Stuph

Watching the Trainwreck

I’m going to tell you something. You may judge me for it. You may not. Either way, I’m going to get it off of my chest. Here we go. Are you ready? Am I just wasting space to make sure that my confession doesn’t end up on the front page of the blog? Perhaps…. I guess I should get on with this.

I watch Maury.

There. I said it.

I know some of you (my brother included) think it’s trash and not worth watching. I can’t help it. I think it’s hilarious.

Is it trash? Sure. Is it staged? Probably. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if most of it was staged. That doesn’t matter to me. I still think it’s great.

There was that one woman who brought on 20 different guys to see which one was her baby daddy. Even if it is staged, she’s going on national television loudly proclaiming to being a whore. That’s funny as hell.

At least once per episode, that has paternity tests (which is almost all of them), the woman will bring a man on and say she’s “a million percent sure” that the man is the father of her baby. Then, Maury reads the test results. “You are NOT the father!” The woman gets a look of horror on her face before starting to cry and running off stage. Again, hilarious.

Then, on lie detector test bits, Maury will tell the guests that they were lying, and they’ll deny it. They’ll claim the test was wrong. Immediately after that, it’ll cut to backstage footage where the liar will admit that they lied. Ok, that part isn’t as funny, but the excuses they make up before the lie detector results are read are usually pretty good. One guy said that it wasn’t hickeys on his neck, it was a spot that his dog licked repeatedly.

Sure, it’s only a half step up from Jerry Springer, but, if nothing else, Maury is entertaining……to me, anyways.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

48 thoughts on “Watching the Trainwreck

1. I don’t watch Maury…but I love reality tv. No difference there. I, also, find it humorous.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Rhonda | April 30, 2014, 8:36 pm
  2. Who is Maury?
    Suppose I could ‘Google’
    Naw!
    You had me at ‘Trainwreck.’

Posted by LAMarcom | April 30, 2014, 8:37 pm
  3. Omg. You were in mine and my friend’s conversation. He and I were JUST fucking talking about this last week. Another hilarious event is when the hobags get into fights and they pull each other’s weaves out. Then, they plop them back on top their heads like nothing ever happened. Hahahahahaha! You are the bestest, dear Revis.

Posted by 1jaded1 | April 30, 2014, 8:48 pm
  4. I spent an entire week in bed sick. I watched Divorce Court, Maury, Steve Wilco and something else. They were all funny and I was glued to them.

Posted by Valentine Logar | April 30, 2014, 9:03 pm
  5. Ugh. Those people are stupid.

Posted by Twindaddy | April 30, 2014, 9:08 pm
  6. Nothing wrong with some guilty pleasure TV.

Posted by The Cutter | April 30, 2014, 9:29 pm
  7. My daughter and I pvr and watch all these shows,,we find them a nice bonding experience,lol!
    Sadly, it’s not always staged. My ex-husband actually worked with a woman who went on the Jerry Springer show, she slept with a husbands brother or something like that.
    Surprisingly this chick was proud of the fact that she was on the show!
    This woman was a nurse in real life. Nice eh?

Posted by overitblogdotcom | April 30, 2014, 9:32 pm
  8. Do you watch soap opera’s too?

Posted by behindthemask | April 30, 2014, 10:48 pm
  9. Maury used to be a legitimate newscaster.
    Jerry Springer was apparently an excellent Mayor.

Posted by El Guapo | April 30, 2014, 11:00 pm
  10. I. Am. Mortified.

Posted by djmatticus | April 30, 2014, 11:47 pm
  11. The saddest part here is that some people honestly believe that shit is real.

Posted by BrainRants | May 1, 2014, 6:47 am
  12. I can hear your brain cells screaming out — “save me!” Ok I am a terrible snob. But it doesn’t matter so much if you watch it as it would if you believed it. However I will not be nice if you are ever so lame as to GO ON IT. That takes a serious kind of stupid.

Posted by Elyse | May 1, 2014, 9:36 am
  13. “Half a step up…” Nope! I’m a “million percent sure.” But I sure did laugh during the post.

Posted by Gunmetal Geisha | May 1, 2014, 2:01 pm
  14. You have issues. hahah : )

Posted by Pocahontas | May 1, 2014, 2:45 pm
  15. The mere thought of that sound coming from my television hurts my head. : )

Posted by Pocahontas | May 1, 2014, 2:46 pm
  16. Maybe I should, but I don’t think less of you after your confession.

Posted by benzeknees | May 2, 2014, 4:00 pm
  17. I need to gather my thoughts before I decide how much respect to lose…

Posted by pouringmyartout | May 7, 2014, 12:15 pm