Ten Things of Thankful

Ten Things of Thankful #44

My new English BFFL (I’ve decided to have one for every continent – filling the one for Antarctica is gonna be tough) Lizzi implored me to try this blog hop she helps host. The blog hop is Ten Things of Thankful, which is a weekly blog hop in which the participants list ten things each weekend for which they are thankful, obviously. I was dubical (that’s skeptical AND dubious at the same time) when she suggested I try this because, as you all know, I’m a completely positive person with an outlook consisting of sunshine, baby laughter, and blooming flowers.

*pauses for laughter*

Okay, now that you’ve all had a good chuckle…fuck you. Anyhow, I was suffering some extreme Twitter abuse from Lizzi until I caved, as you can see for yourself…

No pressure, right? Geezass.

Anyhow, I decided to give this thing a whirl. In preparation, I decided to enhance my thinking ability by introducing alcohol into my system. (Well, it wasn’t so much an introduction as it was a reacquaintance.) That ought to help me come up with…how many things do I have to be thankful for? 10? Shit. I hope I make it through this.

Courtesy of Merreh.

Courtesy of Merreh.

Without further ado (ado me baby, ado me baby…ado the humpty  hump), here is my inaugural list of Ten Things of Thankful…

1.  Alcohol, without which I’d never have gathered the balls to even try this post.
2.  My children, without whom I’d truly have no reason to live.

My kiddos passed out on the couch after I woke them up in the morning.

My kiddos passed out on the couch after I woke them up in the morning.

3.  My mother, who, despite not being in the best financial position to do so, watches Baby C for nothing because she knows I can’t afford to pay her.
4.  Music, because it keeps me going when I think I’ve gone as far as I can.

5.  Good friends who make me laugh and listen to me bitch when life has pushed me beyond the threshold of what I can take.
6.  BFFL’s on other continents. There are still open BFFL spots available for South America, Asia, and Africa. I’ve given up hope for Antarctica.
7.  Twitter, cause y’all fuckers make me laugh over there.

8.  Books, because they keep me entertained.
9.  Video games, because fun.
10. Forgiveness. I make mistakes. A lot of them. Some people have chosen to forgive me for those slights and I appreciate that immensely.

Ten Things of Thankful

Whew! I don’t know if I can do this on a weekly basis, but I’ll try.

Audience Participation Time!What are you thankful for?

89 thoughts on “Ten Things of Thankful #44

1. Damn Dude! Nicely done! Don’t think I could pull that off once, let alone on a weekly basis, but huge props to you!

Posted by Rhonda | April 19, 2014, 9:01 pm
  2. Very nice Twindaddy. Let’s get a drink! : )

Posted by Pocahontas | April 19, 2014, 9:07 pm
  3. Yay for alcohol being number one.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 19, 2014, 9:07 pm
  4. Wonderful things to be thankful for — and don’t worry, you’ll find plenty more within the next week. :)

As for me, I’m thankful for the fact that my mom has time to listen to me and help me through rough patches when she has way too much on her own plate and doesn’t need me complaining on top of it.

Posted by E. | April 19, 2014, 9:08 pm
  5. hey I was beginning to doubt in the start of the post. You almost had me convinced! Welcome to the TToT that Lizzi can be a high pressure nag ( just kidding Lizzi, trying to make him feel better….) ( no really she can….) ahem anyway… when in the pinch for something to be thankful for there is always indoor plumbing… or not having to bang my laundry out on a rock by some mud filled pool… see not so hard!

No really, nice list…its not always easy but Lizzi is right … when bumming it does help some and there are some great folks doing this thing too so that is always welcome… Welcome again!

Love the kids on the couch… especially the one with the butt in the air!

My name will come up as skip ( my dog) cuz I cant get stupid wordpress to change me to Zoe…

Posted by skipcote | April 19, 2014, 9:50 pm
  6. Good Stuph. And a good season to start being Thankful. Happy Easter TD!

Posted by Paul | April 19, 2014, 9:56 pm
  7. I will forsake Twitter, but opt for the drink. To each his/her own.

Posted by Pocahontas | April 19, 2014, 11:07 pm
  8. You’d think I’d be a natural fit to write TToT, but I just have way too many things to be thankful for. And that doesn’t even include alcohol. You can have all of it, I won’t mind. :)

Posted by List of X | April 19, 2014, 11:53 pm
  9. I’m thankful for my love, my son, and art in all forms, and of course friends. I’m going to get mushy on you so prepare yourself…
    When I say friends, I don’t just mean my friends I see from time to time – I mean friends like you. This community has been such a great support system to me & I truly love all of you. So yeah, mush. :P

&P.S. Your little ones are adorable!

Posted by DaydreamsInWonderland | April 20, 2014, 12:13 am
  10. Nice one (well, ten).
    I’m thankful that my loved ones are alive and well.

Posted by bardictale | April 20, 2014, 3:50 am
  11. I can move to Antartica.

Posted by merbear74 | April 20, 2014, 6:30 am
  12. Wow! That, my friend, is a damn good list! I especially love what you said about your kids and your Mom. Very sweet. And forgiveness…I hear ya there!
    I’ve seen you around some of my friends’ blogs and I think I’m gonna have to stay a bit and see what you got goin’ on here. You may not make it every week but maybe every once in a while….?

Posted by Sandy Ramsey | April 20, 2014, 6:31 am
  13. great list. love that alcohol was the first thing out of your head. ha!

Posted by icescreammama | April 20, 2014, 8:48 am
  14. A happy Easter, and to more chuckles!

Posted by Michelle Liew | April 20, 2014, 8:51 am
  15. awesome…

Posted by pouringmyartout | April 20, 2014, 11:31 am
  16. I LOVE this song.

Posted by LauraALord | April 20, 2014, 1:01 pm
  17. There, see? You did very well (I concur with other commenters – WAY cute pic of your kids) and didn’t even need to resort to doing the dance for the Seven GuardVirgins.

I told you about the Seven GuardVirgins, right? They make the hop EXTRA fun :D

Posted by lrconsiderer | April 20, 2014, 1:30 pm
  18. I love blogging drunk. And Lizzi can be fucking relentless on Twitter about this hop. I’d go so far as to call her a bully, even, if I didn’t think she might come beat me up on her ‘Merica visit. Glad you made it through the 10! For the record, I screw up the numbering pretty much every week and count things for double and triple and stuff. ;)

Posted by findingninee | April 20, 2014, 2:12 pm
  19. You did it! Keep going! I’m thankful for laughter.

Posted by behindthemask | April 20, 2014, 5:19 pm
  20. That was an excellent, first effort of your first list, my friend. Your boys look so cuddly cute.

Posted by Eva | April 20, 2014, 8:43 pm
  21. WordPress, huh? Sigh. It hates me, so chances are slim to none that this is going to appear in your comment section at all. So, I love the picture of your kids passed out on the sofa. And that Lizzi shamed you into posting on TToT this week. I’ll expect to see you back next week….

Posted by dyannedillon | April 20, 2014, 10:49 pm
  22. OH this was so entertaining to read!! I LOVE that you went for it! And you nailed your thankfuls!!! I’m really glad I came by- I laughed, I cried… no wait. I laughed, and uh. I sighed… yeah! I sighed. I love this. You are awesome!

Posted by themomcafe | April 20, 2014, 11:57 pm
  23. I think this is a great list. Well done. I look for you to do this weekly!

Posted by Valentine Logar | April 21, 2014, 8:06 am
  24. I am thankful for you.

Posted by Barbara Hemler | April 21, 2014, 8:57 pm
  25. Surely the kids should be no. 1 with alcohol at no. 2? Although I guess it depends on the time of day, right?

Posted by faithhopechocolate | April 22, 2014, 8:47 am
  26. I’m thankful the couch repair guy finally showed up this week to fix our couch before my body permanently took on the awkward shape from being broken!
    What’s a BFFL?

Posted by benzeknees | April 24, 2014, 5:31 pm
  27. Jeebus, I’m behind on reading. Nicely done and if you’re going to have a BFFL on every continent, I better be Europe. ;-)

Posted by Deanna (@MyMutedVoice) | April 28, 2014, 6:44 am