Saturday 9

Saturday 9: I’ll Be There for You

It’s Saturday! The weekend is under way! Being that it’s Saturday, of course, means it’s time for the Saturday 9, hosted by Sam.

Saturday 9

This week’s theme is the song I’ll Be There For You, which was the theme song for Friends, the best sitcom EVAR!

I know!

So sit back and enjoy learning more about me than you ever cared to know…

1) This song begins with, “So no one told you life was gonna be this way …” What do you wish you knew five years ago about your life now?

I don’t wish to know anything so much as I wish I knew how to do something. I wish I knew not to make decisions while emotional and conflicted.

2) This is, of course, the theme from Friends, which is frequently shown back-to-back on TVLand and TBS. Have you ever “binge-watched” a show, catching episode after episode?

Of course. Revis owns all ten seasons on DVD and I watched them all from beginning to end a couple of times when I lived with him a few years ago.

3) On the show, Monica and Rachel shared a beautiful 2BR/2BA Soho apartment with a private balcony. It’s estimated that such a pad would cost at least $3500/month in today’s real-life New York. Describe your dream home.

Frankly, I’d settle for any home that had enough room for me and the kids. I can’t afford to be picky at this point. Hell, I’d even take a fixer-upper. I know how to fix a few things and for those things I don’t I know people who do.

4) Of the six main characters, only Chandler was an only child. Do you have any siblings?

I am the oldest of three. Of course, most of you know Revis, who is 13 months younger than I am. I also have another brother who is 3 years younger. I do have two step-brothers and a step-sister, as well. (Side note: Chandler was the best part of the show.)

5) Gunther was the barista at Central Perk, the coffee shop where the Friends hung out. He had an ongoing, unrequited love for Rachel. Are you crushing on anyone right now? Does he/she know?

No. I am not crushing on anyone. Frankly, I’ve decided I’m done with that shit for a while. It’s not worth it. Hopefully my heart concurs (like a doctor).

6) Currently Matt (“Joey”) LeBlanc stars in the Showtime series Episodes, playing a character named Matt LeBlanc. If there was going to be series based on your life, who would play you?

Honestly, I’d probably pick Matthew Perry. His ability to sarcasm and need to mock things he finds stupid as Chandler is almost identical to mine. In fact, I identify with Chandler in many ways. I’m socially awkward and suck at relationships, too. Perry would be the perfect pick.

7) Courtney Cox, who portrayed Monica, has the Twitter handle @CourtneyCox and has 628,000 followers. What was your last tweet?

8) The creators of Friends were massive soap opera fans. They named their characters after recurring characters on All My Children* and had Joey appear on Days of Our Lives. Have you ever been hooked on a daytime drama?

No. I’ve never been home during the day to actually have a chance to get hooked on a daytime drama. Besides, there’s normally always enough drama going on at any of my jobs for me to want to actively avoid any drama elsewhere.

9) The band who performed this song, The Rembrandts, took their name from the famous Dutch painter. Can you see any artwork from where you’re sitting right now? Tell us about it (and yes, a school painting by your 7-year-old nephew counts).

Well, since photography is an art, then yes. My living room is saturated with family photos, most of which are photos of my children. I also have some photos of my brothers, parents, and family members who have passed on. There is also my Star Wars wall, where I have framed artwork, posters, and puzzles.

Thank you, Sam, for another great week of questions! If any of you would like to participate, head on over to Saturday 9 and link up! The questions are always pretty unique and fun to answer.

49 thoughts on “Saturday 9: I’ll Be There for You

1. I LOVE FRIENDS!! And Chandler was my favorite character, then probably Phoebe for her weird behavior hehe. What a fun post, CT! Totally made me happy ^_^

Posted by TJLubrano | April 12, 2014, 10:05 am
  2. I love that you’re Chandler Bing! Hopefully you have the sense early on to get rid of Janice in your life though before you have to pretend to move to Yemin. :D
    And you have a Star Wars wall? That’s really awesome. Big awesome.

Posted by findingninee | April 12, 2014, 10:18 am
  3. Ooo. A Star Wars wall. I love that! Totally awesome.

Posted by CountryDew | April 12, 2014, 10:32 am
  4. I think Danny Devito should play you.

Posted by El Guapo | April 12, 2014, 10:33 am
  5. I still love the show… I must be the only person I know that was attracted to Ross…

Posted by suzie81speaks | April 12, 2014, 10:47 am
  6. I used to love that show, and now I want to spend the day watching tv. And I’m so honored that your last tweet was in regards to my banana.

Posted by Steph | April 12, 2014, 11:22 am
  7. I could see you playing Chandler.

Posted by merbear74 | April 12, 2014, 12:04 pm
  8. Chandler was the best.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 12, 2014, 12:48 pm
  9. still learning things here…

Posted by pouringmyartout | April 12, 2014, 12:52 pm
  10. How come Barney Miller and Sandford & Son never gets this kind of reverance?

Back to the History Channel with me, I guess…

Posted by carrythemessage | April 13, 2014, 12:09 am
  11. I wanna see a picture of the Star Wars wall! :)

Posted by rarasaur | April 13, 2014, 3:44 am
  12. I love that you have a Star Wars wall! I noticed your Out of the Darkness banner. We’ve done that walk in memory of our brother-in-law. A very unexpected loss.

Posted by Dawn | April 13, 2014, 1:58 pm
  13. Yeah we don’t need any additional drama. We could star in our own version of friends. I think I’d get either Rebel Wilson or Justine Clarke to play me (cool Aussie actors, google if you want). I wonder who would play you?

Posted by stephrogers | April 13, 2014, 9:50 pm
  14. Ah, love it. I watched every episode of every season of Friends while I was living in lonely China. It was my nightly reward for not going (completely) crazy by the end of each day.

Posted by Aussa Lorens | April 14, 2014, 1:02 am