Stuph

And…….

Every day for the past few weeks, it has been the same thing. I’ll think of something to write about. Then, I’ll sit down in front of the computer. And…….

Nothing.

My mind goes blank. I can’t get anything out. I sit there staring at the screen until my mind hits the button to change the channel.

Once that happens, I’ll leave the blog and look over the Facebook posts I just looked over 5 minutes before. Or, I’ll browse the stories on NFL.com, even though it’s the offseason and not much is happening. Or, I’ll go on IMDB and look up who provides the voices for the characters on Baby E’s cartoons because I swear I’ve heard them before (Most of the time, I’m right about this, including where I heard their voice before).

No matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to get anything out…..until now…..when I’m writing about not being able to write…..WTF????

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

35 thoughts on “And…….

1. Maybe when you have the ideas write them down so when you have time you’ll have ideas to work with? Just a thought. Good luck. :)

Posted by Mental Mama | May 27, 2014, 8:49 am
  2. So, you’re hearing voices, eh? Hmmm. Would you like to tell us a bit about that?

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Paul | May 27, 2014, 8:53 am
  3. It’s a start…good to see you, dear Revis.

Posted by 1jaded1 | May 27, 2014, 9:19 am
  4. I’ve got the best ideas, great ideas, when I’m walking around. Then I sit in front of my computer and blank as well. I really need to write down these ‘awesome, creative, splendid’ ideas I always forget…

Posted by No Blog Intended | May 27, 2014, 9:54 am
  5. I agree with Mental Mama,,that’s what I have had to start doing.
    As soon as a idea hits my little pea brain I stop what I’m doing and jot it down on the good ol iPhone.

Posted by overitblogdotcom | May 27, 2014, 10:07 am
    • My phone is only good for calling and texting. I can’t really do much more with it. Besides, as I told Mental Mama, I have to be in the mood to write something. Even if I jot down the idea to write about it later, I may not be in the mood to write about it when I have the time.

Posted by Revis Edgewater | May 27, 2014, 10:15 pm
  6. Sometimes writing about writer’s block is a good kick start. And other times, it isn’t.

I hope you found this helpful!

Posted by The Cutter | May 27, 2014, 10:47 am
  7. It’s normal. I keep a calendar of all my postings on my blog to remind myself of all my blank moments. Holy crap I just noticed you have over 4,000 followers! See? I get distracted by shiny stuff too!

Posted by Marie | May 27, 2014, 11:23 am
  8. I’m in the same boat TD. I just recently decided I’m not going to sit down to write until I have a better idea of direction I actually want to go in. I’m walking around my house with a pen in hand, writing every random thought down, hoping it all comes together at some point. I used to have ideas every minute of the day…and now…it almost feels like work trying to come up with stuff. So…no more. I gotta sit back for a while I think.

Posted by Dawn | May 27, 2014, 12:00 pm
  9. It happens.

Posted by djmatticus | May 27, 2014, 12:00 pm
  10. Glad I’m not the only one who looks up cartoon voices. That’s me.all.the.time. Maybe I would get more blog posts read if I wasn’t so distracted by who voices the hippo on Doc McStuffins.

Posted by AreYouFinishedYet | May 27, 2014, 12:46 pm
  11. Everybody ends up doing at least one post like this… well… not me, I have crack squirrels… and some people only do posts like this… for whatever that is worth…

Posted by pouringmyartout | May 27, 2014, 1:49 pm
  12. It’s okay. Give yourself permission to have the block. Also, look at funny memes online. I find that helps sometimes.

Posted by BrainRants | May 27, 2014, 2:21 pm
  13. You have a bad case of writers block. I suggest you take a trip to Hawaii to cure it…

Posted by behindthemask | May 27, 2014, 5:46 pm
  14. It happens to all of us. Just relax, maybe you need a break.

Posted by Valentine Logar | May 28, 2014, 9:42 am
  15. I have been having trouble writing lately as well – in large part because of my sadness over what is happening to Rara. Mayhap this is happening for you too?

Posted by benzeknees | May 28, 2014, 6:38 pm
  16. I understand – when in the mood to write, I’m not at a point where I can write. Then once at the keyboard, all the ideas run away and hide.

Perhaps you and Mrs Revis need to take Baby E away for a weekend or something?

Posted by faithhopechocolate | June 3, 2014, 6:34 am