Life

TWO YEARS AGO

Two years ago, I was just a guy who didn’t really know what I was doing. Whenever something new came along, I just went with the first thing that came into my head and hoped it was right.

Now, two years later, I’m pretty much still in the same boat.

My little girl celebrated her second birthday yesterday. Looking back on the day she was born, things seem so surreal. I remember her being born, but, when I look at pictures of her from that day, I don’t remember her ever being that small. All I see is how big she is now.

She runs, jumps, climbs, and (like her mother and grandmother) falls. She talks up a storm whether there’s anyone in the room with her or not. Her laugh is a beautiful sound, even though it sounds downright evil at times.

Watching her play is never dull. She’s always doing something entertaining. If you blow bubbles for her, she’ll chase after them saying, “I got it. I got it,” over and over.

She’s also not afraid to let you know what she wants. No matter what you’re doing, if you have something in your hands, she’ll knock it out of them, grab one of your fingers and pull you to whatever it is that she wants you to do for her. If you resist her pull, she’ll start crying until you either give in or she gets bored and moves on to something new.

Even though she’s a pain in the butt sometimes, I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter than the one I have been blessed with. Baby E, Daddy loves you very much and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life doing whatever I can to make you happy.

About Revis Edgewater

I'm Revis Edgewater, the world's only zombie killing rogue ninja. I'm also the First Knight of the Matticus Kingdom. I write stuph that's 33 grams of whatever I'm writing about.

22 thoughts on “TWO YEARS AGO

1. so sweet! happy 2nd bday baby E! :)

Posted by Christina | July 8, 2014, 3:11 pm
  2. “Even though she’s a pain in the butt sometimes, I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter than the one I have been blessed with.” – This. This is so me right now.

Posted by LauraALord | July 8, 2014, 4:04 pm
  3. What utter preciousness! Little girls will do that to their daddies. :) My little one (now 18) was feisty and had no fear. When she was sweet she was sweet but when she was wasn’t happy – watch out! Her older brother was afraid of her especially since she liked to bite and pinch. I am happy to say that she has outgrown this stage. :)

Posted by brickhousechick | July 8, 2014, 6:25 pm
  4. Happy Birthday Baby E!

Posted by Paul | July 8, 2014, 7:26 pm
  5. OMG our kids’ birthdays are just days apart! Yours turned two, mine five. A huge difference, until it’s not. Here’s to celebrations, and falling down, and life, and your appreciation of her amazement. And to you. XOXO huge friend.

Posted by Kristi Campbell - findingninee | July 8, 2014, 8:48 pm
  6. That’s sweet! Happy Birthday, Baby E! She’s lucky to have such a loving daddy. Enjoy these years.

Posted by Amy Reese | July 9, 2014, 12:06 am
  7. Happy Birthday to Baby E! It sounds like you’re doing just fine. :-D

Posted by 1jaded1 | July 9, 2014, 12:18 am
  8. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted by pouringmyartout | July 9, 2014, 1:42 pm
  9. Wait! Stop! Didn’t she just turn ONE????? Oh dear. Time is going by too quickly.

Posted by Elyse | July 9, 2014, 1:42 pm
  10. That is the sweetest thing I have read all week. I am going to stop reading tonight with this one. I like the feeling it leaves me with. Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl!

Posted by Sandy Ramsey | July 9, 2014, 10:53 pm
  11. Since my Little Girl is almost the same age, (she’ll be two in August) I can really relate. They are just the cutest most precious things on this earth.

Posted by serins | July 13, 2014, 6:55 pm