Life

Rough Couple of Weeks

It all started two weeks ago today. It was a normal Saturday. My wife and I ran some errands, caught up on some missed TV shows, and played around with our daughter. Then, just as we were starting to get Baby E settled down to go to sleep, it happened. She got sick.

Vomiting is something she’s still not used to, so it freaked her out a little bit. I immediately picked her up to try and calm her down while Mrs. Revis started cleaning it up. Once I got her to stop crying, I put her down and helped my wife finish wiping it up. After that, I put something in her juice cup and gave it to her. She drank some of it and seemed to be back to normal.

A half hour later, she got sick again.

We repeated the same process and (somehow) got her to go to sleep a little while later. I was hoping that a night’s sleep would be all she needed to get over whatever she had. It wasn’t. At 8 that morning, she got sick again. We ended up taking her to an Urgent Care place as soon as it opened an hour later.

The doctor there was a quack, so we decided to not listen to him and waited until her doctor’s office opened the next day to see them instead. Luckily, the frequency of her getting sick was lessening, so she wasn’t in danger of dehydrating herself anymore.

Her doctor said it was just a bug that was  going around, and there really wasn’t anything that we could do except make sure she was getting enough fluids. So, that’s what we did. Baby E didn’t actually start feeling better until around Thursday. Then, it came to last Saturday.

We were throwing a birthday party for my father-in-law at his house. My job was, basically, to show up, watch Baby E while Mrs. Revis hung out with her family, and man the grill. Right before we were getting ready to go to his house, my stomach started feeling weird. I had some spicy stuph for lunch, so I didn’t think anything about it.

After we got there, I completed my tasks, but by the time I had finished grilling, my stomach was feeling much worse. I told my wife that I was going home. She ended up staying there for a little while longer, while I brought Baby E home with me. By the time I got home, I knew something bad was going to happen soon, so I dropped Baby E off with my mother and ended up spending most of the rest of the night in the bathroom.

I spent all day Sunday laying on the couch feeling miserable. As the day went along, I started feeling a little bit better and was eventually able to eat something again. By Monday morning, I felt well enough to go to work…..dammit.

Throughout the rest of the week, both my mother and my wife ended up getting the bug. Hopefully, now that we’ve all gone through that crap, we’ll be bug-free for a little while.

Oh….Plus, my Xbox crapped out on me. That’s 33 grams of BS….

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

24 thoughts on “Rough Couple of Weeks

1. Sucks — especially for a little girl who doesn’t have a clue what’s happening.

Posted by Elyse | April 12, 2014, 12:03 pm
  2. Yikes, you guys have suffered this week. That’s one of the joys of kids (and I had some), they pick up bugs easily as they build their immune systems. And then they kindly share them with every one else. I know you don’t want to hear this, but Baby E now has a stronger immune system than before. Remeber “The Life of Brian” : “Always look on the bright side of life…” Ha! You can finish the quote. Ha! I hope everyone gets and stays well.

Posted by Paul | April 12, 2014, 12:32 pm
  3. Mortality blows. Period.

Posted by The Hook | April 12, 2014, 12:34 pm
  4. I’m not going to like this, but I am happy you all are feeling better. Horking sucks.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 12, 2014, 12:37 pm
  5. Hope you all feel better soon

Posted by Al | April 12, 2014, 12:43 pm
  6. Um…the family that “sicks” together, sticks together?

Posted by El Guapo | April 12, 2014, 1:26 pm
  7. That just sucks but I’m glad that you’re all doing better!

Posted by behindthemask | April 12, 2014, 2:28 pm
  8. Ouch. Glad it is calming down.

Posted by Valentine Logar | April 12, 2014, 2:39 pm
  9. I am convinced it’s a kid’s job to get us parents sick. Some sort of cosmic payback of some kind…I don’t know.
    We just went through something like that – while on vacation. Fun times. But they bounce back.

Sorry to hear, but glad everyone is on the mend…

Posted by carrythemessage | April 12, 2014, 3:24 pm
  10. Oh the joys… And if you were grilling food, it’s likely you’ve inadvertently passed it on to whoever ate that food…

Glad you’re all feeling much better now.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 12, 2014, 3:56 pm
  11. Sick babies are no fun. I can empathise. I have a tooth crying for a root canal, a chest infection and my twins are off pre-school for 2 weeks. I have no family nearby to mind them. My local dentist wants to charge €700 for root canal treatment, so instead I need to book a visit with my old dentist in N. Ireland (3hrs away) and bring the twins with me and stay with my parents. My husband is stuck at work (the other vet is off work early as she is pregnant with twins). Ahhh! I’m sorry if I sound like an a-hole but I just need to vent. I wish I could call in sick tomorrow. :o(

Posted by Olivia FitzGerald | April 12, 2014, 6:57 pm
  12. Ugh. Our daughter has a GI specialist she sees (complicated) and her doctor said, “Be careful. There’s a nasty stomach bug going around.” No one in our house has gotten sick… yet. Glad you’re on the mend along with your little one.

Posted by Eva | April 12, 2014, 7:17 pm
  13. Yikes! When those things go around, it always messes up the week! I hope you’re feeling better now, but just in case– keep drinking lots of fluids!

Posted by rarasaur | April 13, 2014, 3:42 am
  14. Child-acquired bugs are the worst.

Posted by BrainRants | April 13, 2014, 7:14 am
  15. awww… there is nothing worse than a sick kid… hang in there…

Posted by pouringmyartout | April 13, 2014, 11:54 am
  16. Ugh. Sounds a bit like my week, but without the sick child prelude. At least you’re over it, yeah?
    (Technology isn’t neutral).

Posted by bardictale | April 13, 2014, 3:47 pm
  17. Poor babies! I feel back for all of you! Feel better.

Posted by benzeknees | April 23, 2014, 8:17 pm