Things I Should Not Be Subjected To

Things I Should Not Be Subjected To: My Coworkers

It’s been a long time since one of us has done one of these “Things I Should Not Be Subjected To” posts. I thought I’d bust out a post for this barely used category for you all.

At my job, there are two companies that work inside the building: the company that owns the building and the company that I work for (a small company of 15 people that does subcontract work for the other company). In my job, I rarely have to interact with the people from the other company. Every once in a while, I’ll have to drop things off to them, or vice-versa, but, for the most part, we stay separate.

The other company (which I’ll refer to as OC from now on) has some kind of fitness program set up for their employees. From what I’ve gathered, if the employees walk a certain distance each month, they get some sort of reward. Outside of the building, they have a course set up so that the employees taking part in this program can walk it during lunch and breaks. If they walk the whole course, they’ll know exactly how far they’ve walked.

So far, it sounds like a good setup. There’s just one flaw in it, though….the weather.

If it’s too cold, they won’t walk the course. If it’s raining or snowing, they won’t walk it. If it’s too hot, they won’t walk it. Basically, unless it’s nearly perfect weather outside, they won’t walk it.

Out of the 100 (or so) work days that have passed so far this year, they’ve walked outside for 10-20 of them.

Where do they walk, then? You guessed it. They walk right through my area.

My company leases the space we have from OC. In the entire warehouse, we have three aisles. That’s it. Three aisles. But instead of walking through one of their areas, these assholes walk through mine.

If they were nice about it (You know, saying ‘hi’ or even just smiling at me), I wouldn’t care. These douchetards, however, always look at me like I’m in their way; that my mere presence is an inconvenience to them.

Fuck you.

Don’t want to run into me? Walk down one of your own damn aisles, then.

If these bastards keep it up, I’m going to start eating beans for breakfast. That way, I can begin crop-dusting the aisles right before they walk down them.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

36 thoughts on “Things I Should Not Be Subjected To: My Coworkers

1. Another reason people suck. Snobs. At least have the decency to smile.

The beans idea is excellent. If they don’t want to shit where they sleep, they can smell your farts.

Posted by 1jaded1 | May 31, 2014, 2:46 pm
  2. Hahaha, that’s too typical! First having people go through your space and then having them look at you as if you’re the one who should get the fuck out… Djeeze, that’s so very high school in some way.
    Start your own competition, exercice aiming paper planes at them.

Posted by No Blog Intended | May 31, 2014, 3:08 pm
  3. If your company is leasing space from OC, I’d take a look at the lease with regard to access to your space.If your boss isn’t interested in that, I suggest all y’all start your own walking program and get your mileage thru their space. :)
    But aside from all of that, I like your crop-dusting idea. xo

Posted by savannah49 | May 31, 2014, 3:09 pm
  4. Yeah, I’ve seen and been in situations like that too. The other workers think you guys are taking away their jobs. As a result they will do whatever they can to piss you off. I once worked for a trucking company that took a contract to haul beer from a brewery while the brewery’s own union drivers were on strike. Whew. that was a rough one. We were loading and unloading on their dock with their employees. It got violent. Even companies where part-time agency personnel are used in conjunction with full time employees, there are rough encounters. I managed such a situation for a few years and it was a constant source of aggrevation. Some pushing and shoving ensued. I once hauled a load of produce from a depot in Bakersfield California that was supposed to go to a company driver (unbeknownst to me) and they chased me for 200 miles trying to put me off the road. Mind you they were driving SUV’s and I was driving a tractor-trailer so it wasn’t much of a contest. They thought they could bluff me into pulling over or leaving the road, but I just bulldozed my way though. I’m glad I didn’t have to stop for a leak. They gave up after 200 miles.

So, yeah, they see your company as infringing on their workplace and will do whatever they can to get your goat. The ony real way to stop it is to get their bosses (who have a vested interest in you guys doing a good job) to tell their employees to stop. Can you pick out some small detail – like no steel toes or a safety issue of being struck with a walkie or forklift – that you can use to complain to their boss?

Posted by Paul | May 31, 2014, 3:17 pm
  5. It’s possible that OC’s fitness rewards program includes a bonus for extra douchiness.

Posted by List of X | May 31, 2014, 5:17 pm
  6. Crop-dusting?
    You play hardball, don’t you, Revis?

Posted by The Hook | May 31, 2014, 7:36 pm
  7. Bastards.

Posted by nancytex2013 | May 31, 2014, 9:25 pm
  8. You have *no idea* how much that idea appeals to me.

Posted by Mental Mama | May 31, 2014, 9:38 pm
  9. My other half goes through the exact same thing. I say the beans are a win. Make sure you put onions in them too.

Posted by DaydreamsInWonderland | June 1, 2014, 12:30 am
  10. Sounds like a plan to me.

Posted by Valentine Logar | June 1, 2014, 12:49 am
  11. HAHA. They sound like douches. Maybe string up something that they have to duck under? Or something. Farting is a good idea though. ;)

Posted by Kristi Campbell - findingninee | June 1, 2014, 6:21 pm
  12. Banana skins.
    Marbles.
    Ball-bearings.
    Tripwires.
    Caltrops.

FIGHT BACK!

Posted by lrconsiderer | June 1, 2014, 7:08 pm
  13. This seems like a small thing to be so worked up about… but you obviously are… have you tried tossing squirrel carcasses at them? I am having a sale on them… and ones that die of crack overdoses are pretty nasty…

Posted by pouringmyartout | June 1, 2014, 7:49 pm
  14. Ay! This is horrid! How can they expect to get any work done under these stressful conditions??? You could also trip them as they go by. :)

Posted by brickhousechick | June 1, 2014, 11:47 pm
  15. Funny how a smile, a nod or a mere display of a conscious would make all the difference. What you refer to them as, is what I refer to my ex as. Like today for example. Hahahha I just bought some fart bombs for a joke to play on my Wee Ones. They work and I would be more than happy to mail you a few, so you will not have to undergo any unpleasantries. ;)

Posted by Pocahontas | June 3, 2014, 12:54 am
  16. I agree, why can’t they walk in their own space? Or even just wear waterproofs if it’s raining? It’s not that difficult, after all. They’ve also obviously not figured out that if they work out under a hot sun, it’ll help them burn more calories, but then I guess stupid is as stupid does, and so they deserve you to eat baked beans daily for breakfast.

Posted by faithhopechocolate | June 3, 2014, 10:06 am
  17. Crop dust those aisles! Or accidentally pile things in their way!

Posted by benzeknees | June 4, 2014, 5:25 pm