Share Your World

Share Your World – 2014 Week 18

It’s hump day, Maphia, and even though things are murky and depressing here in the blogosphere, this trooper is going to try to make this as positive as he can. And he’ll begin by referring to himself in the third person for some asinine reason.

As you should all know by now, Wednesday is this trooper’s appointed day to wax narcissistic by answering questions about himself. Questions posed by the distinguished Cee herself, who could out-interview Barbara Walters. Or even Oprah.

Let’s get to the meat of the post, shall we?

What object do you always have with you when traveling and why?

I normally have my smart phone with me at all times. I hate to admit it, but I’m addicted to it. I feel naked without it and there’s really no good reason why. I’ve become a slave to it.

What subject would you like to study in depth, if given the time to do so?

Honestly, I’d probably pick writing since I write on a daily basis now. I coasted through my Language Arts classes in school because I really wasn’t interested in reading OR writing in my youth. Now I can’t imagine my life with out it. I think I’ve got a decent writing voice, I can spell, and I’m fairly proficient with grammar, but other than that I have no formal education or training on how to write. I don’t know the first thing about creative writing and I hated essay’s in school. So, yeah, I’d pick writing.

Which would you prefer:  a wild, turbulent life filled with joy, sorrow, passion, and adventure–intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a contented bordering on happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by friends and family without such wide swings of fortune and mood?

Quite frankly I’d settle for either one of them right now because I have neither. Honestly, when I read the exploits of bloggers like Samara, Helena, and Aussa, I feel a tinge of jealousy that they spent their younger years having adventures and living life to the fullest while I raised children. Again, no regrets here. I wouldn’t trade my boys for ANYTHING, but I’d love to have stories of their caliber to tell.

Oh sure, I have plenty of exciting stories to tell, son. How about that time you sneezed baby food into my eye? No? How about the time you vomited in my mouth?

What are your favorite spices?

Probably either black pepper or red pepper. Anything that brings the heat.

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

Not a damned thing. I don’t have it in me to find things to be grateful for at the moment with all of the shit that has happened in the past few days.

If you would like to submit yourself to this most impressive interrogation, head on over to Cee’s Photography and link up with us. Thanks again for the great questions, Cee.Share Your World

57 thoughts on “Share Your World – 2014 Week 18

1. Made me laugh.

Posted by 1jaded1 | May 7, 2014, 12:06 pm
  2. Hoping better days come to you. :)

Posted by dmauldin53 | May 7, 2014, 12:08 pm
  3. I have a few crazy ass stories from my youth, actually.

Posted by merbear74 | May 7, 2014, 12:28 pm
  4. Garlic and cayenne pepper. And cumin.

Posted by BrainRants | May 7, 2014, 12:43 pm
  5. You could maybe be grateful that you have a wicked sense of humor… ;)

Posted by Mental Mama | May 7, 2014, 1:32 pm
  6. Tis’ the reason you are creative. And, can never have too much heat. It’s a must to remove the lid when it comes to pepper.

Posted by Pocahontas | May 7, 2014, 1:34 pm
  7. Well, you are a pretty good damn writer already so I guess some writing instruction would only enhance your written word! You don’t have to feel grateful, but we will feel grateful for you and say we are grateful that you are part of our lives. Damn, you are making me so mushy lately! :)

Posted by brickhousechick | May 7, 2014, 2:02 pm
  8. Brian’s dad puts a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on pretty much every dish he makes. If you like pepper, I highly recommend it! Om nom nom.

Posted by Quirky Chrissy | May 7, 2014, 2:51 pm
  9. HOW MUCH HEAT CAN YOU TAKE? Becauuuuuuuse if you like things hot, I can lay my hands on THE hottest chilli sauce in the world. It’s something ridiculous like 17million Schovilles. A teaspoonful will hospitalise a person.

Let me know if you’re interested.

As for (feeling like you have had) a boring life, at least you got kids outta yours. I have not LIVED, nor have I precisely ANYTHING to show. Bar a few angsty poems and shit. Big freakin whoop.

Posted by lrconsiderer | May 7, 2014, 3:21 pm
  10. Love me some red pepper flakes!!!!

Posted by Nicole Marie | May 7, 2014, 4:19 pm
  11. BRING THE HEAT!

I love me some ghost peppers!

This is a great post considering you have no fucks to give!
    And thank you for the shout out. Did you get my check?

Posted by samara | May 7, 2014, 5:58 pm
  12. My heart was in the right place. Just not my bank account.

Posted by samara | May 7, 2014, 6:10 pm
  13. I’m grateful for good friends….

Posted by djmatticus | May 8, 2014, 12:17 pm
  14. With your love of pepper, you & my hubby would get along well! I had a bit of a mildly wild youth & then settled into parenthood at 25 (mostly single parent too), so I know what you mean about feeling like life passed you by in a way. This is a bit of a depressing time to be a blogger if you know Rara.

Posted by benzeknees | May 8, 2014, 6:49 pm
  15. Damn, I totally missed hump day … And I actually got my first job as a writer — technical writing — because I could spell. That was before spell_check made me stupid though.

Posted by Elyse | May 8, 2014, 10:02 pm
    • I’m glad for spell check. I don’t always remember where the “u” goes in words like restaurant and guarantee, both of which I finally just spelled right on the first try thanks to repeatedly pissing off the spell check machine.

Posted by Twindaddy | May 9, 2014, 6:59 am
  16. I guess you could take that writing class and quite possibly teach a thing or two. I gotta tell ya, I’m so glad I found you and your nifty little blog here, even if I can’t remember how it came about. Kismet, I suppose. I’ll be sure to kiss the blog gods when I find them.
    I love, love, love the heat. My son and I grow our own different kinds of hot peppers to eat with our eggs and whatnot. I eat hot sauce on almost everything.
    Sorry things have been a wreck. I think it might be something in the water because I’ve pretty much been knee deep in crap myself. Here’s hoping it turns around soon!

Posted by Sandy Ramsey | May 9, 2014, 10:22 pm
  17. I wonder if anyone’s ever created garlic chocolate?

Posted by faithhopechocolate | May 11, 2014, 9:57 am

1. Pingback: Share Your World – 2014 Week 18 | Nola Roots, Texas Heart - May 7, 2014