best blog war post I’ve ever seen!)

Posted by savannah49 | April 3, 2014, 9:30 am
  5. Ironically, I was thinking to myself that I don’t like animated gifs either but really only because they irritate my headachy brain – and I can’t even contemplate looking at one with a migraine. But you’re not evil, nor was I actually thinking about your blog… And I thought it before reading this and knowing Alice wrote about it! HA – it must be the librarian minds melding.

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | April 3, 2014, 9:31 am
  6. I normally shy away from wars, however this one I will be watching with animated interest ;)

Liked by 1 person

Posted by wannabepoet | April 3, 2014, 9:40 am
  7. Reminds me of one of the lamer members of our message board group when we moved to a forum that allowed avatars and graphics 7 years ago… and how he whined and cried about people using GIF’s for avatars because they were annoying to look at while he was reading. You definitely fought this battle the correct way, sir. I’ll make my way over to Alice’s post shortly and mock her mercilessly…

Posted by evilsquirrel13 | April 3, 2014, 10:02 am
  8. You know what they say… “don’t look a gif horse in the mouth” or something like that.

Posted by Marie | April 3, 2014, 10:07 am
  9. Haha! I’ve heard other people say the same thing… but I feel I’m addicted.

Posted by Aussa Lorens | April 3, 2014, 10:19 am
  10. You and Alice have succeeded in amusing me, thereby making morning almost bearable.

Posted by C.K. Hope | April 3, 2014, 10:22 am
  11. Eh.
    I’m with Alice.

Posted by El Guapo | April 3, 2014, 10:25 am
  12. A world without animated gifs is not one I care to live in.

Posted by nancytex2013 | April 3, 2014, 10:27 am
  13. The GIFinator. This is GIFtastical.

Posted by BrainRants | April 3, 2014, 11:17 am
  14. You Win!

Posted by icescreammama | April 3, 2014, 12:05 pm
  15. Well, I already tweeted you as GIF master. You da best!

HOWEVER…my honest opinion? Too many of them in one post gives me a headache. Not this post, of course. That was the point.

But I have trouble working my way through posts that have a ton of them.

I’m a migraine sufferer, and I can get one in a 3D movie. I still GO, but I’m just sayin’ (or rambling, I think is the better word) it may be connected, somehow…

Rock the GIFs, TD! You have a gift for them…

Posted by samara | April 3, 2014, 12:24 pm
  16. You already know that I don’t like them, they affect my epilepsy.

Posted by behindthemask | April 3, 2014, 12:32 pm
  17. I ran into someone you know on another blog yesterday. I was so thrilled to see him show up. None other than BLC! ;-)

Posted by behindthemask | April 3, 2014, 12:34 pm
  18. It’s amazing how many fuck you gifs there are out there. ;-)

Posted by Deanna Herrmann | April 3, 2014, 12:43 pm
  19. Dark Lord of the Gif,
    I’ve decided I’m going to start calling you that from now on. Because, awesome.
    Okay, moving on. No, animated gifs don’t bug me. I should probably incorporate more of them in the kingdom….
    Matticus

Posted by djmatticus | April 3, 2014, 1:27 pm
  20. I’m not a fan of animated GIFs, either TD. Sorry. They make my stomach queasy. I try to position the writing so that I can’t see them.

As a fake medical expert, I’m pretty sure they bring on epilepsy.

Posted by Elyse | April 3, 2014, 2:34 pm
  21. uh… I haven’t figured out how to do those animated Gifs yet… or do my little moving pictures I make in Lunapic count… because I have to take pictures in Photoshop and cut them up and make dozens of copies of them with each one moved just a little, and stick them all together… if she doesn’t like those, then she really can kiss my rapidly diminishing but still more or less fabulous ass… and I don’t even know her, I don’t think,

Posted by pouringmyartout | April 3, 2014, 2:44 pm
  22. I personally love them. I actually find memes to be rather cheesy so I would prefer a gif over that any day. Plus you can’t quite get the same rubbing-butt-on-window effect with just a picture.

Posted by anolivedaily | April 3, 2014, 3:31 pm
  23. I heard that using too many GIF’s can cause impotence. Any problems in that area yet TD?

A few GIF’s that make an image that can’t be replicated with a still, are fine. I saw one today – trying to think where, sorry (if you read this and it was your kitty please indentify yourself)- of a big tortiseshell cat laying in front of a keyboard looking alternately at the screen and the viewer. It was great. But more than a couple make my stomache sick. And my poor little old laptop – it gags on them when there are too many. Did you know TD that I can’t have any other window open when I’m on your site or my computer freezes? Even so, sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 tries to get onto this site. Most other sites, I can have 5 or 6 windows open without problem.

So, all in all, a few are OK, none would be better. Please have mercy on my my poor old laptop.

Posted by Paul | April 3, 2014, 5:03 pm
  24. I love them!
    on another note…I would just like to know where the hell you get them..and how you post them. lol.
    speak to me td

Posted by lisajohnsonsawyer | April 3, 2014, 7:34 pm
  25. How does one even respond to a blog assault in the form of animated gifs? With… non-animated pictures? Oooooh scary!

Posted by Janelle Weibelzahl | April 3, 2014, 10:55 pm
  26. Some GIFs are spectacular and therefore necessary.

Others, not so.

I can see Alice’s point about too many of them being distracting and also disturbing/upsetting. But now she’s found that blocker thingie, there shouldn’t be any problems, right?

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 5, 2014, 12:41 pm
  27. War! What it is good for? Absolutely nothing! Unless it’s a blogging war between TD and Alice, which should be entertaining and good for plenty of hilarious banter, assuming it doesn’t actually degenerate into an earnest blogbath.
    So my paranoid mind has to wonder, you and Alice didn’t just plan this blog war just for fun, did you?

Personally, I don’t have an opinion either way, so I’ll just play the role of always neutral Switzerland (which hopefully comes with quality cheese, chocolate, and money)

Posted by List of X | April 7, 2014, 1:50 am
  28. I’m so glad we’re allies, Twindaddy…

Posted by The Hook | April 12, 2014, 12:41 pm
  29. Unless a blogger’s material sucks, they do not bother me in the least. It adds a little color, why the hell not?!

Posted by ScorpionGlow | April 19, 2014, 5:18 am

1. Pingback: You Can’t Always Get What You Foolishness | Guapola - April 4, 2014

2. Pingback: Blog War I: Victory is Alice | aliceatwonderland - April 4, 2014